0 comments

Romance

It was a cold night. February 14,2020 Jared Collins finished our love story. I thought my valentines will be perfect. But Jared did not direct my life. My name is Cinderella 26 years of age I lived at California. Daughter of a C.E.O. to be honest it's not my real name. My name is Mary Katheryn McCarthy. Born on July 23, 1994


    I still believed in fairytales. True love kiss is real. One day I was dreaming for a prince charming waiting outside of our mansion. While holding my shoe glass.


(Someone knocking our door)


"Oh my goddess my prince charming is waiting outside" (excited)


(I opened the door)


"Oh Belle there you are what are you doing here?" 


(Crying and embracing me) "John texted me he said he wants to finished our relationship"


"Same here. By the way where's my shoes?" I asked her.


"I brought it"


    Belle is my best friend her real name is Charlotte Elliot 26 years of age from Florida. And she is daughter of the President. She believed in fairytales too. While playing video games on my room. I received phone calls from Jasmine. It was her real name and daughter of a popular veteran actor. She is from Texas. She invites us to attend at the party to be held on March 27, 2020 at New York City. I replied ok.


(While playing video games)


"Hey Belle. Jasmine texted me. She invites us at the party"


"That's great I will call Snow White, Pocahontas, Mulan and Ariel"


"How about Aurora?"


"Oh that woman! Hello! Her code name is suit for her. She loves to sleep. And look at herself she is old fashion. Unlike us"


   Snow White (Jillian Williams) and Ariel (Jullian Williams) are twins from Chicago. Their parents are both Doctors. While Pocahontas (Elizabeth Thompson) and Mulan (Ashley Thompson) are half sisters but there is no rivalry between them. They are from Chicago too. Daughter of a popular martial artist. And Aurora (Rose Johnson) Daughter of the Vice-President. All of us are lazy daughters. We are spoiled brats. And We are party girls. We loved Friday Nights.


   I called Aurora I need to convince her to attend for the said party. She answered my phone calls. She is willing to attend. Belle and I went at the mall. And we caught our ex boy friends kissing each other at the parking lot.


"Cinderella come here"


"Why?"


"Come closer. Am I dreaming look. Jared and John are kissing lips to lips."


"What the fuck! Our love story is not like a movies"


"Why Our love story is not like a fairytales"


"Babe!"


"Yes Babe"


"We need to move on"


      Every Friday nights we have gatherings. We spent our nights at the bar. Our friends has a perfect fairytales love story. While me and Belle are different from them. They teased us. Jasmine reminds us. 


"Babes Don't lose hope keep on dreaming" 


    While drinking and smoking the waiter is requesting for an autograph and selfie to Belle. His name is Christian. According to him. His role model is President Elliot.


"Hi Ms. Charlotte can I have some autograph and let's take a selfie. Allow me" He said.


"Sure why not. Thank you for loving my Dad. It means a lot to me"


    Aurora is such a bully friend. But she's nice. She teased Belle. She said to Belle. What if Christian is her meant to be. While other girls are also teasing her to Christian.


"Girls look at him. He is not qualified for me. I'm rich and he is poor".


"You are Belle and he is Beast you guys are perfect match" Aurora said to Belle.


"You want a fairytales love story? Then kiss him" Mulan said to Belle.


    It seemed Belle is peevish. She is annoying to them. So I talked to them to stop. After the party. Belle and I went at the coffee shop. Until now Belle is still in love to John. I said to her.


"No matter how your heart is grieving. If you keep on believing the dream that you wish. Will come true"


"Oh! That's enough Cinderella. This is too much. I don't want to believe in fairytales anymore. We're not the real Cinderella and Belle. You are Mary Katheryn and I’m Charlotte" she said to me. It's obviously she is frustrated.



   March 27, 2020 at New York City Ariel and Pocahontas. Registered our names at the blind date.


"Hey babe What the hell are you doing?" I asked Ariel


"Signing the registration form. You and Belle are needs to join" Ariel said to me.


"This is fun! Babe just enjoy the night" Pocahontas said to me.


"At this time you don't need to wait the 12 o'clock. You have unlimited time." Aurora said to me.


"Fuck them all Cinderella my baby" Jasmine said to me.


"Fuck you baby Jasmine" I said.


"We're all here for both of you babes"

Snow White said.



    Belle and I had no idea it was all planned by Jasmine, Aurora, Mulan, Pocahontas, Snow White and Ariel. We don't have choice but to agree. During that night Belle collapsed. It means she is disqualified. Good thing Snow White and Ariel are medicine graduates.


   The blind date starts exactly 10 o'clock in the evening. I felt nervous. I don't know how to starts a conversation. I'm still hoping he is handsome and most important he is chivalry.


"Have courage and be kind" I said to myself.



"Hi"


"Hello"


"My name is Jordan McGovern from London"


"My name is Cinderella"


"Cinderella? Wow I liked it. I'm not a prince charming"


"It's obvious"


"Why you joined?"


"My friends planned this. It's not all my plans"


"Ok. Can I ask a questions regarding to you"


"Sure"


" What is your perspective?"


"I believed in fairytales"


"Huh? Fairytales?"


"Yeah. If you keep on believing your dreams will come true"


"If you put some hard works"


"No you don't need hard works. Just believe in your dreams"


"You are childish. Fairytales is made up for children"


"Shut! Up! Who told you?"


"You know what. Let's change the topic"


"No! Let's finish this"


"Ok fairytales is not true It's just a story"


"But it happens in reality"


"Fairy godmother is not real"


"I hate you"


"You are crazy. Ok you won"


"See I told you"



    He stopped the topic. He let me to won the debate. About our different perspectives in life. He shared his life story to me. He is from poor family. But being a poor is not hindrances to reached your goals in life. We have different perspectives because. We came from different world. He is son of a shoe maker. While me daughter of a C.E.O


  If I want it I got it. One wish my Dad provided in an instant. But for him. If he wants something he needs to work harder to get what he wants.


   We didn't noticed we consumed 15 buckets of different alcohols. We are both drunk and he kissed my lips. He take off his shirt. Early in the morning I woke up. There's a stranger in my bed. We are naked. I looked at the mirror. I have hickey on my neck.



"What happened to us?"


"I don't know"



   I opened my phones. And I saw our photos on the internet. Kissing each other. I remembered. While we are tipsy we takes selfies. And I posted on my Instagram. I read all the comments from my friends. They teased me to Jordan. With my caption.


"We are meant to be. Even we have different perspectives"


    He apologized to me for what happened. It's an accident. I understand I forgive him. I called Belle. And she visited me at the mansion. She said Last Friday Night was awesome. Christian was there at the party. And he taking care of Belle. They became friends.


   Meanwhile I received phone calls from Jordan. He wants to see me. We met at the coffee shop. He brought me at the Coachella party. Strolling while eating ice cream and cotton candy. While watching live band. Jordan carried me on his shoulder. I enjoyed our date together.


   While waiting for the fireworks. He holds my hand. Jordan admitted he likes me. Suddenly my heart was beating fast. When he started to touched my face. He looks into my eyes. I felt I'm melting. 


"Oh! Jeez! come on kiss me" I told to myself


"True Love Kiss is Real" I smile at him.

I felt a romantic excitement.


   And We kissed at the Coachella party. And we watched fire works. I spent my Friday night at the Coachella festival with him.



The End


©Mary Rodriguez




August 23, 2020 16:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.