30 comments

Friendship Inspirational Christian


I don't know when the Skribbls doc was first made. I don't know exactly why, either, except that there was a group of people who played Skribbl together, and thus made the doc. But things have changed. Skribbl is no longer played- at least, not as a group. Half of the people who were on the doc last year aren't on the doc this year, or even on Reedsy. Maya Emerson, Bill Cipher, Nainika Gupta... just a few of the people that have been gone so long, it seems like they're just names now. Memories. Dreams we struggle to hold on to, lest we lose them and they fade away.


While people have left, there are some who have joined. The Skribbls doc is now a place where secrets are told, fights take place, apologies are given, friends are made, and a misfit "found family" draws closer together each day.


Words of encouragement are said to those who feel sad. Wisdom and advice are spread, laughter is shared, and friends lend theit virtual shoulders for others to virtually cry on. People are accepted for who they are, regardless of beliefs, gender, ethnicity, race, and other factors that people are discriminated for. On the the Skribbls doc, we are a family. We support each other, encourage each other, help each other, and love each other. If someone is hurting, we help them. We comfort them. We tell them everything is okay. If someone is unhappy, we try to make them laugh. If someone is lonely, we show them that we'll be there for them.


Recently, I came up with a word for each of the letters in the name "Skribbls". Those words are what gave me the inspiration to write this.




S: "S" is for strong. This doesn't mean physically strong, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually strong. Maybe not everyone is, but those who are can lend their strength to those who aren't.


“Being strong doesn't mean you'll never get hurt. It means even when you get hurt, you'll never let it defeat you.” - Unknown





K: "K" is for kind. We are kind to one another, even if someone else is unkind. When one of us is unkind, we try to apologize as soon as we can. We try to spread kindness and positivity, and include everyone as much as we possibly can.


“Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.” - Roy T. Bennett





R: "R" is for respectful. It is important to be respectful of others, especially if you want others to be respectful of you. Respect is important because it allows you to express your opinions more freely, whereas if you were disrespected, people wouldn't want to listen to your opinions. This is the same for everyone.


“Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect." - U Thant





I: "I" is for irreplaceable. You are unique. Because of that, you are irreplaceable. No one can take your place, no matter how similar they are to you, because they aren't you.


"We live in a world of disposable things but you are not one of them. You are irreplaceable, one of a kind and there will never be another you. You are not disposable. Do not let anyone or anything tell you differently." - Rae Smith





B: "B" is for beautiful. No matter what you think you look like, you are beautiful, both on the inside and outside. Sometimes we might not believe it, but it's true. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't beautiful, because that's not true. Everyone is beautiful, each in their own way. You are how God made you.


Genesis 1:31- "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."





B: "B" also stands for blessed. Each and every one of us is blessed, each in a different way except one: we're alive. We wake up each day for a reason. We should be thankful for each living moment that we have on earth. When our loved ones leave this life, we should be thankful for the time we got to spend with them. Those who leave this life are blessed with peace. Those who come into this life are blessed with the ability to wake up each day breathing. Count your blessing instead of counting your trials.


"What seems to us bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." - Oscar Wilde





L: "L" is for loved. No matter what you're going through, you need to remember that there are people who love you and care about you. Though we often feel unloved, it's not true. Even if no one physically with you shows love for you, there are always going to be those who are emotionally and mentally with you, and they love you. Plus, there is one person who loves you at all times- God! He loves you so much that He sent his only Son to die on the cross for our sins. Now how about that for an act of true love?


John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."





S: "S" is for special. No matter what anyone says, you are special. No matter how anyone makes you feel, you are special. You mean the world to someone out there. Maybe you don't know them yet, or they haven't met you yet, but somewhere, someday, somehow, you will mean everything to someone. Maybe you won't believe me, but you are someone's light, their star, the one who keeps them going. You may not know it, but you are special, because you are you.


"Each one of us is a shining light for someone else- some of us just don't know it." - Missa


https://selffa.com/you-are-special-quotes/




If you would like to join the Skribbls family, you can. We will gladly accept you, no matter who you are or what you've done in the past. The only requirements/rules are these:

  • You must be kind,
  • You must be respectful,
  • You must be prepared to be yourself.



God bless you all, and have an amazing day!




Please leave a comment telling me your favorite quote from this story.

November 02, 2021 23:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

30 comments

Dhwani Jain
12:46 Nov 15, 2021

Hello all! https://wp.me/pd3y1A-fD Please check out my latest post, THE VIRUS, YOU AND ME, a podcast. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did writing it! Dhwani Jain Dream DJ {https://djdhwanijain.wordpress.com/}

Reply

Show 0 replies
.. .
15:57 Nov 22, 2021

MISSA! HEYYY its Ember! ik we haven't known each other for very long but you seem like an amazing person and im so happy were becoming friends<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
05:54 Nov 09, 2021

Bio updated!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
14:44 Nov 07, 2021

You're Missa, right? I love this. Sure, Skribbls will love to have more people on. I think we all should add this to our bio or our stories, if we want to, that is. Lovely! No more words.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
10:40 Apr 17, 2022

Um, it was the name of a Google doc where some of us from Reedsy came together to chat

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
21:29 Nov 04, 2021

I still really like this, it's a great encourager :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aiden Otaktay
14:13 May 05, 2022

What is Skribbls doc? My fav quote: "Each one of us is a shining light for someone else- some of us just don't know it."

Reply

17:16 May 05, 2022

It's an old doc that a bunch of us used to talk on. That's one of my favorite ones too.

Reply

Aiden Otaktay
20:47 May 05, 2022

Used to? You mean you don't have it now? :D

Reply

00:52 May 06, 2022

We still have it, just everyone's gone their separate ways

Reply

Aiden Otaktay
23:01 May 06, 2022

Oh :( I'm sorry to hear that- it's kinda hard to let go of your friends when you're close to them You can invite more people if you want to, though (or maybe not)

Reply

01:16 May 07, 2022

Yeah, but that's okay, life goes on Nah, school is out in a week, and computers get taken up then. Maybe next year. Maybe you could join us for this week though, if you'd like!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
23:47 Jan 03, 2022

Hey Missa! I love the way you spun the Skribbls into something like a story and the words you chose for each letter are perfect. -liv (My favorite quote was “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.” - Roy T. Bennett ;p)

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:44 Nov 19, 2021

Waaaaait when did Maya leave? I knew she wasn't around a lot, but I thought she only took a break!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sapphire 🌼
00:00 Nov 14, 2021

<3 Thank you so much for writing this Missa It was very meaningful <3333 btw- churros. can. be. dipped. in. nutella. When saph meets you, I'm bringing nutella along with the churros. i hope you're not allergic to nuts-

Reply

15:45 Nov 19, 2021

I need your nutella concoction.

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
23:14 Nov 21, 2021

I will virtually send it to you right away

Reply

20:29 Nov 22, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshaya ✨
15:18 Nov 09, 2021

This is a great idea, Missa! I love the idea of giving a word to each letter. It somehow makes everything more meaningful. Visiting the skribbls doc is always a great experience :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

wow, missa. this is beautiful. this makes me a bit sad because i never go on the skribbls doc anymore, so i feel like im abandoning you guys :< (me being very confused about the isaac thing:)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:54 Nov 09, 2021

Bio updated!

Reply

Unknown User
12:18 Dec 01, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.