0 comments

Adventure African American Christian

I have been so busy with work and Church activities I have not had time for myself. I am up for vacation and I came across a bargain trip to Hawaii, fun in the sun the add said.

I usually don't go any where for vacation and I felt I needed a change. I had been planning this for the past two years. Not taking any one with me. Husband, children, friends, just me myself and I.

Very excited and I hope all goes well with the trip. The man said this was the last place on this trip. A two bed suite is all they had and that is fine with me. As long as I was able to get on at the last minute.

I booked the trip a year ago so that I made sure I get the bargain price. Seem to good to be true but I knew I didn't have alot of money but I deserved to have time for me.

This year we got a huge bonus and that was my way of taking this vacation. Everyone had been pushing me to do this and it sounded wonderful.

I had never been to Hawaii and the brochure had all you can eat seafood, pools and I get do some much needed exercise. There is a gym and different activities.

Four days three nights. We get to get off the ship and site see on many of the islands. I was surprise many of the church members was happy to see me do this as well.

I am a work machine and we had projects that needed to get done and now I can breath a sigh of relief and enjoy every bit of this fun in the sun trip.

Much needed rest as well. Two beds and I can sleep in both of them when ever I choose. I am so excited. My family especially my husband.

Its tomorrow and I am off on my vacation. Lord take the wheel, I am praying for a peaceful vacation in Jesus name.

Before getting on board, I had to stop at the desk, only to be told that I had to share rooms with another passenger.

I knew it was to good to be true and I ask why I had to share rooms with this person. My heart sunk as they told me, the ship over booked and they had no other suites for people and they had to put people in the room together

Who is this person I have to share rooms with. The gentlemen is a well respected person, married with two children. I am a married woman and that is out of the question.

I am very disappointed, I booked this vacation over a year ago. Did you guys not know that this trip was full soon after that.

Why did you not inform me of this?.

There was know way of knowing from my side and because this was a bargain vacation at times these things happen.

I understand that but I can not share rooms with a man. Is there any way that someone will change with me.

I can check if I can switch you. I am very sorry that this have happened but it a situation that happens every now and then. Especially with these bargain vacation.

Ok. how long will this take, I am very upset at this time and you need to find a way to change this in a hurry

I will try everything to get this changed.

Wow, I was looking to have a quiet relaxing vacation and now I have to share rooms with a stranger. What am I suppose to do.

Do I ask for my money back or just suck it up and enjoy myself.

I planned this trip like forever and I am here to have fun

Ok, We were able to get you a room with a female guest and we want to apologize for everything.

Thank you so much I did not want to cancel this vacation. I have planned this for a long time and it might be fun hanging with someone.I got in contact with my family and told them what happened.

Of course with their concern they asked me would I be okay and am I alright with this.

I din't want to cancel the trip. I had planned this for so long and It was a deserved vacation.

Because it is a bargain package I can't get my money back. Now I know why it was such a bargain.

I have to make the best of it and I told my family I will be okay. Get back to you guys soon as I get more information.

I had been waiting for about an hour. I am glad I got here early. I took an early flight so if anything like this happen it would give me time.

I checked with the man in charge. We are trying everything we can and we will let you know soon, he said.

Walking around for a while, I enjoyed the many people who was waiting to go on board and they were having the same issue as i was.

Talking to a lady that was waiting, she was stating they told her the same thing. I felt a little better and we talked for a while and I felt that it might be alright.

At least I'l have someone to hang out with.

I checked back at the desk and they they were able to change the room arrangement.

I informed my family and I was just waiting to get on board.

In the back of my I was wondering who I was going to be sharing rooms with.

Hope they do not snore or get up early and come in late.

Talked to them once again and it was time to board. I was so excited and disappointed at the same time.

I am going to enjoy this despite the mix up.

Finally go to my room and to my surprise when I got to my room. I could not believe it.

It was the lady I was talking with who was trying to find out who she would be sharing room with.

Hi I said what an exciting attitude.

She seem nice taking with her and I am relived that it was a female and looks like the trip will be alright after all.

March 01, 2021 16:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.