1 comment

Contemporary Romance Suspense

Fahim belonged to a rich class Afghan family.Lived in Peshawar”Fahim you always take life for granted ,I know you are rich enough, could do something better for your future sake,build your own style”Breathed usual discussion with him. Existed as childhood buddies,classfellows as well.In school he also tried to take me to the canteen.”You know Rimi ,it seems good to me buy something for you,it seems I’m your owner “Fahim said it in a different way.”

Don’t go every time towards Fahim,you are grown up now,keep a gap" Mother always scolded me like that .Fahim,do you know,now we should be in distances”I said slowly .”Why am I stinking”? knew what is he saying ,turning every word towards joke."

All are worried about future,you all friends are taking life so serious,holding grim faces ,this is our attitude towards life,Ok,leave it,this weekend,going to Nathiagali(Hill Station)I'll bear all the expenses”.Again cold remarks ticked.”How can I go with you,?im a girl,lives in your neighborhood,no other relation.”I said dimly.”Why don’t you propose me?"I bluntly asked.”You know I’m in struggling mode,cannot take that step yet".He tried to explain it simply.A cold attitude towards these topics.He didn’t taken admission in MBA classes,as "May I go abroad" his hurddling sayings.

All vague,not stationary in thoughts.The whole night,netting stood his craze and retired till two,afternoon ,his total discipline of life considered shaky.”I’m in club,busy with cards,come over here for refreshments”.He said to me on phone.”Listen,yesterday I lost ten thousand in playing flash".He announced to me proudly.”Today I again loose”.Repetitive remarks he add.”Fahim,I won’t understand,you loose five days and win two days,what is this?He laughed,”Dear I won’t play,there are flash players in the club,they borrow money from me,if they won,they returned my amount with twenty five percent more amount to me.This is my business,I never loose money”Fahim intelligently designed an answer to me.

Fahim considered by his friends an easy go pal.Consideration towards life remained entirely different.If something is fixed for you by nature ,it would entirely go like that.

Once saw him doing affirmation.”what are you babbling to your self?.He described it “The destiny is in your hand".He said “Nature doesn’t want you to spoil,today you are standing,is your entire wish,don’t go after negative thoughts be post positive approach towards life.Imagination is a Great source .You can mould your life,according to imagination.It’s a biggest nation nature gifted us.”He said ,in spite that I didn’t agree with him.

“Why don’t you join your father’s business”.He gave me a dodgy reply”It’s suitable only for one person”.

One day he said thinking”I think I would proceed to Other country,without any Visa,ticket ,passport,and even without a buck.“Fahim please now don’t make me fool,you are not in a “Time Tunnel “,it would take you to another age,”flying in atmosphere.please,I beg you,talk in a normal way”.punchly said to him.He laughed “No,last month,I had grown a plant of red rose in flower bed ,with a notion ,would it grown up,I would proceed abroad without visa,passport and ticket,it is growing up.”He said it very innocently.”Fahim,before proceeding abroad,consult a psychiatrist ”..scarcely said.He looked at me very angrily and moved out.

Fahim's family looking perturbed ,his uncle in Afghanistan got serious health conditions,at last they left for Kabul.Fahim father was pro Afghan Government.His uncle seemed a staunch supporter of the present government in Afghanistan.Next day his uncle died.Fahim was very close to his uncle.His uncle also bought a car for him.He loved his uncle dearly.

In evening,I prepared dinner for him,been sitting alone in the living room.prepared some rice and kebab for him.Looking pensive,deeply worried,sometimes looking towards me and looking upwards.

“Rimi,I’m seeing a great change in life “.”What changes".I asked”again you have planted a small plant”. ?Questioned me.”yes,this time,I have planted a seed of a cucumber ,it is growing very rapidly .This I planted for our love procurement.”Fahim,why did you involve your self in such superstitions.”? I abruptly asked. “I don’t know how my mind diverted to this side,I’m very much alert and don’t want to take any risks in life”.He exclaimed.

Next day he received a death message of his uncle.He immediately left for Kabul,to participate in the last rites .It appeared 14 August,2021,this year.They had to stopped on the way.Searching parties were installed to be vigilant.Fahim been also seating in the bus.On the way ,during search,he got held and sent to the camp.Now totally out of touch from the family’s contact.

Next Morning,an official recognised Fahim,secretivly told him about the funeral of his uncle,been done immediately after the take over of the Taliban Government.Taliban Government didn’t hurdle and given the permission for the open funeral ceremony.In spite of all,his grandfather and his father are dissappeared,No body knows their destination.Ladies are safe in their homes.

Luckily,Fahim had a small mobile phone,on silent mode.When he picked up it flashed his father’s call, talked to his father,they safely reached to Peshawar.

Now ,Fahim was contented. 

They were scared of the new Taliban Government.Taliban Government showed kindness to every body and proclaimed Amnesty through out Afghanistan.It was a glamorous gesture shown by the Newly Government.

Kabul is about six hundred kilometres or five hours drive from Peshawar by bus,if you travel by car it would take less time.

,They were scared ,the government has been,indeed toppled.The dethroned prime Minister and his cabinet existed safe ...,Taliban Government taken the care of the government.Chaos created in whole Afghanistan.American Forces winded up.Indian officials fled to their country.Great blood shed expected soon.

Now, a great turn came in the life of Fahim.He intending to go back to Peshawar,now It was of no use to ahead to Kabul.All the transport stand still .Petrol pumps got sealed.Air ports showing closer boards.Some Donkey carts holders offered their services.As he sat in the cart,a soldier held him.He became scared and tight.”You are wanted”.Soldier held him tight and they headed towards the barracks.As they entered the office of the Army officer,he looked at him and asked”Are you Nasrullah Ahmad's son of Peshawar”.”yes sir,”Fahim dreadly answered.”Let him go"the officer ordered.”where are they taking me! Fahim mind flashed.

A gigantic American Aircraft appeared grounding.The Air craft seemed seatless,the big chamber of the craft filled with Afghan civilians wanted to proceed to American land.

No passport,No visa,No Ticket ,Fahim flown to America.He had only Thirty dollars in his pocket.Day before he phoned and what’s apped his family and friends,he is quite safe and happy there in a hotel in Washington D.C. nevertheless ,dearly missing Rima.

The End.

"Let him Go".



August 23, 2021 13:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

19:56 Aug 23, 2021

Recently taken place,a true story.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.