9 comments

Friendship Sad Drama

Authors note: (plz read) this is something very personal I so I decided to share it to show you the life is not always perfect. I want to show that even lives that look so amazing on the internet, my be the ones who’ve been bullied there whole lives. Now without fur ado, let’s start.

fifth grade, first day,

I went into class and my teacher looked at me. “Julia” she said. “Will you please tell us a little about yourself?” “O-of course” I grinned. “M-my name is Julia and I’m 11 years old. I love animals and I have 4 brothers.” “Four?!” She exclaimed. “Y-yeah..” I was SUPER nervous. What should they think...would they think I’m weird..no..maybe ugly..and fat.. I looked at my teacher and the others introduced themselves to the class. I looked at everyone. A lot of the same people I knew were in this class. I watch the teacher’s crystal eyes shimmer brightly and smile. I loved all of the positive things all around her class. Currently at that time I was depressed. I know, I know. It’s strange but back then I was very much depressed. Reason why is because my 4th grade year was rough. My teacher handed us a ton of homework. And I had my friend’s not hanging out with me anymore. I mean I shouldn’t be that sad over something, but I mean… it was rough. Like seriously rough. I disliked my 4th grade teacher and so this year was 5th and I thought I wouldn’t be at all different. I sighed and worked on a page about areselfs. I looked at my table mates and grinned a little. Nice. Some people who I didn’t know. I can make a good first impression. Ok. Just, calm yourself and do your work. That was really hard to do with everyone talking and shouting. I just worked a little and then turned it in. Ok. Sweet. First assignment in. Now I can read or something.. then my teacher announced we were going to the library. YES! I love the beautiful library and all the wonderful books on the shelves! I got in line immediately and smiled wide. Then I realized. I was daydreaming… I sighed and looked at my desk. There lay another assignment. I sigh again and get my pencil out. Time for yet another assignment.. After the assignment was finished I got to go to resses. I smiled the whole way and ran to the playground. I took a swing and pushed my feet off the black rubber that lay beneath. I push forward and backwards with my legs. My hair was flying everywhere and getting in my face. I smiled and laughed a little too. Everyone else was playing and I was going decently high up in the air. I laughed some more and smiled as I saw people running around the swings and going on the slides. I jumped off. I wanted to explore. I looked around and tried some things out and also ran around the grassy field. I smiled and ran on the dry blacktop then looked at the huge area we got to play on. Wow. All of this for 7 classes. I ran back to the playground and twenty minutes later I was at lunch. I ate the food and drank the milk. Mmm. Yum. After that we went back to class and we did a little game and stuff. After that the day was over and I went home smiling. It had been a great first day. 

A few days later I was doing a strange thing that we had to do called a book talk. You have to talk about the book and yeah. Basically a report on a book. So I was working on that and I had made two friends. Bayleigh and Tatyana. Bayleigh had dirt blond hair and blue eyes. Tatyana had brown hair and greenish eyes. I was the tallest out of all of us. I also helped them with their book talks. We worked together and the Tatyana kept distracting me. So I went to my desk a little annoyed and worked on it there. After the 2 quarter I was so mad at Tatyana almost everyday. She just would say we’re not friends and then make me want to be friends with her. Why? Because she knows I’m smart and she needs me for her homework. I was being used and Bayleigh knew it too. I just ignored Tatyana the best I could and walked away whenever she tried talking to me. Which was hard because we sit right in front of each other. I just didn’t want Tatyana bothering me anymore. She always acted like she was the boss and if I trusted her my grades would go down. I knew 5th grade would be hard but I decided to push through anyways. I sighed. We had another big project. I mean don’t think I’m weird but I mean, I love group projects. It’s fun! But I didn’t want to do one because I knew Tatyana was going to ask me and no other kid wanted to hang out or work with me. Sigh. I walked to Tatyana and we started on the project with me, Tatyana, and Bayleigh. I didn’t like Tatyana and me and Bayleigh talked a little about it too. She talks rudely about others behind their backs and it’s kinda sad… She also will tell any secret you tell her. I know this because I told her a big secret of mine and she told it almost right away. Ugh… this school year had already been rough… how much harder can it get… Later in the year lots of drama was going around about Tatyana. I didn’t really want to be involved because I didn’t like drama. Like at all.. in fact I hate it. It’s so annoying how if you get involved in something then all the sudden your miss popular and everyone wants to ask you questions about what happened. They also make the story sound way different then it truly is. Like, “oh well I heard Tatyana called Vada weird.” “I heard she got expelled!” Ugh… annoying much..? I snarled a little and looked at the girls spreading gossip. I mean, what’s the point of it? I mean I get that it’s so everyone knows the newest big thing but I mean, just like, stop for awhile. Give it a break. Put it at rest for at least a week. A few days later I sat on the swings and pushed my feet off of the black pad. I barely move so I push again and I go a little higher. I look at everyone below me and hear Tatyana talking rude about people and then, I close my eyes. I let all of my senses fade. I move my legs, back, forth, back, forth, back, forth. I felt the wind wip in my hair and the wind brush onto my face and cool me down. I open my eyes. All my senses come back and then I jump. Perfect landing. I see Tatyana’s mouth wide in shock and then I walk over to the grass and sit in it and watch the clouds. Bayleigh sits next to me. “Whatcha looking at?” She asks. “Clouds” I say calmly. She chuckles. “What’s so funny?” I ask and turn my gaze to her. “It’s just, you never look at the clouds… is something bothering you?” She looks at me with worried eyes. I turn my gaze back to the clouds. “No, just wanted to look at clouds I guess.” “Can I join you?” She asks. “No ones stopping you.” She sits beside me and looks at the clouds. “What’s so fascinating about clouds that you forget to meet me in our normal spot?” She glances at me. “Oh! Oh my gosh I forgot! Sorry!” “That’s ok” she looks at the clouds and smiles. “That one looks like a unicorn.” She points her finger to a cloud. “Yeah” I say as I see the shape of the lumpy cloud hovering over our heads. The whistle blows. I get up and run. Feeling the wind in my hair. I get in line and go inside. Bayleigh later in the day passes me a note. “I still think it looks like a unicorn,” it says. I look at her and smile. I write a note back. “It sure does” I chuckle and smile.

