THE EVIL OF LOVE

Submitted into Contest #64 in response to: Write about someone who’s been sent to boarding school.... view prompt

1 comment

Suspense Friendship High School

Welcome to the second phase of your life, You will all leave here someday with much lessons, experiences, knowledge and full of wisdom which will help you in your next phase of life, some will also drop out but know that some innocent ones will fall victims and wouldn't be save so choose your friends wisely.

We all come from different homes, so do what's expected of you and make your parents proud. Anyone caught up in any malpractices would be duly punished or expelled.

Make good friends, live a good life and go home with good grades.

Madam Mabel briefly addressed the freshly new students. The student dispersed to their various dormitories.

Enoch comes from a wealthy home and riches attracts more companies, Enoch had lot of friends on campus and some girls are getting attracted to him.

Emma is very intelligent guy but comes from a poor home, he's friendly and very hardworking.

Jones is one stubborn guy who doesn't fancy anything,he's one being who breaches law easily. 

The three young guys found themselves in the same room, they shared pleasantries and became friends, fortunately Enoch and Emma found themselves in the same class, they opted for science while Jones read General acts. 

Emma won the hearts of his tutors because of his excellent academic performance, he's been love by most of his classmates and other students. Emma won Enoch's hearts too. Enoch performance was fair and asked Emma to help him in his studies but out of love Emma took that as a duty upon himself.

It's vacation, parents are on campus to pick up their wards.Students are found around the campus (laughing, chit chatting, giggling, hugging) most of them are happy going home, some ain't happy though.

Enoch introduced Emma to his parents, he talked about the good things about Emma and how he often help him in his studies. 

One months later.....

school reopen and the guys met again. They went on with their everyday daily activities in school. Enoch got interested in Mina who was in her first year too. 

Mina is a science student, smart, beautiful and shy. 

She always keep her friends with her smile, she's been love by most, she represented her class and make excellent grades as well. 

Mina liked Emma due to what she's heard of him and constantly checking his results on the notice board. She approached Emma. The two became friends and exchange pleasantries. 

Enoch saw the two birds, he got angry and pained, he stop helping Emma on minor stuff he needs, gave Emma a distance but pretended to be fine whenever Emma asked. 

Enoch couldn't hold his pain no more so he disclosed it to Jones, Jones wasn't happy but assured Emma he's gonna be fine. 

Due to Jones stature and character in school, he's always seen around his seniors, he reveal the problem his friend was facing with Emma to one of his seniors and he promised to punish Emma. 

Emma has been working tirelessly this term but couldn't know what makes the seniors punished him more for no wrongs. One sunny afternoon, He met Mina. This ensued between them. 

Mina :hey what's making you busy and tired always. You seems not to be happy. What wrong? 

Emma:nothing I'm fine

Mina:hey have you forgotten our friendship or we ain't friends? I want us to get closer and know each other better so we become more like best friends.

Emma:he smiled 

Mina :fine, if you ain't interested just let me know, I'm just a friend who cares about her friends circle.

Emma,:yeah I concur with you but lately my seniors have their eye on me and punished me for no wrongs done, I'm getting tired and can't figure who could be behind this, would have apologize to the person. 

Mina:are you serious? Apologizing for no harm caused? 

Emma: what could your friend do? 

Mina: hope it's not any of your close pals? 

Emma :hmmm Enoch has been in longer head's with me lately, Im not suspicious of him though but I'm wondering what could be the problem with him? 

Mina:Be bold and approach him, have a nice day, do study hard, we having a competition this term, let's see who gets the best grades. 

Emma:I'm in,you obviously know I'm gonna wear the crown. 

Some months later.... 

Enoch found out about Emma undeserved punishment,he consulted Jones about it but Jones deny it till he finally accepted it, I did that for you so he stay away from Mina 

Enoch:But that hasn't yielded any results, it's getting worse everyday, kindly redraw your evil acts, I'm already failing in my academics and I think I need him now, so stay off this matter, it's between Emma and I. 

Enoch confronted Emma, he disclosed the whole truth and asked him to forgive him, he accepted that he overreacted on this. I'm. Sorry friend but need a favor from you, I'm interested in Mina since you're good friends, I think it will be quite easier for me to channel my interests to her through you. Hope you gonna offer a hand. 

Emma :we've been good friends, will surely do as you wished. 

Emma met Mina one evening and told him about Enoch's interest. 

Mina:Emma, what about you? Are you gonna watch your friend snatch away the love of your life? It's you I like not him so kindly tell him. She left immediately. 

Some weeks later........ 

It been hard nut to crack for Emma to open up to Enoch, he losed up his courage one morning and opened up to Enoch . Enoch was so pained,couldn't hold back but cried. 

Enoch:and who could be the lucky man? 

Silence descended into the room. 

Another vacation is here again, Emma couldn't wait to have a date with Mina both had planned. They had a good date and planned for a trip in the weekend. 

Mina obviously knows Emma can't afford for the trip so she got money from her parents and few relatives. 

They left for the trip early morning. 

Emma was so thrilled , they met and went off to One of the best retreat centre and finally spent the night with Mina in a guest house. 

School reopen, Mina hasn't been feeling well lately, she looks pale and feverish. She sneaked out of school to visit the hospital, she went for lab test and couldn't believe her results. 

She quickly run back to school, she Called Emma and reveal the secret to him, Emma couldn't believe the news also, he advised she quit school before its out there. He assured Mina that he wouldn't let her bear the cost alone.it isn't our plan though but lets fight through this, we're in this together Mina, I promised. 

Some months later, Mina couldn't hide her secrets no more she got caught and expelled from school. Her parents were disappointed in her and threw Insults on Emma. Emma apologized but promised a good living with her after school. 

Jones broke the news to Enoch, he got furious and planned his Expell. 

Few months later....., Madam Mabel addresses the students in the assembly hall,

She stressed, you remember my first advice I said to you all when you came in here freshly? unfortunately one student we have dear in hearts would be expelled today because of bad friends and habits. He's been used as the scape goat for many today, so my fellow students I repeat my statement again,

Make good friends, live a good life and go home with good grades.

I announced to you that Emma Wilford is expelled from school for stealing his friends items consistently, hiding Marijuana in his boxes and bringing unprescribed items to school which is against our law. We're sorry it happened this way and we can't do anything but to wish you the best in life and what life has to offer. Be good out there.

Emma sorrowfully packed her stuff and left. Jones and Enoch was so excited. They teased him and left. 

Emma cried and didn't know how to explain this to his poor family, he felt everything he planned has been crushed. He went on to see his Godfather and seeks his presence in his parent house.

October 23, 2020 22:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Kathleen March
23:27 Nov 11, 2020

I suggest you use normal protocol for punctuation and dialogue. Nice effort.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.