My story is titled The Playground and the roundabout where children mostly play and have fun.

Written in response to: Set your story in a kids’ playground, or at a roundabout.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction High School

My story is titled The Playground and the roundabout where children mostly play and have fun.


The playground for kids are created by local parents with some active children ,who normally play at the playground.

The playground is noted as a quiet place where children and other adults often pay to go and have fun and play.

The playground is often noted as a place full of toys and ice cream for kids.

Other children often visit the playground to go and exercise and then play football on the park.

Children learn alot at the playground ,it is at the playgrounds that they often play ludo, chess games, and oware.

Some kids learn how to swim ,and run on a long mile at the parks of the playground. Children gather together and also play spar at the playgrounds.

Actually what makes the playground very exciting for most kids is that they sometimes organize birthday parties for children. This is because it is best to organize birthday parties and not memorial celebration as mentioned earlier in a saying that "Organize a birthday party for me and not my memorial celebration."


Also events are held at the playground for young athletes to engage in swimming ,horse riding ,table tennis,football and golf.

It is during these events that they are awarded with cash prizes and a few dollars when they participate and win in the games.

Other winners are given awards such as trophy , travelling opportunities with cash prizes.

Some participants who engage in the games are given souvenirs and refreshments even if they do not win in the competition and other games held at the playgrounds.


Again one of the most important reasons children look forward to during playtime is that it gives them a chance to see and engage with their friends outside of organized activity like school.

Among some of the activities of the playground includes swings, slides,climbers and forts. The swings are noted as a must have for all playgrounds.

These swings gives kids a thrilling adrenaline rush.

The Playground has all sorts of other equipments such as the Toddler climber, Swing set, Climber slide playset, Basketball hoops, balls and circles.

It is also noted that the playground often helps to improve coordination , strength and some critical thinking.

It is at the playground that children often do swinging . Swinging is some sort of classic playground activity.

Most children also do climbing. The climbing playground equipment or trees also helps kids build body awareness.

Again the playing on overhead equipment. When children play on overhead equipment it helps them build time and some gross motor skills.

Children at the playgrounds often freely play and also with the play ball games within their own confines.

The playground ,play park or play area is known as a place with some specific design that allows children to play and have good times with other kids and their parents.

In the playground kids often use solid Rubber surface.

Again children also use Artificial Grass or Turf.

The Playground had the play sand and the pea gravel. There are the Rubber mulch that are the Nuggets or Shredded.


In addition the playground has the Engineered wood fiber. There are almost ten things to do within a park or playground. These includes the outdoor gyms ,boules,cricket and rounders ,walking ,jogging and then running.

The playground also has tennis , badminton, rowing boats , Yoga,tai chi,pilates and Frisbee.

Also the playground has among the following importance that includes it provides emotional ,social, mental and physical benefits.

It can be noted that the increased self esteem improves collaboration skills with some sort of enhanced critical thinking skills.

The playgrounds should be open and then have plenty of room for kids and other children to run, jump and then have fun.


Again playgrounds provides children with Bumper cars , Carousel rides and also Vintage trains.

It is these Bumper cars , Carousel rides, and other Vintage trains that children often sit in during Christmas and other holidays to have fun and have good times with their family and other relatives.The Playgrounds provides parks where video games such as Star wars ,Mario and Mortal Kombat games are often played.

This helps kids and other adults to learn much about martial arts in order to defend themselves in times of trouble and fight.

These video games also helps kids to learn and then acquire new skills in life.

Mostly these playgrounds are often places that children sometimes read and have a quiet time with their family.

There are often reading rooms at most playgrounds that children can easily read whilst they have fun.

This is because it is noted that Readers become leaders. A reading Nation is a winning Nation . Also empty barrels make the most noise at all times.


In addition it is at these playgrounds that children often gather to watch movies and then play tennis.

The playground are places where children also engage in horse riding, they ride on boats and sometimes they play volleyball together.

They share and put on costumes of Tv comic actors like Spiderman , Batman and Superman. They also often engage in photoshoots with their family and some other friends.

The Roundabout is a large rotating machine with seats for children to ride or engage in some sort of amusement.

It can be noted that most children normally have fun on a Roundabout at the playgrounds.

Some parents also leave their children at the Roundabout during Christmas for them to have fun and thereafter enjoy their day.

At the Roundabout tickets are taken from children before they are seated on the rotating machine for them to have fun and then have an exciting ride together with their family.


Finally it can be observed that both the roundabout and the playground provides some sort of avenue for children to mostly go and often play and have fun among themselves.


Lastly both the playground and the roundabout provides employment for most workers and other citizens .

Albeit that it is both the playground and the roundabout that helps to generate revenue within the country during Christmas festivities and other holidays.


July 21, 2022 15:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.