0 comments

Fiction Friendship Happy

It has been a long day. I had gone to my work from 4 am to 1 pm. I learned today that I had been doing the assigned essay all wrong. Then I went to my classes from 3:00 pm to 10 pm. Of course today, every single easily angered person, within a fifty mile radius, decided they wanted coffee from my specific coffee shop. Of course my co-worker, Elijah, was being useless. On top of that I dropped my laptop yesterday and it completely shattered. Luckily I found one on sale. The previous owner said that it worked but it had a bug and they didn't want it. I picked up my new laptop at two and set it up before heading to work. I am not even joking I just got home and it's already eleven.

"I'm honestly so tired. Today was such a long crappy day and I still have to do that essay! "

No one responded since I live alone in my apartment. So I really

said this to no one in particular. I however don't have time to be tired. I've got an essay due tomorrow and I have to completely restart. I open my new laptop and it is opened to a split screen. One is a google search for how to get better sleep; the other is to my Spotify, my upbeat songs to keep me awake playlist.

I don't remember opening these. It's weird because that's the exact thing I would have done.

"Oh well, I'm so tired I'm losing my mind. Haha. "

I sit down and go to open up my essay. I swear I'm not crazy but it opened by itself. I sat there staring at my computer screen. What the heck? Never mind. I don't care. I probably just opened it without realizing. I erased all my previous work and started again. I open a few different tabs and start making bullet points on the essay document. For now, it is nothing fancy just info. After that I start putting it in paragraphs. To be honest they were really bad. I notice that occasionally sentences will change and words will be re-written. I must have done that and not noticed. That's the only reasonable explanation.

"I'm so tired. I need to finish this. If I don't I'm gonna flunk...... No, you can do this Lizz!"

I can't fail i need to finish this and it needs to be good. Thank God i got a new computer. I love my new computer the keys never stick and it stays connected to WiFi. My old laptop always stuck or disconnected. Best 50 dollars I ever spent.

"This is the best computer....should've gotten it sooner....I'm so tired."

It's 3 am. I haven't slept at all but my essay is almost done.

"i just need to fix the spelling....maybe some grammar..and umm ..re..phrase.."

My alarm is going off. Where is my phone? What time is it? Suddenly I jump awake. It's 5:20 am. I'm at my desk in front of my open laptop.

"My essay!"

I start reading through it, horrified because I didn't finish. I don't have time to edit anything! I'm gonna fail! I started to read.

"It's - It's amazing!"

Everything was edited the spelling checked, everything that sounded awkward was rephrased; It was perfect. I didn't do that. I lean towards the computer screen. I stare into it.

"I need to print this." I whisper.

The printer starts going. It's my essay. I grab it and start to get ready. I am in shock. Before I go I turn to my laptop.

"Thank you."

No problem, Lizz.

THE END.


  • To be honest that is all the story I want to write so here is some facts about technology to help me get the word count.
  • Technology industry makes up 35% of the total world market.
  • 90% of the world's data was generated between 2019 and now.
  • There are more than 585,000 technology companies in the US alone.
  • There are more than 5.1 billion active users on the internet, with Asian countries being more than 50% of it.
  • 4.28 billion users access the web via mobile internet.
  • There are 4.2 billion active users on social media.
  • More than 90% of Americans have internet access
  • Global online sales are predicted to reach 22% of all retail sales in 2023.
  • eCommerce sales will reach $6.54 trillion globally by 2023.
  • Digital ad spending increased 49% in the first half of 2021.
  • Technology is responsible for driving more of the US economy than any other profession aside from healthcare.
  • The top five categories for technology are
  • Software
  • Hardware
  • Telecom
  • IT and Business Services
  • Emerging Tech
  • nearly 15 billion mobile devices in use in 2021, a number expected to reach 18.22 billion by 2025.
  • On a global scale, the smartphone industry is expanding at a CAGR of 16.4%,.
  • In the last decade, smartphone ownership has increased by 50% in the US.
  • Global tablet shipments are expected to hit 142 million by 2025.
  • Wearable technology is expected to grow to global shipments of 489.1 million devices by 2023.
  • Artificial Intelligence is expected to contribute $15.7 trillion to the economy by the year 2030.
  • The global machine learning market is to grow to $152.24 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 38.6%.

60% of entrepreneurs believe that AI is currently the most IT hardware accounted for $705.4 billion in spend for 2021.

Data centers brought in $228.4 billion in 2021.

  • Semiconductor sales reached $469.4 billion in 2021, despite global shortages. technology from an innovation standpoint.
  • 91.6% of Fortune 1000 companies have plans to invest more in big data and AI initiatives.
  • IT hardware accounted for $705.4 billion in spend for 2021.
  • Data centers brought in $228.4 billion in 2021.
  • Semiconductor sales reached $469.4 billion in 2021, despite global shortages.
  • If you've gotten this far wow.
  • Me facts now I guess.
  • Eli Henderson is just my pen name.
  • My favorite color is yellow green and whatever else I may like at the moment.
  • I am probably wearing a hoodie right now.
  • I work in the mountains.
  • I'm scared of people who are taller than me.
  • I'm also scared of ferris wheels. I don't know why.
  • I hope this is enough words.
June 17, 2022 01:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.