210 comments

American Coming of Age Creative Nonfiction

GUIDELINES FOR OASIS


1.THE PURPOSE OF OASIS WAS TO GIVE EXPOSURE TO THE WRITERS THAT WORKED HARD FOR THE STORIES.

SO, EVERY WEEK ALL THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL COLLECTIVELY CHOOSE 2 WRITERS AND A STORY ON FRIDAY FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.

2. THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM TO THE MEMBERS OF THE GROUP. THAT'S COMPULSORY. YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEIR STORIES BY GIVING THE GROUP MEMBERS FEEDBACKS ON THE STORIES THAT THEY SUBMIT EACH WEEK. IT APPLIES TO ALL.

3. THE WRITERS THAT WE CHOOSE SHOULD BE IN EVERY ONE's BIO FOR A WEEK.

4. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE GROUP MEMBER YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES.

5 ALL THE MEMBERS ARE MENTIONED IN THIS STORY BELOW.



What is OASIS?

Every week on reedsy 600-700 stories get submitted. But how many writers get attention or exposure. None.

Right??

We have CC and all. But how many people has it helped? NOne?

So I created Oasis.

In the oasis, we help by giving exposure to the writer who gives their hard work for stories.


So hello everybody.

I know since a few months lots have been happening on reedsy. First the downvoting and now the upvoting scandal.

But it's ok. We are humans and we do tend to evolve with situations and circumstances.

To escape from all this rant. I came up with an idea.


OASIS

It's a club. It's open for all. Here we all are going to support each other and thrive in our writing skills.

The main motto of this club is to support each other and give exposure to new writers.

We will give constructive criticism and feedback on your stories.

Enhancing your writing journey.

All you have to do is write OASIS in the bio. And we will get to know who is interested in this journey.

In OASIS we will give feedback and constructive criticism to all the writers who are members of an oasis.

We will give shout to a new writer or the writers who haven't got good exposure.

Our main goal is to polish us to refine writing.

No upvoting bs.


MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP

ERZA SCARLET

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/erza-scarlet/

VARSHA VIMAL

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/varsha-vimal/

ABBY

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/abby-00a9dc/

KATE REYNOLDS


Who is ready to join me? Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?

January 15, 2021 14:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

210 comments

15:54 Jan 15, 2021

Ummmm Radhika, you know I love you buttt I'm gonna have to say something on this. For one, I think this is a GREAT idea! Oasis seems cool and a beautiful group to join and I understand exactly where your coming from but doesn't this take away the whole purpose of reedsy? When I came to reedsy I had about 3 likes and 4 comments. I was a bit discouraged and I found myself wanting to be like Aerin who was SUPER outgoing and had one of the amazingest stories! As well as Amany who's stories are always sooo bright and beautiful. But its importan...

Reply

Radhika Diksha
17:08 Jan 15, 2021

Ya, you are right in a way. I will tell you my example. No one would give me feedback unless I ask them. That's what this site does. Closely knit groups only comment on each other. Every week 600-700 people submit people. But how many do get exposure have you ever think about it? Very less.

Reply

21:11 Jan 15, 2021

Yes, same happened to me Radhika. Same goes for everyone...trust me. I did not have this many people commenting on my stories before. Go check my past stories, but I continuously did what I needed too to get to where I am now. I read other peoples stories, left comments and simply hoped they would do the same to me someday. 600-700 people submit stories, yes. Not all of them get noticed, yes. But isn't that life? more than a million people live in this world and yet we focus on celebrities when there are smaller people even greater than them...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya W.
20:34 Jan 15, 2021

Radhika, that's not something at the fault of the people of Reedsy, more so at the fault of the Reedsy algorithm. I agree with Ugochi - while I love the idea of Oasis, I don't think this is something that will greatly improve Reedsy as much as it will cause the very thing you're trying to prevent. I've already left my own comment here explaining my thoughts. Best of luck, but I don't think this will work out in your favor.

Reply

Show 0 replies
21:32 Jan 15, 2021

Oh and may I ask you a question?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
02:30 Jan 16, 2021

Sure.

Reply

03:29 Jan 16, 2021

"And I know a person who is on the leaderboard forever and downvoting other people. The stories are so weak and they still are in everybody's bios and good books. And that does hurt me a lot." May I ask who your talking about??

Reply

Radhika Diksha
04:19 Jan 16, 2021

You and I have the same thinking. Are you in all poetry? Because that's a private space. If you are not. All poetry is a website for poetry. But there is a chat group there. SO we can communicate there if you want.

