He has always been terrible in playing "True or Dare"

Written in response to: Write about a game of ‘truth or dare’ that goes horribly wrong.... view prompt

2 comments

Adventure Coming of Age Friendship

He has always been terrible in play “Truth or Dare”.

He doesn’t want to tell the truth to everyone that, he is an authentic beauty, so he decided to cover himself with humility in all means. Ever since he was born, he has always been the cutest baby in the town. Remember he looked at his grandfather while dressed up in his little costume, his smile could melt everyone’s heart. He has always been a very smart kid, he learned his engineering and mechanics from his farmer parents, and then afterward, with his passion and love with nature, he succeeded in his science classes and got into the dentistry school for university. From there, he joined the Army and became a very successful Army Officer until his retirement. He never thought that he was pretty. Each time I asked him, “Did you have any idea how cool you were in the Army?” He always smiles and says, “No, my Army is full of men, I didn’t want them to think I am pretty, that would be a disaster.” He has always been very humorous and funny, and these beautiful characteristics are what make him so charming and interesting.

He doesn’t want to tell the truth to everyone that, he is genuinely smart, so he keeps studying and studying, keeps improving and making himself better, so he could excel in being an Army Officer, be responsible for his buddies and soldiers. He has always been very diligent leader in the Army. During the breaks between battles, he always carried a small book in his pocket, so he could read them during the break. He never surrenders to situations where nothing seemed to be alive, and everything seemed so hopeless. He could always find some light and hope in something desperate. He never stopped studying in the Army. He climbed from a young cadet all the way to an Army leader at a very young age. He managed to get the pilot license and be the person who can drive airplanes and tanks to go to work in the battlefield. He made so many boys’ dream came true. He never thought himself as a smart boy, as he always thinks that the definition of a genius, it is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration. He thinks that any one can do anything if he or she put his or her mind into the task and really act in doing it. He made this true by his own glories and victories in the battlefield and taught it to his students. He even became a professor in the local community college where he taught computer science. He sometimes taught these students how to build a radio which he built at the age of 12. Sometimes he would teach them how to build a computer when he was in the Army. Sometimes he would have to study more and research more interesting computer science knowledge for his lectures. “I didn’t want to stay back in time mourning about my ignorance,” he always says. Yes, he is a Man never want to stay in the past and keeps moving forward. He has always been a great Man with incredible courage and passion for what he loves. He is a Man with a lot of truth and love.

He doesn’t want to tell the truth to everyone that, he is such a lovely Angel God created to save the world. He has always been an Anglican since he was born. He went to church every Sunday for messes and volunteered in the field and village for the poor and vulnerable. He has always been a very positive little boy who could brighten up people’s life to a new high level. His smile has always been like a sunflower, scented and happy, taking all the sunlight and give it back to people. Not to mention how many civilians he saved during his time in the Army, he volunteered in the Humane Society to save abandoned cats and dogs. Every Tuesday and Thursday, he would go to local homes to pick up toys from charity houses, and then deliver all the toys for the dogs and cats. He is always loved by the dogs and cats he rescued but he never left his name to unnecessary places. He is an unsung Hero who stayed humble and quiet, and a giver who sacrifice for other’s happiness. He is such a great Man with the kindest heart. This lovely Angel even saved me when I was struggling with life. When I first met this Man, it is when I was in college messing up with my academic life but didn’t have the courage to go back home to see my parents that I failed my school. This Angel, showed up to me like a kind and gentle grandfather, who taught me that, never giving up and always standing up for failures are the best virtues God gifted to human. Be optimistic and never give up, is the key to a good leadership, and to be a good leader for yourself and for the others. I have always remembered his words in my heart. He is such a wise Man knowing everything. I wish I could be as strong as him like a tough soldier; I wish I could be as smart as him like a Genius; I wish I could be as kind as him like a philanthropist; I wish I could be as forgiving as him like a Savior. He has always been the Hero of my life but he never wants to be famous. He camouflaged himself as a local businessman in the city, keeps brightening everyone’s life with his authentic and sincere smile while no one appears to know that this was a Man who once fought in the battle and defeated the terrorists in the worst situations. He is such an adorable Angel God created for the salvation of the world.

He has always been so terrible in play “True or Dare”. 

August 16, 2021 01:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Keya J.
12:42 Aug 16, 2021

Hello Xinlan! It's a very motivating story telling you if you want you can do anything. Nice Job. Here are some suggestions that might help you in your future stories. 1) He has always been terrible in play “Truth or Dare”. Play should be playing as we are talking in past perfect continuous. 2) Avoid the use of 'sometimes' 3) Proofread your work 4) At some point, I felt the story go irrelevant to the prompt as it is said, A truth or dare that goes horribly wrong. 5) Frankly speaking, a twisty plot or adding something unexpected, gr...

Reply

Muffin Hill
17:08 Aug 16, 2021

Thank you for your comment! This is a careful reading for me thanks! This story is about a real Man who has an important place in my life, so this is actually a non-fiction story. But I would keep your points in mind that I should make it seem more interesting. I just found writing down these stories I could embrace this Man's existence better. Anyway, Thank you for reading it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.