5 comments

Drama Friendship Middle School

Authors note: to everyone who feels, or has been told you aren’t enough, well, Ikm here to tell you that you are enough, don’t let anyone change you, you are you and that’s all that matters. I am very aware that this story has nothing to do with the topic, this is just something I have been wanting to write for a while now, and so far no topics have fitted it so I just decided to go for it and write this story. I hop you like it!

Chapter one-Hazel

Daddy!?” A scared seven year old me screamed, I was running around dodging furniture that had been lit on fire, “DADDY!?” I screamed once more, louder, tears streaming down my checks, then, at that moment, I saw what no kid wants to see, I saw my dad, on the ground, clothes on fire, face all burnt and black, it seemed like he was bleeding everywhere, all I wanted to do eight then was just curl up next to him and die, I looked up to see a women running towards me, it was my mom, she swooped me up and ran towards the nearest exit, I hung on to her, scared, sad, shocked, when we got outside she set me down,

“But what about daddy?” I said, crying even more than before, of course I knew he was dead, I just didn’t want to believe it.

“Honey, he’s gone...”

I woke up sweaty, panting, scared, I looked the calendar hanging on my wall to see that it was November 2nd, the fifth year anniversary of my dad’s death, he died in a terrible fire, me and my mom survived, of course this is why I had that dream, why was I surprised? Except, this dream was more like a vision of the past, because in that dream was exactly what happened five years ago, it was the day I lost my house, the day me and my mom became homeless luckily, my mom’s best friend from high school let us live with her until we got back on our feet again, that was also the night when Ryan Baker, became my best friend.

My mom and I moved into a small apartment, about 9 months after living with Ryan and his mom. It isn’t the best apartment, but still nice. It has two bedrooms, one master and one regular sized bedroom you might find in any other apartment, it had one bathroom, the kitchen and the dining room are in the same room, and the living room is also pretty small, it’s nothing compared to the house we used to live in before my dad died, of course my dad was rich, we lived in a mansion, but like I said it burned down, I miss that house, I also miss my old life, the life where we could afford things, right now we’re poor, my mom can’t afford to send me off to dance classes like she used to, I started dance when I was 2, but I stopped when my mom could no longer afford it, which was about four and a half years ago. I still love dance, and do it in my free time, out in the woods, behind our apartment building, my favorite is probably Lyrical or Hip hop, I can’t decide. I also used to do gymnastics and tumbling but that also stopped... although along with dance I still do it when I have time.

I try my best to be perfect, but I guess I can’t manage to make it happen, I don’t have good grades, I have a hard time making friends, I can’t seem to do anything right, except dance and gymnastic, Ryan seems perfect, I don’t know how he does it. He’s good at a lot of things, he makes friends like a piece of cake, he has a perfect life with perfect parents, and I don’t think he ever gets in trouble. Oh and Annabella is also perfect, she has perfect grades, all the teachers love her, the only down about her is that she’s a know-it-all. The most perfect person of all is definitely Tiffany Mathews, her perfect hair, she also has perfect grades, she’s friends with all the cool and popular people, has perfect teeth, and everyone bows down to her like they’re her queen, almost the whole school wishes they were her.

So, how’d you like it so far? I know it’s not the best, but I’m not the best writer. Anyways, I will post a chapter at least once a week, next week I’m gonna do Ryan’s story, then Annabella’s then Tiffany‘s and I’m just gonna keep respecting it over and over again, until it ends. It won’t just be about them talking about how perfect everyone’s is, that’s just the first four chapters so then you can know they’re back story and how they struggle with life, and I know that in this chapter there isn’t much drama, but there will be in the future, sorry I made this such a long out-tro, bye! Oh and I don’t have 1,00 words yet so ima just keep saying hi like I usually do.

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

November 22, 2020 00:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Bailey D.
05:21 Nov 22, 2020

Hi, Cadence! This was a great story! I really enjoyed reading it. You were able to build up her emotion in such a short story and I applaud you for that. -Bailey/Brooke P.S. If you didn't already see, my main account is going to be inactive for a while.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lauren :)
19:09 Dec 13, 2020

Oh my gosh! I LOVE it! Great job! Keep writing! ~Lo 💙

Reply

Show 0 replies
12:26 Dec 14, 2020

You did an awesome job with this, Cadence! I could feel her emotions throughout. Great job! -Brooke D. <3

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
02:41 Feb 09, 2021

Thank You!

Reply

23:48 Feb 10, 2021

No prob, CJ!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.