Most boys are GOOD

Submitted into Contest #63 in response to: Write about two characters going apple picking.... view prompt

5 comments

High School Romance Teens & Young Adult

“Will you go for a romantic night to visit my family’s orchard with me?” I kept replaying it in my head. His deep sexy voice made me get butterflies in my stomach, I had to tell Sarah. I looked in my folder to find her schedule, “Okay, period 5 is free.” I whispered to myself. The day felt so long, I couldn’t contain my excitement, everyone said I needed to calm down. I was in fourth period, only one hour to go! “Ms. Allison Doyla, please see me in my office now!” My heart skipped a beat. I am a straight-a student, I have only missed a few days of school, what could possibly be wrong? I told myself. “Ah, Ms Doyla, so good to see you. Now let’s have a little chit-chat. So first of all, your probably wondering why you are here,” I nodded. “Well, if you knew your math test score it would make a bit more sense.” She handed me my paper. “D Minus! What? How? I am the best at math!” If my mom found out she would freak out. Then there would be no chance of my romantic date. 

The clock was ticking as Dr. Freepon studied my work. “Why do I have to do this now?” I asked the principal. “I have somewhere I need to be in 14 minutes and I don’t have time for this!” She stared at me in disbelief, as if I knew her thoughts. “Oh ok. Sure, what is it? Meet for a friend to gossip? Maybe go make out with the hot boy behind the tree? Huh? What is more important than this?” She sighed, “Listen, I will give you two options, you can either finish the test right now, your grade will hopefully be better, and we will call your mom and tell her how amazing of a job you did. Or you can go off and do your important task, get a D minus, have your mom come down, and possibly go to detention to do the test anyways but not get any points. So, what is it gonna be?” I rolled my eyes, I heard Dr. Freepon was strict, but they forgot to mention she had quite an attitude. “Fine, I will stay, it should only take me twenty more minutes.” I picked up my pencil and started writing. I found it hard to concentrate as I could feel Dr. Freepon’s laser like stare. “Ok, I’m done. This should be much better! Got to go! See ya!” I dashed out of her office and to the bench where Sarah and I always meet. 

I was running across the field when I tripped, all I could remember was blackness. I woke up in the nurse's office with Wyatt Ratch at the end of my bed. “Hey sleepy head.” Oh my gosh. Wyatt is here. Like right here. And I have a date with him tonight. I squealed, but it hurt. “We can go to the orchards another time if you want,” He leaned in and kissed my forehead, “Everything will be fine.” “No! It’s fine. I’m fine. We can definitely go tonight! But what happened? Why am I here?” He smiled and gazed into my eyes. “I was running over to you to talk about tonight, when your shoe came untied. You slipped and fell on your face. You had passed out so I brought you here. You have been laying here for over an hour.” I gasped. “An hour! What about your classes?” Wyatt chuckled, “I may or may not have told the nurses we were dating and you are so important to me and that I need to be here with you.” He paused. “Although I hope that will be one day.” The butterflies came again, I could not cancel our date. “Excuse me? When can I leave?” I need to tell Sarah, otherwise she’ll think I was hiding it. The nurses better let me go. “As long as you feel fine you may leave.” I nodded and sat up. Whoa, head rush. “Thanks for helping me Wyatt!” We both got off of the bed and went out the door. 

“Listen Wyatt, I need to go meet Sarah, I was supposed to meet her over thirty minutes ago!” I hugged him and walked to my bench, and there was a note. It read,

“You weren't here and I had to get to class, so I left. But if you come I am at Building 2’s tech lab.” 

I sighed, although I didn’t want to go all the way from building 5 to building 2, Sarah is the type of person that if you don’t tell her something important the day it happens, she will want revenge. I speed walked through the building and finally made it to tech lab. “Sarah! Come here!” She hustled over. “Guess who has a date with Wyatt Ratch!” She gasped, “Oh. My. Gosh! The hot Wyatt right?” I nodded, “Yea that’s him. He said he is going to take me to his family’s orchard. I think it has like apple trees and orange trees and stuff. I’m glad it’s fall though because you know I love apples!” I smiled. “Anyways got to run! Bye Sarah!” School was almost over. I had one more hour, but it was history, and I hate history.

