0 comments

Fiction LGBTQ+ Mystery

I am John Hopkins a CSI this is my first year and I got the most dangerous job yet right now I am in my most dangerous case ever. I am on the case for the missing ingredient for the Lavender Bakery, the world's largest bakery. Nobody knows what the secret ingredient is except the founder of Lavender bakery Nick Lavender. 

“CSI Hopkins” I heard the lead detective say who was also my dad.

“Yes Detective Hopkins” He looked at me with a serious expression on my face. My dad was always serious about cases but this time it felt different. Something was not right that whoever we were dealing with for this case was horrible. 

“What is it dad?” I said as he looked at me before pursing his lips.

“Listen John, the person we are dealing with is very dangerous. His name is Haden Edwards a twenty year old thief.” My dad said I didn’t get what was so special about him that my dad was worried about.

“He’s killed before he has killed over seventeen people. The state was trying to keep it under wraps; he killed two of the men here.” My dad spoke in such a quiet voice that it was almost a whisper. I felt my eyes go wide with shock. Before he pursed his lips he really was dangerous then not the normal case that I dealt with.

“Be careful son this is nothing like what we have seen before” My dad spoke before a turn of his boot and he was gone. We lived in a small town with only about five thousand people a lot of the time everyone knew everyone and if you didn’t then your friend knew them. The crime rate was low in our small town so a double murder was something rare that we usually never saw. Or heard about here in our small town.

“Hey Hopkins, we're heading out now, the chief wants you to stay here and keep looking through the evidence.” Jerry, a first year cop said.

“Okay bye” He nodded his head before walking away. I chuckled the first day that Jerry saw me. He hated my guts. I didn't quite know why but he just did. That was okay for me. I didn’t really like Jerry anyway he was stuck up and cocky. He thought he knew everything. My dad hated him because he was always talking about how he tried to boss my dad around. My dad has been a cop for thirty years now and he knew a lot. So when a first year cop came in the police station acting like he owned the place well you better believe that he was mad.  I sighed before going back to my work. I bent down, reaching out to straighten my skirt. That's when I heard it. I didn’t know it back then but I do now. That is the moment when my life was going to change forever for better or worse. Well you can decide that. For yourself.

“Well hello cutie” I heard a deep thick voice say it sent shivers down my spine. He had an accent. I couldn’t quite place where he was from but I knew he wasn’t from here.

“Haden” I said in a shaky voice before I cursed myself mentally for sounding so weak.

“That would be me love '' The voice was closer now than it had been before I shook again tearing through my veins.

“Are you going to kill me?” I said with fake confidence. Haden raised his eyebrow before a small smirk graced his face. I took a moment to take a good look at him. He had dark black hair that swooped over to one side and the hair cut fit him. He had deep blue eyes that just matched his dark hair; he had lip piercing and tattoos lacing all over on his arms and a few on his chest from what I could see from his tee shirt. I quickly looked back up at his eyes a red tinge forming over both my cheeks.

“No, I will not kill you cutie” Haden said that made blush deeper. I knew I shouldn’t be talking to him. I could practically hear my dad’s voice in my head telling me not to talk to him . Telling me to call for help to call for him and if I couldn’t then to run away from him he was a criminal after all. Though for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to care I didn’t care that he was a criminal or that he had killed two people. I just couldn’t bring myself to care. 

“Where are you from? I mean you have an accent and” I was suddenly filled with embarrassment but Haden just smirked at me.

“I’m from London cutie” Haden said I thought in my mind that it did fit him not only the accent but the way he spoke.

“Why?” I said before stopping myself. I was embarrassed to even say it. Haden looked at me, raising one eyebrow in a questioning way, then moving his hand. As if to say you can go on I won’t stop you.

“Why do you keep calling me cutie?” I said, stuttering a little, making the red blush now climbing to my neck.

“Well you are cute so why not cutie?” He said a deep chuckle left his mouth. It was music to my ears. It was so deep yet so soft and pure.

“Unless you want to tell me your names.” Haden said I contemplated it but I couldn’t bring myself to tell him no.

“John, John Hopkins,” I said as he smirked at me again before moving closer to me. Suddenly he was in front of me even closer than before. I felt my whole body heat up now.

“What are you doing Haden?” I said stuttering again. He smirked and I looked down trying to avoid his eyes.

“You know I've been watching you cutie for a while now I knew you were a CSI so I robbed and murdered just so I could get you here alone.” He whispered in my ear making my blush worse a hundred times worse.

“You did this for me” I squeaked out. Haden smirked before he leaned down and kissed me and I couldn’t tell myself to stop. I knew this was wrong but I didn’t care. 

“Come and run away with me cutie” Haden said I nodded as he took my hand and we ran into the night.

December 07, 2020 03:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.