0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Fiction

Silver Jambiya

Saze Abdul sits in his captain's cabin smoking a Hashish Water Bottle. He looks as if he aged ten years after his short time attempting to get the Trident harpoon. Clad in a blue ABA robe and not wearing his noted turban. A bang is heard on the door outside. “Cap's we need to talk.” comments Durant the first officer and close friend of Saze Abdul. Durant being a male centaur and he is joined by Selim Abdul the twin sister of Saze.

“Go away I am busy.”

“Its important old friend.”

“Very well, come in Durant.”

` Durant steps into the captain's cabin and spots Saze sitting with red rimmed eyes from the water bottle and too much wine. “You've been cooped up here for three days old friend and Selim and I are worried. The loss of the trident is just something you need to let go. So I will let Selim explain.”

Selim stands behind Durant and steps forward and shows a strong look of concern at her twin brother “Brother, this is not like you we need to clean you up and get fresh. I was doing some . research and once you are freshen up we can hunt for the new artifact.”

“Please me I am not in the mood for a new treasure hunt.”

“You may not be happy for another treasure hunt Saze but perhaps the cost of the artifact will catch your drug induced state of mind.”

“What is it sister?” comments Saze angrily at Selim

“125,000 gold pieces.”

Saze and his dark eyes widen at the words. “What is this artifact Sister?”

“The Mace of Waves.”

“I have heard of it supposedly the mace used by Valkur to control the waves and element control. A sailor's tale but a new opportunity for treasure hunters like ourselves.”

“Where is it suppose to be?”

“Rumor claims it was seen in the South Seas and located on an isolated island. We wanted to clear your downtime so it would refresh your sense of adventure.”

Saze strokes his beard and looks at his twin sister and close friend. “Durant set a course to the South seas and this mysterious island.”

“Once we get the mace we may keep it with us rather than sell it off to a buyer though the gold is well made. Lets get me cleaned up.”

South Seas 3 weeks later

After traveling South for three weeks the Silver Jambalaya arrives at the South seas. As the hurricane winds of 65 miles per hour blow in the cool air from the South Seas. Saze stands on his post looking in the direction of a glacier island. Dressed in a fur trimmed jacket he is joined by Selim and Durant both wear similar dress. “Is that the island rumored to hold the mace Sister?”

“That's where the rumored location is mapped but it said nothing of this cold freezing air.”

“Never hurts for some cold freezing air Selim.” comments Durant sarcastically.

“Tell Ba i to get a boat in the water and we will test our luck.” orders Saze as he places spiked

cleats on his boots. “Durant hold the fort while Selim and I hunt for the mace.”

In the distance a creepy shrieking sound is heard over the air waves. “What do you make of that Selim?”

“Sounds like a maimed animal with a high screech. Just better get a few Druidical spells ready.”

“Agreed check our library in my cabin and we will work it from there.”

Selim scurries over to her cabin below deck to try and find several spells to help her. Durant joins Saze and hands him his gear. “You are looking better Saze. I grabbed your weapons while you were talking with your sister.”

“Thanks Durant, you are a good friend. Does Ba I have our boat ready?”

“I am told the little man is ready to get moving. Several crew members have started to get colds but its nothing to worry about. This blasted weather must be acting up.”

“Have Cookie make some soup to help the crew.”

“He is already on it just finishing up with his engineering stuff.”

“Okay we will be back in three days if not sooner. Just keep our vessel steady and look out for any competitors.”

“I already have a man in the crew's nest. Good hunting.”

“Hold the fort while we are gone.” On those words Durant returns to his duties as the first officer. Saze is joined by Selim and a small monkey-like man.”

“We be ready to go Cap n/”

“Thanks Ba I, already Sister.”

“I manage to find a few spells but nothing strong since I am still new at druid magic.”

“Lets hope our maimed animal is not hungry. Ba I, Selim lets head out.”

Twenty minutes later.

The winds continue to pick up as Saze and his crew arrive at the mysterious island. And start marching through the snow and ice. Carrying a rug on his back Saze places it down on the surrounding snow and ice and mumbles a few words. The mystical carpet starts to levitate and take flight across the snow and icy island. Selim, and Ba I take a seat as the flying carpet

passes across the grounds below. “Okay sister where does this mace supposedly located?”

“Rumors claim it is in some cave so I recommend we head for the mountains in the north of this island.”

“the north it will be. Ba i take point on the carpet. While I steer it from the rear.”

“I Cap n, enjoy the travel Selim and Cap n be careful of these winds.”

“Already aware of it, Monkey Man.”

The carpet steers north as the crew sit back and enjoy the ride. Even though the winds are choppy.

