2 comments

Coming of Age Contemporary Friendship

She always thought she understood this world so well.

Ever since she was born, she is a girl with a Virgo sign, which is a symbol of perfectionism. She had always wanted everything to be perfect, and she had two bigger brothers and a pair of parents who love her dearly, which made her felt like being a Princess in the family. When her parents took her to different places to travel, she would complain about local food, local hotels and local services; when her brothers didn’t buy things that she liked, she would complain that she would only want those things or she wouldn’t eat; when neighbours were giving her presents for her birthday, she would complain that those presents were not well gifted and cheap. She seemed like having an issue of appreciating other things from the others, but she didn’t realize this. She often complains that this is because she couldn’t find something that fits her sight.  She gradually became introverted, and only talked to her books, and dreaming one day she would find something that could brightens up her days. She engaged in entertainment shows where actors and actresses were dressed up in fancy clothes, crazy makeups and high heels; she went to nature to look for authentic animals in the woods and seas; she explored the museum to see if she could find something from the ancient could stir up her interest, and to tell her the definition of true beauty.

And finally, and fortunately, she did.

There comes her Angel. A very beautiful Angel, who has the silkiest hair on his body, the warmest tone of voice from his alluring lips, the bluest eyes above that straight nose, and softest and smoothest skin, and that wrinkleless face. By the time she met him, she realized that all her life in the past, seems like a lie God made to her.

This Angel seems too unreal to be real as well. He has a body of all the best virtues, best physique and the best intelligence.

It is his courage, that makes him a very cool Man in her eyes. During the time when the news about Taliban’s raging in Afghanistan, it reminded her the moment this Hero sacrificed his time and utilizing his intelligence in saving lives in the foreign country. He has always been a great and tough soldier, who always keeps himself fit and ready to fight. He has always had ambitions and goals in his life and always keeps his life busy. In his eyes, he never thinks of backing out and never be afraid of strange situations. She remembers when they were first met, she was a very disobedient girl who she thought she was the Princess of the Nation, she didn’t respect anyone and was considered as a troublemaker somehow. However, this beautiful Angel never considered she could be a thread to him but very patiently guided her to the right path. They were met when the girl was still very young in life and a freshman to the society, he has always been so patient to her thought she was like this because she didn’t have a direction in life. He then told her, just use whatever God gifted you and move forward. “Forward is always the only direction in life”, he always repeats this to her. He has always her role model to her. He is such a brave and smart soldier who is not afraid of anything even death.

It is his empathy, that makes him an adorable loving Man. He is very popular in the city he lives. He is a very active politician in the city, but he never brags about his role and he always thought that this is just a normal citizen would do for his city. He loves being a giver, always, and he likes helping people or animals who are in need. Despite his busy life, he had the time to volunteer in the Humane Society for vulnerable animals which don’t have a home or been abused by their owners. He always thinks that, if he could enjoy his life so well, so can others. When she met him, she was a desperate girl who didn’t know what to do with her life. She was giving up on herself with gluttony, alcohol and different drugs. She didn’t even know how to survive in this world anymore. She became depressed when she was struggling with school, and she wanted to give up her education as well. Luckily, her Angel found her, and taught all the survival tactics in order to have a good life. She started to become optimistic by this positive attitude in life and she was charmed by his intelligence who seems knowing everything. He is such a wise Man and a Man with a lot of love to give. She thought she was so damaged and no one would ever get back to her, she thought she had done so many terrible and silly things in life which she couldn’t even forgive herself, but her Angel did. He didn’t ask her too much about her past, but keep telling her that, what happened in the past doesn’t count, it doesn’t give her anything but regrets and guilts. Sometimes she felt sorry to bring down her Hero’s spirits as well who seems like never thought of negative things could happen in one’s mind. His adorableness and cuteness always melt her heart to the deepest level. He is intelligent and happy, and he taught her that the key to a successful leadership that he learned during his years in the Army, was that optimism and never giving up were the most important things in a leader. He had always been bringing her positive energy, and now she doesn’t see the world of black and white anymore, but a world with sunshine, brilliant lights, colorful hues, songs of birds, the swaying of breeze, and the floral scented air.

The moment she met him, she realized that, he is the true beauty she has always been looking for.

August 14, 2021 23:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Keya Jadav
04:20 Aug 15, 2021

It's a very optimistic story. When we are going through our darker days, we should know, there is an angel out there, and we should never give up. The story lacks some details, I would love to know how did the protagonist and the angel met. Maybe another part? I'd be eager if you do.

Reply

Muffin Hill
09:55 Aug 15, 2021

haha of course. The best is yet to come. Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.