0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Kids

THE AMULETS WISH. BY: MEDINA TILLAL

Ding dong! The doorbell rang, Anne ran to the door and opened it to see a box “Open Me.” was written on the box, she had not ordered anything, and her dad most likely didn't, maybe Sarah did she thought. OK lets make a proper introduction, Anne is a 14 year old girl who is getting boarded to boarding school because of her mean step mom Sarah, Anne thinks shes a witch.

    Sarah married Annie’s dad when Anne’s mom died, Anne was only 10 at the time when they got married, ever since then her jealousy grew for Sarah. Anne didn't hate her dad for this, he needed a wife he just didn't get the right one.

 Anyways now back to the story.

Anne brought the box inside, she looked around the box for a name but she couldn't find a name nor address. Anne took the box upstairs.

   It was Sunday after noon and Sarah and Anne’s dad were still at work, so Anne was home alone, not such a great way to spend the weekend. Anne sat on her bed and slowly opened the box in great excitement, and there stood a strange but stunning amulet.

She was pretty surprised at first, who was this for? She thought, why didn't the box have a name on it? Then Anne heard the door click. Sarah had came home. She knew that because Sarah comes home before Anne’s dad. Which meant Sarah had an opportunity to bully Anne when her dad wasn't around, now what kind of adult bullies a child?! Anne quickly hid the box under her bed while Sarah stormed upstairs. Anne grabbed a book and started reading it, just pretend of course. Sarah came into Anne’s room, “Whats up stupid o.” Said Sarah while acting out a fake Spanish accent that didn't even sound right. “Nothing much.” Anne replied “Your acting a little bit strange…” Said Sarah as she came closer to Anne “You barley even read fantasy books, oh and your holding the book upside down…” Sarah mentions with a sarcastic tone. “Oh right.” Anne says.

“Alright then carry on with the reading.” Sarah said as she left Anne’s room, knocking of her stuff of Anne’s dresser. As soon as she left Anne locked the door and got the box, out if the box didn't have a name…

   That means it didn't have an owner, if it didn't have an owner...Finders keepers right. Anne opened the box again, she held the amulet and look at it more carefully then before, she could see little words around the edges, the words were “Wish” Anne haven't seen that before.Then she instantly felt an connection to the amulet. She then heard someone with a small squeaky voice calling Anne’s name. Anne just stared at the amulet rapidly and silently, “Anne! Come here now!” her dad yelled loudly. Anne snapped and ran downstairs.

“Yes dad?” Anne said, Sarah and Anne’s dad were standing on the living room floors Anne’s dad was holding a broken makeup palette. Then Anne saw Sarah smirking, in that moment Anne already knew what was going to happen.

   “Sarah said, you got angry and broke her palette is this true?” said Anne’s dad “I didn't, I don't know who did it must have been the witch herself!” Anne replied, Anne’s dad stared getting red and furious. He was about to say something but Sarah stopped him “Its OK, mistakes happen, it must have been a accident.” Said Sarah trying to play the victim again.

“Ugh!” Anne yelled as she stomped back upstairs, Anne slammed the door, and jumped on her bed. Then she pulled out the box with the amulet. She held the amulet, and look at the words “Wish” she was furious at Sarah and her dad. Anne held the amulet and tight, closed her eyes and wished, “Oh please, make my dad find out Sarah is such a witch, the let Sarah disappear from our lives and never come back again!.” Anne said knowing that it was impossible. It was already 9:00, so Anne decided to go to bed. 

The next morning she couldn't find the amulet, she remembered that she left it on her dresser last night. She went downstairs, but Sarah stopped her. Sh-She was holding the amulet! “Hey where did you get that!.” Yelled Anne “ I think that a question for you, how did you find such rare in fact expensive looking amulet! Did you steal it!.” Said Sarah, accusing Anne of stealing. “What! No I didn't steal it, a friend of mine gave it to me!.” Anne lied. “Is that so? Ha liar i’m telling your dad!” Said Sarah as she was walking away. But then she stopped walking, she then let out a big burp! And landed on her hands, and then she turned into a slimy frog, and dropped the amulet that she was holding. Questions ran through Anne’s head. What happened too Sarah! Then she looked at the amulet and smiled “Huh, you really do work!” Said Anne. Then she took Sarah the frog and put her outside.

THE END

Make sure to like. And if you have feedback please be more than free to advise me

The Amulets Wish By: Medina Tillal

Enjoy

(P.S I'm done writing my story but I just need more words lol, so don't mind me :)

M a d i n a T i l l a l

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

Medina Tillal

December 04, 2021 00:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.