0 comments

Drama Teens & Young Adult Romance

Namjun was a high school teacher. It wasn't his favorite job. The children were usually disrespectful and the job didn't pay much. It didn't help that he was probably a descendant of the God of destruction. He broke and ruined everything he touched. In fact, it was about a year ago that he had almost burnt down his friends bakery while trying to bake.

He was calling roll call right now but he would be somewhat pleasantly surprised later into his lesson.

"Ty! Get off of your phone. We're in the middle of a lesson! Do you want me to take it away?" Namjun said.

"No, Mr. Kim. You'd break it." Ty said. The whole class laughed.

"Did you hear anything I just taught you?"

"Yeah."

"What were we learning about?"

"Um. Equations."

"What kind?"

"How should I know. I'll never use it in the future. You're just wasting my brain power!"

"I don't know if you've got enough to waste." The whole class now laughed at Ty. 

Ty was going to continue his words but the door o the classroom walked in and two tall, serious looking men walked in. Both had the stereotypical black suit and sunglasses like a body guard. The whole entire class was completely silent as they watched the two men walk up to their math teacher.

"Mr. Kim?" The taller man said. There was something more scary about him. He was extremely well built and his dark skin already gave him an edgy feeling.

"That's me. Do you need something?" Namjun asked. He wasn't too worried yet. He thought it was strange though. Two well dressed men randomly coming into a high school and addressing him? He couldn't remember doing anything to get himself into trouble.

"You're going to have to come with us." The black man said.

"I'm in the middle of teaching a class." He said. The shorter male held a paper out to him.

"We have your great uncles will and it's important we discuss it with you immediately." The class watched all of this like a movie. They thought that he was in trouble but now it didn't seem like he was in trouble but, this did look pretty serious.

"I could be fired if I leave now. Can't you wait until after?" Both men simply shook their heads. The one who hadn't spoken yet finally spoke.

"This is your last day. You can find a new job later but this will no longer be your job. Your great uncle had something better in mind for you."

Namjun was shocked and confused. He took the will out of the mans hand and looked at it for a moment. The first think that caught his eye was a number on the paper.

"$25,000,000? Who the heck is this guy? I don't even know a great uncle!"

"Well you're the nephew he's looking for so you'll have to come with us."

* * *

He couldn't believe he had hopped in a car with them. He had gathered a few things and followed them out. He didn't know it yet but he would never be going back to that school.

"Where are we going?"

"To the mansion." The dark skinned man said.

"Mansion? Actually. No. Of course this guy had a mansion. What's even going on?"

"Your great uncle died a month ago and he left you and one other person in his will. He seemed to have a great attachment to you two."

"Who's the other person?"

"You'll find that out later."

Namjun sighed but didn't speak again until the got inside the mansion.

"This place is huge!" He said as his voice echoed against the walls.

"It's a mansion." One of the men said. Namjun just laughed and then stopped when he saw a beautiful ceramic pot.He walked over to it and nearly touched it when the tall black man grabbed his hand.

"We've heard you have quite the reputation for breaking things so we'd appreciate it if you touched nothing." The man said as he slowly lowered Namjun's hand back to his body. Namjun nodded and moved away from the ceramic bowl but he kept his eyes on it for a while longer.

They finally made it through the entryway hall and went down a few more halls before Namjun made it to a room that he assumed was a study. The two men sat down on either of the eat s that were in front of the big desk and left Namjun standing.

"Where do you want me to sit?" He asked.

"Where do you think your great uncle would allow you to sit?" One of the men asked. Namjun took a second to think before answering.

"The floor? You know what? I can just stand."

"No. You'll sit on that chair." The darker skinned man pointed to the big chair at the desk. Namjun very carefully walked over and sat down in the chair. He could almost see the lonely dust particles pop up into the air.

"Your great uncle would like to leave you with $25,000,000, this mansion and a collection of orphanages. You will own the money alone but you will share the mansion and the orphanages with the other person on this will."

"Who's the other person?"

"I'm afraid we can only tell you her name but you will not be allowed to meet her until you agree to follow what your uncle has asked of you in the will."

"Is there something he asked me to do?"

"Just one thing. He's asked one thing of you and the woman to inherit all of this."

"What is it?"

"You two must marry."

"What? Marry ... each other? I don't even know this lady!"

"Your uncle knows her. According to him, she's quite lovely. He feels you two have something that you must fulfill together. So, if you want this mansion, the money and the orphanages then you will have to marry the girl. Your uncle said you'll have a week to think about it from the time you hear the news. It's the same for the woman. Her time has already been started. You can stay here for the time being."

"But, I don't KNOW this lady!"

"We can tell you her name and relation to your uncle but that is it."

"Fine."

"She is your uncle's best friend's grand-daughter. Her name is Melissa."

He sat there as both men got up and left the room. They had left the paper on the desk in front of him.

What should I do? He thought. I have no idea who this girl is! She could be creepy! She could be a serial murderer for all I know! But ... the money. And those orphanages! They're probably running. Wouldn't it be my job to take car of them? Maybe it'd be better if I sleep on it.

Namjun stood up and bumped into a woman on his way out of the room.

"I'm sorry sir. I was just coming in."

"No. I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Who are you?"

"I was one of your great uncle's workers. The lawyers sent me in to direct you to dinner and then to your room."

"Oh. Okay."

They started to walk through the halls.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"You can call me Sarah."

"That's a pretty name. Sarah. I like it." Namjun said as they reached the kitchen. He insisted she joined him and they ended up eating together. He learned that her family had been working in this place for generations. It payed good and they were treated well. They weren't even called servants. They were workers. Namjun liked that. It seems like his Uncle was a good man.

"This is your room." Sarah opened a door. Namjun's jaw dropped. It was huge. There was a king size bed against the back wall of the place. It had intricate designs on the backboard and it had deep, royal blue colored sheets. It was furnished with a lot of the same royal blue and then some gold.

"I think I'm gonna like it here." Namjun said. He walked in and immediately knocked over a vase which smashed as soon as it hit the floor. Sarah gasped.

"They told me about this. They said you were very clumsy." She started to pick pieces of the vase up in her hands and Namjun quickly stopped her.

"I broke it so I'll pick them up. I don't want you to get cut." He gently dumped what she had in her hand into his own and then continued to clean up. He managed to cut his finger, not once, not twice but three times before he had finished picking the pieces up.

"Let me at least help you clean up." Sarah said. She brought him into the large bathroom and washed his finger under warm water. She brought his finger up to her lips. "May I?"

"What are you gonna do?" Namjun asked.

"I've heard that the best way to make sure there are no infections is to suck some of the blood out of the wound." Sarah explained. Namjun nodded. He could see the logic in it. Sarah put his finger in her mouth and sucked hard on it for a moment before spitting the blood out into the sink.

"Do I taste that bad?" Namjun joked.

"No. I'm just not a vampire." She laughed. She repeated this to the two other fingers and then washed them again. She bandaged the fingers and headed out of the bedroom. "I hope you have a good first night here. If you need anything just call me. I can always hear you." Then she closed the door.

Namjun couldn't tell if he found that creepy or nice. He laid down in bed and thought. He already had an answer. He didn't need to sleep on it. He would marry this Melissa girl. She couldn't be that bad. He felt uncomfortable with this but everyone seemed so nice so he figured he could trust his great uncles judgement. He would help those kids at the orphanage and if the girl was that bad then he could just ignore her. Maybe they could divorce after a while. He'd have to read the conditions and see.

Before he fell asleep, he found himself thinking about Sarah. She was such a nice girl. He wondered what the rest of her family was like.

December 18, 2020 16:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.