*before you go.... please don’t joke about any of these things because it is really personal and sad... if you would like to see another one about my kindergarten year, third grade year, or sixth grade year, please let me know. If you want something juicy and sad, I’d say third grade. If you’re in for sly, I’d say kindergarten. If you’re looking for how I’m doing now, I’d suggest sixth. Thank you so much!

January 26, 2021 14:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Radhika Diksha
14:06 Mar 04, 2021

Hey hi, JJ. It's ok, you are a very strong girl. Even I have friends who used to talk behind my backs, plot against me, and were jealous of me. But I did not get bothered and when I got bothered it did affect my life. It's okay to be alone rather than being with selfish people. You still have a friend Bayleigh, you can be with her. Trust people when you feel right. I kinda miss popular. I can give tips to make some friends if you want. Me being popular also made me subject to bully, so it's life. You get bullied when you have friends and yo...

Reply

14:19 Mar 04, 2021

Thank you! I really appreciate you giving me that advice! 💜 I have many other friends now, and I don’t really get bullied anymore. Now, I’m not the most popular girl in school, but at least I have some friends who somewhat care.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:25 Mar 04, 2021

Yeah, that's good. But do not give any advantage to others over yourself. Always keep yourself and your feelings first. Trust yourself more and believe in yourself. Okay, so now you have friends, do some activities with each other. Share your thoughts, read the same book and tell how you felt about it. Enact a play, dance do something quirky. Don't run after grades, run after learning with fun. DO projects with your friends. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

Reply

15:39 Mar 04, 2021

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:25 Mar 04, 2021

Yeah, that's good. But do not give any advantage to others over yourself. Always keep yourself and your feelings first. Trust yourself more and believe in yourself. Okay, so now you have friends, do some activities with each other. Share your thoughts, read the same book and tell how you felt about it. Enact a play, dance do something quirky. Don't run after grades, run after learning with fun. DO projects with your friends. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

Reply

14:31 Mar 04, 2021

Thank you! It kinda hard tho.. because they haven’t really been talking to me as much anymore. All they do is talk to me if they want some answers. But I know there true friends.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:37 Mar 04, 2021

Okay, but don't get used up by people. Start interacting with people on different subjects, and maybe pitch ideas. Or you can read books. what about opening a youtube channel? I am just recommending things, not forcing on you. There's a light always at the end of the tunnel. Just run after it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
13:53 Jan 28, 2021

Please comment if u has any ideas for a new story or if you want me to share more about me

Reply

Show 0 replies
TJ Squared
01:48 Mar 03, 2021

So relatable! I have also written a personal story, it's called 'A Brother and a Sister' if you wanna check it out. I am sorry that you've been bullied many times, I can relate to you. "Let go of the past, just keep the lessons it taught you." -Chiara Gizzi I hope you are doing okay, and I hope you don't get bullied this year :)) Let me know if you ever need encouragement, I got you :) Lone Wolf (Tiffany)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.