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
23:26 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you! Would you like to join?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:28 Jan 15, 2021

Yayyyyy!!!!!!! Just put "OASIS" at the top of your bio and the links of the people/stories that we are giving a shoutout to!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:30 Jan 15, 2021

:DDDD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya W.
14:53 Jan 15, 2021

Hello Radhika. Recently, you left a comment on my story asking me if I could decide whether I'd like to support you or not. I've seen that you've been leaving this comment on other's stories, as well. It took me a lot of mental energy to decide whether to write this comment, but after reading this story as well as your bio, I think I have to. I always upvote people's comments on my stories, as well as try to respond to each and every comment. When I promise to read a story I try to keep that promise. However, life gets in the way sometimes...

Reply

15:42 Jan 15, 2021

I completely agree Maya!

Reply

Maya W.
15:44 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you, Ugochi!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
15:20 Feb 04, 2021

Actually, it's working. people are loving it and appreciating it too. I don't know how long it will work but right now it's working fine. Ya, in middle someone came to disturb our sanity and to put false accusations on us. But I worked it out. Someone daily gets involved with my idea, so I think people are liking it very much. Coming to the leader board. It's not necessary that the person who is on top needs to have a talent for the spot. And I think you should re-read your second point because I think even you have misunderstood me and my ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
. .
14:18 Jan 15, 2021

Radhika, I'm always available for critiques and advice on writing.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:19 Jan 15, 2021

Great but Luke we have to be honest ok? with the feedbacks and advice. And we will not promote movie imprint writings. Ok?

Reply

. .
14:20 Jan 15, 2021

I know, I understand. I'm always honest!! I give a ton of critiques, as you know.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
14:17 Jan 15, 2021

This is perfect!!! Let's get the word out :)

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:17 Jan 15, 2021

Ok but our bio is not ready yet.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:18 Jan 15, 2021

Nope, it's not done yet I will get it done ASAP though!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:52 Jan 15, 2021

Kate, we will give feedback to each other and I will give it back to your friend. I have updated my bio and fully gave guidelines for OASIS.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
18:09 Jan 15, 2021

Okay. Hm we need to make it unique though. Lol I can't think of any ideasssss

Reply

Radhika Diksha
18:18 Jan 15, 2021

Why not do this. The writer we include we will tell them to do the same. Hence all the writers will get covered up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Julian Race
08:47 Jan 31, 2021

Stop bombarding me with messages about OASIS onto my story pages!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kate Reynolds
15:14 Jan 27, 2021

Second shoutout person: Kendi Karimi Link to profile: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/kendi-karimi/ Link to story: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/76/submissions/50251/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
06:14 Jan 27, 2021

Kate Reynolds {co founder} https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/mango-molly/ ERZA SCARLET https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/erza-scarlet/ VARSHA VIMAL https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/varsha-vimal/ Maya Emerson https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/maya-emerson/ Ethan Cavacas https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/ethan-cavacas/ Devaki Inamdar https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/devaki-inamdar-a80feb/ Kaylee Tinsley h...

Reply

Show 0 replies
✨Abby ✨
21:22 Jan 15, 2021

can I join?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:26 Jan 15, 2021

Ofc!!! All you have to do is put the people and the stories in your bio! (And write "OASIS" on the top! :D)

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:15 Jan 16, 2021

Yes and read the guideline to understand my concept. And do check out the writers that we have mentioned. And do give them critics and necessary feedbacks.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:23 Jan 16, 2021

And please do mention the writers In the bio that we have chosen for the week. You can find the writers and the story on my bio.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
15:15 Jan 15, 2021

Hey! I would love to shout out Phillip Clayberg, who has honestly given me so much helpful feedback - he writes amazingly, and is super underrated!! https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/philip-clayberg/

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:19 Jan 15, 2021

Ooohhhh okay!!! We will do him next week, this week's shoutouts are: Bill Cipher: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/bill-cipher-0e4809/ Erza Scarlett's story "ORANGES CUZ WHY NOT": https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/76/submissions/50263/

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:25 Jan 15, 2021

Yay!! ok thanks!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:30 Jan 15, 2021

Npp!!

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:31 Jan 15, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
15:19 Jan 15, 2021

Maybe next week. Because we already have decided Bill and scarlet's story. Don't worry I will post the guidelines soon. SO that no confusion to occur. Ok?

