0 comments

Holiday

The Paton was a city with population of 1lakh people. The river Satan passes through the city. It was all weather river so full of water whole of the year. The city Paton was surrounded by beautiful peaks of mountains Shivaliks. Almost whole of the year they wear white snow layer. These mountains had devdar trees, medicinal plants, bushes, flowers and fruits. These mountains were inhabited by tribals. They take care of these mountains because their entire livelihood depended on these. They make food from flowers and fruits present on the mountains. And when fell ill were treated by local Ojha from the medicines made from the vegitation present their. So to protect mountains was mutual interest, they protected the mountains and mountains served them. They also worshipped these mountains and consider them like God. These tribal people had total democratic system with tribal laws to run their day to day lives. Their was total faith in these tribals on one another and their prevailed complete honesty. So tribals never use to lock their houses whenever they were away from their homes. The richness of culture of tribals was appreciated in whole of the city.

There was an old building call Victoria house at the outskirts of the city. The graveyard lies by the side of this building. Whole of the cities dead are cramated their. The properitor of the building was living somewhere outside at faraway place. He hardly use to visit this building. It was managed by one of the reputed families of the city. Some called a very fast friend of the properitor. This friend suggested to the proprietor that as I am alone and getting older, I am finding very hard to look after your building, therefore I had a suggestion for you, if you want I can tell you. The proprietor became curious and said, yes why not, tell me.

He said that this building is empty, it costs lot to you to maintain it, after that you don't get anything. I think you should convert into a hotel. This way two purposes will be solved, one you building will be properly maintained and their will always be somebody staying than providing you money which you can use for maintenance etc. This idea given by his friend struck with the proprietor and he said how to make the beginning. Than his friend said let us first name it. So big search was done. Even Google's help was taken, but both were not convinced on any name. Ultimately it was found that everyone knows it by its original name Victoria, so why not name it Victoria Hotels. So both agreed and the name Victoria was launched. The whole building was renovated, reception was made, the advertisement was done on local newspapers, magazines and all the TV and FM channels. Atlast hotel started running and proprietor being fortunate man it stated making money soon. The tourists were coming, staying and enjoying the scenic beauty of the surroundings and tribal culture. Slowly and slowly the people became known of the medicinal values of the tribal Ojha and people start visiting him. The patients start coming from far flung areas to get treated through tribal medicines by Ojha. The whosoever will come, will stay in Victoria, because it was near by the tribals inhabitats. And Smart taxi use to be available on call. This Smart taxi use to be driverless. You just have to fill up your destination and it will automatically take you to that point. So even people who don't know how to drive found it comfortable.

Their was a room no 111 in Victoria hotel, it was best and costliest suite in the hotel. Once a Royal family of Swan stayed their. Unfortunately head of the royal family was murdered their. The condition of the deadbody was so bad that it was decided to bury him near by graveyard. And it was found that whosoever use to stay in room no 111 after that felt that King use to visit him every night, and ask him,to come along. These incidents spread like wildfire throughout the city. Now everyone is scary to stay in room no 111. Whosoever will come demand any room but room no 111. Than proprietor discussed the matter with his all acquaintances. But everyone fail to suggest anything worthwhile.

Ultimately it was decided to meet tribal doctor Ojha. And than he told that King's spirit might be wandering their. Because he died untimely. Than proprietor asked, how to get rid of this spirit. He said spray the water of river Satan on whole of the Victoria hotels. Because it is presumed that this river Satan originally when planet earth was born use to came from heaven's. So if you will spray this holy water of river Satan it will purifiy the whole hotel Victoria and the moment King's spirit will enter this hotel it will get acquaited and will be released to its final destination heaven's. So it was done and now the spirit of the king never came back to the room no 111. And now again this most costliest suite started getting fresh bookings and Victoria again got its pride of the place in the city

October 30, 2019 06:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.