My story is entitled elements of time travel or anachronism.

Written in response to: Write a story featuring an element of time-travel or anachronism.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled elements of time travel or anachronism.


The elements of time travel focusses on architectural fragments of time.

Anachronism is also a chronological inconsistency in some arrangement,a juxtaposition of people events, objects, language terms and customs from different different time periods.

The most common types of Anachronism are

1.Parachronism: It is anything that appears in the wrong time period.

2. Prochronism.

3. Behavioural or cultural Anachronism.


The story which tells how a horse marries a young lady is an Anachronism in keeping with their opinions.

Anachronism makes it easier for audiences to relate to other historical periods or to add an element of humour and surprise to a story.

The most common type of Anachronism is an object misplaced in time but it may be a verbal expression ,a technology a philosophical idea,a musical style a material a plant or animal or anything else associated with a particular period that is placed outside it's proper temporal domain.

Also Anachronism may be either intentional or unintentional. Again intentional Anachronism may be introduced in a literary or artistic work to help a contemporary audience engage more readily with a historical period.


In addition Anachronism can also be used intentionally for purposes of rhetoric, propaganda, comedy or shock.

Anachronism may occur when a writer, artist or performer is unaware of differences in technology , terminology language, customs and attitudes or even fashions between different historical periods.

Again Anachronism may occur in an wholly objective and accurate records or representations of historical artifacts and artworks because the perspectives of historical recorders are conditioned by assumptions and practices of their own times.

The effect of time travel in effect consists of deliberate , consciously created Anachronism letting people of one time meet and then interact with those of another time.

The covers of most time travel books often depicts deliberate Anachronism of any kind.

It can be noted that Anachronism is used especially in works of imagination that rests on historical basis. Again Anachronism may be introduced in many ways in the disregard of the different modes of life and thought that does characterize different periods or in ignorance of the progress of the arts and sciences and other facts of history.


In addition Anachronism may be the unintentional results of ignorance or may be a deliberate aesthetic choice.

There are attempts to use Anachronism to then engage an audience that may have quite the reverse effect as the details in question are increasingly recognized as belonging neither to the historical era.

Anachronism is abound in works as well as in those of less celebrated painters and playwrights of earlier times.

There are repeated Anachronism and historical errors that can become an accepted part of popular culture such as the belief that Roman legionaries wore leather armor.

The comical Anachronism may use Anachronism for some humorous effect.

As their works age writers risk Anachronism they can not predict all political, social and technological change.


Again language Anachronism in novels and films are quite common both intentional and unintentional.

In addition , Intentional Anachronism informs the audience more readily about a film set in the past.

Due to this , language and pronunciation changes so fast that most modern people would find it difficult or even impossible to understand.


The ability to identify Anachronism may be employed as a critical and forensic tool to demonstrate the fraudulence of a document or artifact purporting to be from an earlier time.

Again the detection of Anachronism is an important element within the scholarly discipline of diplomatics. Anachronism occurs due to lack of Research for example if a painter paints Aristotle wearing a wrist watch it is an Anachronism.

This is because wristwatches did not exist during Aristotle time.

Also Anachronism means old fashioned using the old fashioned way.

A half human horse marrying a lady is an example of Anachronism.

This is because half human horses can hardly marry and they belong to medieval times which means that they are old fashioned.

In most cases Anachronism often occurs in movies where humans are made to fly and named as Superman.

Other Anachronism which occurs often in movies is spider man who often climb wall with his bear hands and help in rescuing people who are in trouble.

It is an Anachronism to see the cat and mouse getting married because they quarrel among themselves.

As noted it is an Anachronism to see the President of America running for the Olympics because he wants a medal or wealth.

Again it is an Anachronism to see Jesus Christ as a black man or black in complexion ,this because Jesus is seen as a White man.

It is also an Anachronism to see Jesus Christ putting on a wrist watch or driving a vehicle , because in his medieval times Jesus never drove a car nor wore wristwatches because such items were not in existence.

It is also an Anachronism to see the Prophet Moses writing a book but the ten commandments was given to Moses. In the time of Moses there were scribes but there were no Authors.

It is an Anachronism to see Jesus Christ celebrating his birthday party because in the olden days and in the medieval times there were no birthday parties and birthday cake.

Since the time of Enoch the prophet of God ,it is now an Anachronism to see any prophet of God going to heaven without experiencing death.

It can be noted that it is Anachronism to actually see Jesus watching television or movies but he is featured mostly in our gospel movies this because in medieval times there were no television all these assets were not in existence.

The Lord Jesus never watched television yet for his remembrance he was often shown on television performing miracles and healing the sick.

It is also an Anachronism to see Samson Gods prophet visiting the Gym for a workout session yet he was known as one of the prophets in the bible who was very strong albeit that he killed a roaring lion with his bear hands and he also killed the Philistines and destroyed their buildings with his bear hands.


Finally , Anachronism is something or someone that is not in it's correct historical or chronological time especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time.



July 15, 2022 07:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.