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:24 Jan 15, 2021

Suree!!! Thanks for letting me know

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
. .
14:21 Jan 15, 2021

Someone I would like to shoutout is Bill Cipher https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/bill-cipher-0e4809/ he has some amazing stories and really deserves it.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:23 Jan 15, 2021

Okay! Imma go read some of his stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jay DMer
22:21 Mar 08, 2021

Oasis!! I saw this in Ethan's bio and I thought it was great. I love the purpose and wanna join. It's not Reedsy's fault for this, but it's nice to come together, read each other's stuff, and comment on what we think. People do that, but there are so many people out there that need to influence others.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
07:45 Mar 09, 2021

Ohh, thanks. I have been very inactive lately here. But I will help you for sure.

Reply

Jay DMer
13:59 Mar 09, 2021

:) Thanks for making time then.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
20:17 Feb 01, 2021

So I'm reading all these comments and these paragraphs and I didn't know whether or not to get involved. It's probably a bad idea but I'm already knee deep. So, I understand all of your view points, I really do get it. Reedsy is a place to share stories and get feedback, but it is also a place to relax and have fun with online personas (oops "friends"). Of course I understand the purpose of Oasis. It's to help get recognition for the work that they put in. With that being said, I totally agree with the Oasis point. I just don't think it'l...

Reply

Radhika Diksha
02:06 Feb 02, 2021

My purpose is to give every new writer the exposure they desire. If I advertise them for a week and people who give them feedback who are on the leaderboard, it will make them feel good and confident. Then they will themselves start asking for feedback. Coming to if oasis will work or not. I am not requesting people to join, still, a handful of people have joined and the unknown writer is really getting reionization. Ya, sometimes writers are shy hence they don't go out to ask for feedback. SO all I want to do is to build their confidence an...

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
14:04 Feb 02, 2021

I'm sure you would, as I have seen. And I agree, it isn't acceptable to come into the comments and give unneeded feedback on an opinion that was not needed. All I'm saying is, I see what everyone is saying, but I don't think everyone is understanding each other.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Julian Race
08:49 Jan 31, 2021

Remove me from OASIS and STOP contacting me!

Reply

Radhika Diksha
13:41 Jan 31, 2021

I have already removed you and you are contacting me I am not contacting you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cassandra Durnin
21:33 Jan 25, 2021

I just may have to join

Reply

Radhika Diksha
06:19 Jan 27, 2021

Great. Just write oasis in your bio and mention writers of the week in your bio. Follow the guidelines and done. I have already mentioned you as oasis member.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amara Tillington
18:19 Jan 24, 2021

I am.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
06:19 Jan 27, 2021

Nice. Just mention oasis in your bio and mention writers of the week in your bio. I have already mentioned you as oasis member.

Reply

Amara Tillington
15:35 Jan 27, 2021

Ok!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Julian Race
10:26 Jan 18, 2021

I agree, I have almost given up with several online writing forums due to this very point that you make. I would like to join but I cannot give a commitment to every week due to ongoing challenges. I would like to join but given the above, will I be allowed? Julian

Reply

Julian Race
13:58 Jan 18, 2021

Hi, all of the bio top to bottom or just the top bit about OASIS? Julian

Reply

Show 0 replies
Julian Race
19:31 Jan 20, 2021

Yep have the bio, am I in?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
06:00 Jan 27, 2021

Congrats. You are a member of our oasis.

Reply

Julian Race
09:49 Jan 27, 2021

Wow, I made it, I'm in, I've joined the club, I have the badge, I have the tie, I have the tee shirt, my membership card has arrived, err, there's no funny handshake is there?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
11:33 Jan 27, 2021

No. But if you have any thoughts brainstorm your ideas.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
10:54 Jan 18, 2021

Yes, you can join. But if you are on reedsy you have to copy our bio and just give the members feedback. We all will also give you in return. Yes, no need to come every week. Whenever you come just check our bios. ANd copy paste it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
. .
15:14 Jan 15, 2021

NAINIKA'S AN OASIS

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:18 Jan 15, 2021

YAYYY Tell her to look at my bio and write the stuff down Also, mention Erza and Bill as well in your bio!!

Reply

. .
15:19 Jan 15, 2021

Kate, I have something to say.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:21 Jan 15, 2021

What is it?

Reply

. .
15:21 Jan 15, 2021

I don't understand how this differs from a critique circle. In literally every way, reedsy already does these things, except they cover a much wider range.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:22 Jan 15, 2021

That is true Hm, well let's ask Radhika what she thinks

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
10:25 Jul 09, 2021

OASIS I want to join, Radhika Diksha! BTW, where are you from?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshara P
03:54 Jul 03, 2021

Just read your author bio, I'm sorry. I've lost someone due to Covid too, and I understand how you feel. Hope you get better! :( And, I love this idea. Can I please join?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.