0 comments

Adventure Romance

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨I am going to miss this place so much, do we have to leave Mom?

Yes, sweetie, we do your Dad clearly doesn't want us here. My parents have been married for 20 years, they were high school sweethearts. Now all of that is changing because Dad has another mistress along with Mom. I'm fifteen and I have never left Saint Lucia before and I'm really nervous.

Where are we moving to again, Mom? I asked.

We are moving to Boston! Mom said.

But I don't want to leave Mom. I said.

We have had this conversation before Casey you're going. When your eighteen you can come back to live with Dad if you want?

Okay? Mom said

Okay. I said.

Now go finish packing because I got to pick up some paperwork at the office and I'll call you in a little bit. Okay? My Mom said.

Okay. I said.

My Mom left the house about 5 minutes later so I went up to My room to finish packing and I closed the door behind Me. I don't even have that much to pack anyway. So I just Laid down on My bed and started to daydream. That is when I heard something being thrown at My bedroom window. I got up to go see prepared to unleash some anger thinking that it was My Dad but it wasn't. I was Richard My best since kindergarten. We tried going out when we were freshmen but it didn't work out so we decided we are better as friends and right now he looks mad at me.

When the heck were you going to tell me that you're leaving? Richard said.

I'm sorry I was going to tell you eventually maybe after I left. I said.

Whoa after you left! I'm your best friend and you were going to wait to tell me. Richard said

Well... You mean the most important to me so yes obviously I'm going to save the best for last. I said

Here come on up and I'll let you have some of My cookies. I said.

Okay. Richard got into My room and gave me a very awkward hug.

There now are you less mad at me? I said.

No! Richard said.

Why? I was going to tell you I just never got the words out. I said

Trust me I don't want to go I want to stay here and continue My life instead of having to start fresh. I said.

So you want to stay here with your Dad and his girlfriend? Richard said.

No! I meant I want to stay here in Saint Lucia. I said.

And where exactly would you live? Richard said.

I would ask you if I could live with you? I said.

That made Richard blush sometimes I think He still has feelings for me and sometimes I do too.

You would stay with me? Richard said.

If it was okay with Mom of course. I said.

You know it would be My Mom LOVES YOU! Richard said.

I was laying My head on his lap and our eyes met and He smiled down at me. What I said. Nothing I'm really going to miss you. Richard said.

I'm going to miss you too. I said. When I looked into those hazel eyes I saw My future with him and I really wanted it. He leaned down so he could look into My eyes and I could feel the heat coming off of him. My eyes fluttered shut and the next thing I knew was he was kissing me. I knew I should've pushed him away but I couldn't it too incredibly good. This was the first that Richard and I have had in a while. I can't remember the last he kissed me like that. I finally pulled away with a smile on my face. I'm sorry I had to do that at least one more time. Richard said.

It's okay, I enjoyed that kiss. I said. Hey, I have an idea. Richard said.

What is it? I asked. What if I went with you to Boston? Richard said.

I don't know about that. I said. I can spend the summer there with you and then I come back here for school. Richard said.

As much as I wanted to get up and dance and cheer that he would go with me I just didn't know about it but then I thought about it deeply that My head started hurting. Do you really think your Mom would let you do that? I said. Of Course. Richard said. Then We can come back here for college because My mom said when I turn eighteen can come back here and live with My Dad if I wanted to. I said. Let's do it then. Richard said and he picked me up and gave me a hug. The only reason he let me go was that My phone rang. It was My Mom. Hi, Mom what's up. I said. You sound happier than you were this morning everything okay. She asked. Yeah, everything is great. I said. Did you finish packing Casey? She asked. I'm almost done. I said. Mom, I have some really big news. I said.

What is it tell me? She asked. Me and Richard are back together. I said. How is that good news We are leaving Saint Lucia in two days? she said. It's good news because he is going to spend the summer with us in Boston and come back to Saint Lucia for school. I said. Oh, honey that is great. She said. I always knew you two would end up back together. She said. From the looks of it, Boston isn't going to be bad after all. Casey said. The future looks sweet for you honey. Mom said. Two days went by fast My Dad tried to convince Me to stay that I would love his new wife but I've met her before and I didn't like her. The day finally arrived it was hard to say goodbye to all of My friends and family but I know I would see them again soon. We arrived in Boston two days later. It was rainy that but I was okay with that because I finally got to meet My grandparents and they were so sweet and they met Richard and they loved him. I was really sad to leave Saint Lucia, but I think I'm really going to like Boston








March 01, 2021 14:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.