0 comments

General

"This is no way it's goin' to work, August." Margareth said pulling her luggage. "Okay then, you leave and do not ever come back telling me I didn't tell you to work things out." Augustine said waving his hands while talking. Margareth leaves the condo and never shows up again. After a couple of days, Augustine flies back to America to finish his remaining two weeks of his masteral at med school. He just visited Margareth to clear some misunderstandings but they ended breaking up.

After nine months, Margareth gives birth to a healthy baby boy she named after Augustine. She told the hospital to bring her baby at the orphanage with her letter to the father of her son. She tried to reach for Augustine after she was diagnosed with breast cancer but she always fails. The condo was already sold. His family moves to a new place. She can't reach his phone.

After three months of Margareth's death, "The operation of your wife is successful, Mr. Alistaire." The doctor wearing blue scrubs who just came out of the OR said. "Thank you, doctor! But what about the baby, my son?" Augustine asks. The doctor's face suddenly shows mixed emotions of sadness and worry. "I'm sorry, August. We've done everything but your wife's ovarian cancer affected the baby's health for the first trimester." The doctor said. Augustine slowly falls at the seat behind him. He sobs. The doctor rubs his back and shoulder. He feels like his strength drains. A little later, he stops sobbing wiping his tears he looks up at the doctor. "Thank you, for everything that you've done, Lawrence. It means a lot to me. Thank you." He said. "It's okay, August. Y'know, I'd do anything I can to help you and your family, right?" The doctor said putting his hand on Augustine's shoulder to reassure his words. Augustine nods wiping his tears and sniffing. "I'm gonna check your wife in a bit." Lawrence said. Augustine nods.

After their baby's burial, Dominique and Augustine decided to adopt a baby. They fly back to the place where Augustine grew up. They bring their lawyer to do the process.

They are in an orphanage looking for a baby they can adopt. "Babababa." Baby Augustine baby talks at the crib. "Hello, baby boo. Coochie coochie coo? Coochie!?" Dominique is baby talking to baby Augustine and the baby giggles at her. "Isn't he adorable? I like him, honey." She said to her husband. Augustine smirks at her. "This is baby Augustine." The nun introduces the baby. Dominique gasps. "He has your name!" She exclaims in a low voice. "His mother passed away due to breast cancer on the day he was born three months ago." The superior nun said. After several talks, the couple signed the adoption papers. The superior nun gave them the baby's things in a bag, including Margareth's diary with her letter sandwiched in between the pages. They have their lawyer do the rest of the process. They use baby Augustine's real name with their surnames as the middle and last name, and his real birthday on his adoption birth certificate.

Their families prepared a surprise welcome party for baby Augustine when they found out that they are coming home after the adoption process. Baby Augustine loves talking baby talks to everyone. Everybody loves him and finds him adorable making his little face frowns when he talks. He also receives baby things as welcome gifts to him.

Today is baby Augustine's christening. After the christening, they head on to the Five Star Hotel where they booked an exclusive christening party for baby Augustine. There are other babies at the party where Dominique and Augustine get to meet with their baby. "Bababa..." baby Augustine giggles while talking baby talks to the other babies. "Oh well look at that. You're such a cute little host ever busy hosting the whole party." Dominique's mom said. Everyone around them laughs. "He looks like you when you were a baby, August. He's got your eyes, brows, nose, lips, and even the lashes. Who's grandma's little favorite?" Augustine's mom said making baby Augustine giggles and laugh. "He also loves to talk like you I may say. I remember when you were a baby I was talking to you in the middle of the night whenever I'm waking up and hear you talk to yourself sitting in your crib." Augustine's dad said. "Well, he took from his daddy. Who's the daddy's boy now? Who? Coochie coo." Augustine said raising baby Augustine on top of his head. The baby giggles and laughs blabbering baby language. "Maybe he's gonna take medicine too when he grows up, y'know, like grandpa and dada. Bababa.." Lawrence said who's also at the party as one of the godfathers of baby Augustine. The baby laughs at him as he talks to it. "Well, like baby like dada. Dadadada..." Augustine said making baby Augustine blabber baby talks. The party goes on and baby Augustine has been an excellent cute little host of his own party.

They arrive at home in the afternoon. Baby Augustine is sleeping in bed. Dominique and Augustine lay beside him. "I'm happy to have this cute little buddy sleeping in my bed." Augustine said. "Me too, honey. Having baby Augustine in this home, he lights up the whole house. He makes our lives complete. I want to be a hands-on mom to our son and cherish his babyhood moments and my mommyhood moments together." Dominique said pinching the sleeping baby Augustine's nose. "Me too, honey. I've always wanted to be busy with our family and experience daddyhood with this cute little guy's babyhood. Our business is doing great maybe I can be a part-time businessman at the same time. Let's get the chores of the whole house half-half. I'll do the cooking, you do the laundry." Augustine said. Dominique laughs. "What? You're making me do chores? We have maids to do those tasks. You don't even have to bother." She said laughing at her husband. "Well, I was just picturing us to be just the three of us in this house. Just mommy and daddy and baby." He said grinning at his wife. They talk a little more about family, love, and spending time together. Plans in the future holiday and summer vacation. Plans of their family's birthdays. They go to sleep after several pep talks sandwiching baby Augustine between them. They still didn't unpack baby Augustine's little bag from the orphanage. They put it in the attic for a while.

August 20, 2020 04:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.