2 comments

Fiction Romance Drama

The Man of My Dreams

By: Ireland Lorelei

            It was a beautiful sunny day. The sun was rising over the Gulf of Mexico. Lori set out on her deck of her ocean home watching the people out exercising. That’s when she saw him, a gorgeous man with a chiseled body that would make any woman loose her mind. As he ran down the beach, she thought what it would be like to meet this man. She immediately went out on the beach in hopes that he would have to come back by to get to his end destination. She sat on a towel waiting for him to come back by in what seemed like forever.

            All of a sudden she felt a hand on her shoulder. As she stood up and turned around, there he stood. The sun beating off of his tan body making him look like a glowing god. She couldn’t believe it. He picked her up and toted her back to her house and up to the master bathroom. He sat her down on her feet as he cut on the shower and took off his clothes. Then he gracefully walked over to her and took off her clothes. She just looked into his eyes, neither of them saying a word. He then picked her up with her legs wrapped around his waist as he brought her with him into the shower. 

            As he leaned her up against the shower wall with the water flowing over her head they washed each other until he finally picked her back up again with her legs around his waist and kissed her passionately from her lips down to her beasts. She moaned with every stoke of his tongue on her nipples. He did this for several minutes before he pulled them out of the shower. Without even drying off he laid her down on the bed.

            What is that noise? She sat up in the bed realizing that the noise was her alarm. Rattled, she looked around the room, felt the other side of the bed. What had happened, did he leave? Then it hit her, she had been dreaming. It had felt so real.

            She got up, took a shower, then headed downstairs for a cup of coffee. She made a cup of coffee in the Keurig and put two pieces of wheat toast in the toaster. Once she had her breakfast in hand she headed out to the patio for her normal morning routine before starting her day. It was one of the great pleasures in being an author, she made her own hours.

            She sat outside for about an hour watching the sun as it rose across the Gulf bringing beautiful orange and yellow colors across the sky. As she sat she thought about her dream last night. She had no idea what it meant. Maybe it was telling her that she needed to find a date! Whatever the universe was trying to tell her, she could only imagine dating a man that made her feel the way that guy had in her dream had.

            She went through the rest of the day and the rest of the week doing her normal routine. She got up everyday, took a shower, had breakfast on the patio before coming inside to do any household choirs and then writing. Her evenings were spent usually in front of the TV with a glass of wine. It wasn’t until the following week that her normal changed. 

            She got a weird feeling that she needed to drop everything she was doing and go take a walk down the beach strip near all the shops. 

She hadn’t come down here in months because of her book deadline. She loved coming down here. It was always so peaceful even when it was crowded. About fifteen minutes into her journey, she was window shopping when someone almost knocked her down. 

            She felt a hand grab her arm to steady her from falling at the same time she heard a deep male voice say, “I am so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was walking.”

            She looked up saying, “That’s okay!” When her eyes focused in on him, she realized he. Looked familiar, but she wouldn’t say anything. She just smiled at him. He was at least 6’1”, nice dark tan, with deep blue eyes, blond hair, and some stubble on his chin. He was dressed in a pair of black dress slacks and a light blue button down shirt. She understood why he would be in a hurry it had to be about a hundred degrees outside.

            He was sill holding onto her arm, when he smiled and said, “Have we met? You look so familiar. And I know that probably sounds cheesy, but I am truly bang serious!”

            She laughed at his comment and replied, “You do look vaguely familiar, but I don’t recall meeting you. I am Lori Sanderlin.” she held out her hand to shake his. 

            “Wait, the Lori Sanderlin? The mystery author?” He asked and she shook her head yes. “I knew I recognized you! I am a huge fan!”

            “Well thank you! It is always good to meet a fan! Even if they tried to flattened me on the ground!” she laughed.

            “I am truly sorry and embarrassed about that. Can I take you to dinner tonight to apologize?” he asked.

            “Well I would feel a little better about allowing you to take me to dinner if I knew your name!” she replied.

            “Now I am even more embarrassed! But to my defense it is not every day that I meet one of my favorite authors! I am Ryan Shepard and I am the CEO of Shepard Logistics.” he said with the most impressive smile she had ever seen. 

            “Well Ryan, it is nice to meet you.” She replied as she realized that he was the guy from her dream last week. This has to be a sign she thought as she continued, “I would love to go to dinner.”

            “Great! I can pick you up or meet at Charlie’s Steakhouse at 7 o’clock. Whichever you prefer. ” he said.

            She thought about her dream and decide to reply with, “What is your phone number and I will text you my address?”

            He gave her his number and they said their goodbyes. As she walked back to her car, all she could think about was if tonight would end up anything like her dream!

            At 6 o’clock, Lori was ready and sitting downstairs. She had butterflies in her stomach and felt like she was in high school going out on her very first boyfriend where she knew it could led to them having sex. Of course this wasn’t one of those situations no matter what her dream was about. She just met this man a few hours ago.

            Ryan was right on time. He arrived at her house at 6:55pm. When she opened he door for him, she swore that her hormones jumped! He looked like a model off of GQ Magazine. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a polo shirt. 

            When Lori opened the door she took Ryas’s breath away. She had on a pink summer dress that hung just below her knees, with a pair of of four inch heels that had her standing almost to his shoulder. If he had to guess she was probably about 5’3” without them.

            “Wow, you look beautiful,” he said. 

            “Well thank you, you don’t look bad yourself!” she replied.

            They went through the rest of the night realizing that they had a lot in common. They both realized that their chemistry was undeniable. When they got back to her house, she invited him in that’s when she truly knew that he was the man of her dreams, in more ways than one!

July 20, 2021 18:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Lee Jay
22:35 Jul 28, 2021

What a steamy dreamy erotic tale that was! It's difficult with a sex scene to keep it classy, but you managed to keep it intriguing without being salacious. I love how you chose to end it: it was left to the reader's imagination. Watch out for little typos and comma splices. You'll catch them if you read it over I'm sure. Great work!! You made my afternoon more exciting. Check out my latest story if you feel like :) cheers!

Reply

Tanya Smith
15:11 Jul 29, 2021

Thank you so much! I am glad you liked it. I will watch for the typos and comma splices going forward.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.