 “Hey cutie.” It was Wyatt, I forgot we had 7th period together. “So do you want to go on our date after school? Or closer to 6?” Mrs. Paffergen walked in before I could answer. “Sit down! Now! Good class!” I pulled out my phone and texted Wyatt. 

Let me ask my mom if she needs me after school. If not then after school works!😁💋

I hoped the lips weren’t too much. Oooh! He’s responding! I chuckled “Ms Doyla? Is there something distracting you? How bout you share?” I rolled my eyes and responded “Sorry Mrs. Paffergen, I just thought about a meme I saw earlier.” I couldn’t believe I just lied to my teacher, I have never done that, but she accepted my response and continued teaching. *Vibrate* I looked at my phone. 

Sure. Just lmk 😘 

Kissy emoji! I had to text my mom. After tons of convincing, my mom finally let me go after school. After class I ran up to Wyatt. “Wyatt! My mom said yes!” He smiled then looked so deeply into my eyes, and he kissed me! A long romantic kiss. “Wow. That was amazing!” He said, then he grabbed my hand and ran out of the school. “Let’s go!” I stopped. “Thanks for the kiss.” I grinned. “Anytime!” We went to his car and drove about fifteen minutes. “Okay, here we are!” I gasped, it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. “Wow! It’s amazing! Can we go apple picking?” He nodded, and said “Yeah, my Grandma would love that!” I couldn’t help but think how cute he was. 

“Let’s go!” He yelled among the trees, “I’m coming!” I responded! I stopped for a second to catch my breath, I looked up and Wyatt was gone. “Wyatt! Wyatt!” I shouted. I sprinted between the trees frantically looking for him, when suddenly I was yanked behind a tree. He stood right before me, shirt off, barefoot, and a table for two. “Oh my gosh! You did all of this?” I was in awe, this was the start of a very special night. “All of it except for me, that was all my parents.” I giggled. “So for our appetizer we have mozzarella sticks!” I took a bite, it melted in my mouth, “That. That was delicious!” I exclaimed. “Good! So before we eat dinner, do you want to go apple picking?” I nodded, then ran up to the first tree I saw. It was a perfect climbing tree. “Can we climb it?” I asked Wyatt , he smiled and nodded. We sat up in that tree for hours, eating so many apples I can’t even count. 

“Hey, so do you want to go to the tree house? We have it all lit up and decorated and stuff.” I There was a tree house??? I thought. “Yes please!” We went to the tree house and it was breathtaking. So many pictures and lights strung along it. “Wow! It’s beautiful!” I sighed. “You're beautiful.” He looked me in the eyes and kissed me. It felt like heaven, his lips tasted like candy. And his body, so warm and comforting against mine. I couldn’t believe that it was happening. I was making out with the hottest, most sweetest guy from school. 

The next day, every single popular girl was asking how I had done it. How I had gotten the boy. And I told them to just be themselves, and as expected, they rolled their eyes, and walked away. A hand had set on my shoulder, “So. About last night, would you want to do it again some time?” I spun around and said “Of course!” But it wasn’t Wyatt, I didn’t know who or why, but a masked man was standing in front of me. I didn’t run but I stayed alert. He tried to grab me, but Wyatt came running down the hall and punched him. 

THE END

I made a part two, but I’m not going to give it away. Sorry!

October 16, 2020 02:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Lina Oz
00:14 Oct 22, 2020

Critique Circle Great story! That ending was certainly a twist; I'm looking forward to reading what happened. Because I try and do a thorough job with the "critique circle" emails, the following notes might seem a bit long; most of them just have to do with "cleaning up" your story mechanically and grammatically. My notes: Overall, there are several places that need a closer look at grammar. I would recommend to take a look at the Grammarly website or peruse some resources online that detail how to properly use punctuation, part...

Reply

Adyson Jacobs
00:20 Oct 22, 2020

Ok! Thank you for the recommendations! I will try grammerly! Thanks again!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Julia Boddie
18:30 Oct 20, 2020

Great story! I loved it!

Reply

Adyson Jacobs
21:24 Oct 21, 2020

Thanks Julia!

Reply

Julia Boddie
22:09 Oct 21, 2020

No problem!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.