Thirty minutes later

The magic carpet slows down as it approaches the mountain range. Saze and his crew hop off the carpet and start marching with their cleat boots to the mountains before them. The animal- like sound echoes in the mountain pass. As Saze and the others draw their weapons, Saze draws his silver scimitar and places his arabesques pistol in his belt, Ba I draws his two hand crossbows and Selim walks with her double bladed spiked staff.

The crew arrives by a cave entrance and spots a pair of large gray shaggy polar bears patrolling the cave entrance. Whispering softly Saze looks at his crew.' Well those guys answer our mysterious sounds. Selim you want to do your thing maybe.”

Selim shakes her head and starts to read from her parchment collection and mumbles some ancient Druidical words. The gray shaggy bears start to smell the surrounding landscape and heads towards the crew members. Preparing for the bears, their hostile actions stop however the one bear continues its approach at the heroes. The gray shaggy bear rises on its hind legs

and swings its mammoth claws at the heroes.

Saze parlays the strike and strikes back at the polar bear. “The polar bear makes a shrieking

roar and continues its attack on the heroes. Ba I lets off a series of crossbow bolts that pierces the underside of the polar bear but only inflicts minimum damage. Selim manages to hold the second polar bear under her spell. As the other continues to ignore the spell cast on it.

“Quickly, Saze keep it occupied while I go inside the cave entrance.”

“Be careful sister.” As the silver scimitar slashes quickly at the polar bear and holding a distance from it. Ba I fires his crossbows as he follows Selim into the cave to serve as her guard. . .

Saze is quickly slashed by the polar bear and falls to the ground. The bear raises its claws for the final kill but is quickly subdued as the pistol goes off and hits the bear's jaw and head. Maimed badly by the shells of the pistol the bear falls to the ground before Saze. Raising his pistol with a sad look in his black eyes he finishes the bear off with his remaining shells. “Damn it did not have to go this way, bear.“

Saze looks over to the still spellbound bear and shakes his head as it goes about its life awaiting words from Selim. He joins the others as he chugs down a healing potion to help with his wounds.

Selim and Ba i wait for Saze inside the cave. “What happened to the bears, Saze?”

“The one is waiting for you and the other is dead, I didn't want to do that but I had no choice.”

“Your life was in danger brother but I forgive you. That's a nasty scar on your face.”

“A war injury from the fight with the dire polar bear. Lets rest up before we hunt for the mace.”

“I already set up a base camp for us Saze.” Comments Ba i as he warms up a campfire by a pair of hide tents.

The crew calls it a day as they start to exchange the tales of their adventure this day.

Twenty four hours later

As the crew wakes late the next day, they begin their descent into the cave in search of the

legendary mace. Traveling for three hours the crew enters the deeper mounts of the cave and enter a hidden cache of a village. The village looks old but sturdy. Raising her hands Selim mumbles a few words in the mysterious village. The glowing rose-like orb flies through the village and returns to its caster. Selim looks into the rose-like orb and smiles wide to her brother.

“the village is abandoned but there are a number of decayed corpses frozen from this

weather but the far long-house is built like a barbarian shrine. It shows a depiction of the

symbol of Valkur.”

“I think that is where we should start Saze.”

“Lead the way, Sister”

The crew marches to the longhouse and pass a number of frozen decayed corpses. “This is a grim place, Cap n.” .

“I agree Ba i something happened here and it is not right.”

“Selim, I know you don't play with necromancy so I will not ask you what happened so these people.” .

“Maybe we can find a priest's book in this shrine that could explain what happened here.”

“Worth a look.” Saze turns to Ba I “Ba I try and find a priest's book for Selim.”

“I'm on it Cap n.”

Ba I scurries in the village why Selim and Saze approach the shrine. Passing several frozen decayed bodies Selim and Saze approach the altar room. Saze starts to search for any traps but finds a switch at the base of the stone altar. Click

The Valkur emblem banner moves back and a lock-box is released behind the banner. “Selim, I need your help here.” Selim wanders over and her eyes widen as she spots a combination like lock on the door of the safe. “think you can crack it Sister?”

“I will do my best.” She starts to mumble some ancient words as Ba i returns with a pair of tomes.

“Cap n, I found these tomes but they are in barbarian rune text. I think we need a dwarf rune- caster to break the gylphs.”

“Alright bring them with us.” Saze turns to Selim “How is it going over there Sister?”

“It is not easy without a guide we can't get inside the lock-box.”

“Damn so close Well we did manage to find tomes maybe there is a code in there.” Saze shakes his head and looks at his crew “Let's head back to the Silver Jambalaya and we can work it from there.”

On those words Saze presses the switch to hide the lock-box until they can return in the future..

The End? 

November 19, 2021 20:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.