0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Escaping dream (Part 1)

Ring ring ring, the lunch bell rings. People flood the corridors and rush out into the main area. The two best friends got together. Eliza who is seventeen years old and Tom who is sixteen. Eliza was popular and sporty. Tom was funny and dorky. Strange as it was, they were best friends. They were sitting in the main area, leaves were swishing over their heads and the sun sparkled brightly. Everything was peaceful and serene.

 They were chatting happily. Suddenly, Eliza spotted something sparkling trail in the corner of her eye. It was leading to the back of the school.No one went there.It was rumored that it was haunted. Eliza sped off and Tom followed, little did they know what adventure was waiting for them……

They sped off and came to an abrupt stop, there, all the lights were dim and the wind howled eerily, everything was quiet, the only sounds were them breathing. “Let’s go back, Eliza, please, it's spooky.” Tom pleaded. But Eliza ignored his protests and warnings, she was drawn towards it, like a moth to the light. The floor rumbled and both of them screamed, an old man with a long beard and gray cloak emerged from behind the boxes, he raised his staff in the air and pointed it towards them. The last thing they saw before passing out was a bright emerald flash.

Tom sat up and rubbed his head, he looked over and saw Eliza knocked out too, her hair spread messily around her. He saw a stream and carried as much cold water as he could with his hands and dumped it on her face. Eliza woke up sputtering and glaring fiercely at him. All Tom could do was hold back his laughter. Eliza sat up and asked a very important question,” Where are we?” At that question, Tom stopped laughing and looked around too. “Hang on, This is a wanted criminal named Goldi-.” She stopped reading the wanted poster abruptly and whispered, “Goldilocks?” 

Tom looked around fearfully, “Just as I thought.” He thought. “Do you know where we are?” Eliza questioned. “N-no-o” Tom quivered “Look if we want to get out of here, you have to tell me where we are, and I know it when you lie.” 

Tom sat down on a burnt log and held his head in his hands. ‘I’ve gone here before, it's called the land of stories, fugitives and killers live here. The best thing we can do is not get killed’ “WHAT?!” “I mean, some good guys live here too, but it's mostly bad guys, the people that rule here don't do a pretty good job.” 

A twig cracked behind them and they both spun around, inching closer to each other. The hooded man came into view and withdrew his hood, revealing……….. A perfectly normal face. “Children!” come with me! I know a safe place.” They shuddered and huddled closer, their shoulders almost touching and shook their heads. The man sighed tiredly, ‘Look, I’m not evil.” He held up a badge that said ‘Star Palace’. Tom sighed in relief and went with the man. “Come on.” “But ho-how do you know that he’s good?” “The badge signals that he is working for the Faeries.” “What are those?” “They are some kind of fairy, they are quite powerful, come on, follow me.” “If you say so.”

The man led them to a place where there was a gnarled tree trunk, he waved his hands and muttered a few random phrases. Sparkling purple and blue dust sparkled in the air for a few moments and the tree trunk creaked slowly to reveal a door. The man pushed open the door and it opened to reveal a comfy space. There was a fire roaring merrily in the fireplace and plush armchairs were arranged around the fire neatly. There were also several pictures on the walls and a bookshelf held a TON of books.

"Please sit down." the man said, gesturing to one of the chairs. "Tom, you promised us you would never come back, you have to take your girlfrie-" "I'm not his girlfriend!" "She's not my girlfriend!" They both broke out in protests about girlfriends and whatnot.

The man waved his hands and the sound of rocks crashing together was heard. They both stopped bickering, and very red, they turned back to the man. "Okay, okay, I get it." the man said. "Anyways, as I was saying-" "What is your name?" Eliza interrupted. "My name is John. And please stop interrupting me." John sighed and continued. " You will have to go to the faerie palace again, they will find the portal and you will be transmitted home, do you understand?"

"Yes sir, but we don't have an-"

"And I will supply you with food," John finished.

"Thanks!"

"You two can stay here tonight, it's way too dark outside and wolves and ogres are mostly up now."

"Sir," Eliza began, "We don't have a map. And how do we reach there?"

"I'll give you a map tomorrow."

"Thank you!"

"Oh and do you two mind sharing a bed?"

"I'm not sleeping with him!"

"I'm not sleeping with her!"

And the argument started all over again

"RISE AND SHINE YOU LAZY GUTS!" John yelled in their ears.

They both screamed in harmony. Well harmony is a strange word to describe a scream, but oh well. Anyways, back to the story.

"Here is your food, some books, a dagger and a map." John concluded throwing two satchels to them.

"Thank you!" "John, are you sure you can't come? I mean, a map is good but a guide would be better."

An idea flashed in John's head, but he quickly shook it away, he couldn't leave his tree, and he was way too scared to go outside. But the thought was tempting…"No." John said firmly.

"Okay, then." the friends said sadly. They hugged John and began their journey back home

Back in the Human World

"Please, find my daughter. PLEASE." Eliza's mum begged.

February 09, 2021 03:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.