2 comments

General

Once upon a time, there was a girl called Charlotte and she was 8 years old. She lived in Los Angeles. One day at night, Charlotte could not sleep so she closed her eyes and opened her eyes then she suddenly disappeared with her fish.


Then she saw the world that was pink, Trees were pink, Grass was pink everything was pink. She thought that she was dreaming but she wasn’t so she plucked a flower and kept it inside her pocket.She saw that water near her was in pink color also so she was thirsty so thought to drink some water. Then she saw her fish was coming out of water and also was having small little legs. Charlotte was so surprised and then her fish suddenly saw Charlotte. The fish asked, “What are you doing here?” then Charlotte asked, “You can talk!” surprisingly.


“In this world every animal that’s a pet can come here and do whatever they want to do, like me many types of fishes can get legs and walk on the land and also breathe.”


Then Charlotte saw that a pony got small in the size of a cat and was saying “meow”. They saw a lizard was turning into a dinosaur but in the size of a dog. There was a frog that was turning into a lion. They saw that there were many animals turning into different imaginary animals. Charlotte was so surprised so she asked, “Am I dreaming? Is this so real? I can’t believe it. OMG i am going to tell it to my friends. ” The fish told, “This is real but humans are not allowed here. If you come here and then go back you will tell to your friends and this place cannot be a secret anymore. That’s why we don’t allow humans here. Please don’t tell it to your friends or else everyone would come and discover and they would destroy it.” Charlotte said,” Okay fine I won’t tell anyone but I want to go back!” The fish told, “There is only one way to go but you have to wait for it” “What’s the way to go home?” asked Charlotte. The fish said, “You have to wait till the morning. Oh it’s almost time. Just five more minutes but before going you have to say some magical words so that you can forget this place”. Charlotte said, “I don’t want to forget this place”


The magical words were, “MAGICAL IS THIS PLACE, CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE ME BACK HOME ” Then Charlotte said those words and reached back home. She was in her bed and thought that she was dreaming but looked at her fish , the fish told, “ One minute is left for the morning, Remember Charlotte you will forget” Charlotte thought that it was really a dream but when she saw her fish, the fish winked her eye then Charlotte thought that that it wasn’t a dream, It was REALITY.


The next night Charlotte suddenly disappeared again she had the flower with her then the fish came out again from the water and asked, " What are you doing here again?" Charlotte said, " I don't know I thought i was in my bed but i disappeared again and came back" The fish said, " But how did you come back let me check the rule book" the fish asked" did you drink some water of this place and if you did then you will come back every night " Charlotte said " yes I did " the fish said " or did you take anything from here?" Charlotte said, " I drank some water and also took a flower from here. Oh! something itching me in my pocket" Then Charlotte took out the flower from her pocket. The fish told, " Oh it is the itchy flower. You should never take it. There is only one way to make you feel better. Come with me. I will take you to a fairies village in another island." Charlotte could not stop her itching it was out of her control. She had started getting rashes in her body and she could not even walk properly.


Then they traveled in a boat to the fairies island. They reached the fairy island and saw many fairies. They saw also a fairy that was crying and also saw that she had no wings. Then they asked the fairy, "Hey are you okay?I am Charlotte and this is my fish we came from the pink island" Then the fairy stopped crying and said, "I don't have wings but still i am a fairy and everyone also teases me. I need to help someone so that i can get my wings back but there is no one to help." Then Charlotte said, " I need help" Then the fairy was so happy and asked, "What can i do for you" The fish told the fairy," Charlotte has plucked the itchy flower" The fairy said, "Oh no! Now you have to search for the reverse flower that is in the mountains of this island. Come on I will take you there. Then the fairy used her wand to take them to the mountains.


They reached the mountains. The mountains were warm and cold at the same time on different sides of the mountains. They were near flowers but there was a gate and a riddle. The riddle was, "What is just like us, but it disappears in the night?" The fish said," It is the shadow!!!!" and the gate opened and they reached inside and took one flower. Then suddenly Charlotte fainted. The fish told," Oh no! she will sleep forever if she doesn't smell the flower." The fish took the flower and made her smell it. Charlotte was feeling better. Now it was almost about to be the morning. Then the fairy used her wand and took them back to the pink island. The fairy got her wings and the fish and Charlotte reached home and lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER and Charlotte never went to that place again.


THE END

                                                                  WRITTEN BY: Aditi Sriram

AGE: 10 years old

May 13, 2020 13:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tim Law
02:49 May 22, 2020

Well done Aditi... What a vivid imagination you have. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:49 May 20, 2020

Dear Aditi, I loved reading your story. My favourite part was the animals turning into other animals. You have an incredible imagination! After reading this story, I was wondering what Charlotte felt like after she left the magic place. Did she miss it? Did she ever wish she could go back again? I always love stories about magic, and sometimes the hardest part to write is what happens when you have to come back to real life where there is no magic. But that can be the best part too. Thanks for your story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.