0 comments

Fiction Historical Fiction

Breanna Pierce has worked for Horizon Tech for three years, her specialty is computer tech design and developer. Breanna is the most important computer designer and developer at Horizon Tech and she is currently developing the latest version of Star-link, the most important computer Horizon Tech has.

Star-Link has been around for generations, but star-link hasn't always been called star-link, the original name for star-link is called the Hart-computer created by Maya Hart.

Breanna has always been curious about the founding of star-link and about the creator Maya Hart. Maya Hart's picture hangs in the front entrance of Horizon Tech. Everyday when Breanna enters Horizon Tech building she sees Maya Hart's picture hanging in the center of the building. Breanna asks a friend of hers if she knows anything about Maya Hart. Breanna's friend tells her "Maya Hart is the creator of star-link or better known as the Hart-computer, the very first computer, and the only woman in history to ever design a revolutionary computer that has changed the lives of people."

Breanna goes to her lab and thinks about what her friend told her. Breanna tells herself "wow I'm continuing the work of the most famous computer developer that ever existed. I have to know more about her."

The next day after work Breanna goes to the historic library to learn more about Maya Hart. Breanna enters the library and goes to the star-link computer, she types Maya Hart's name and in an instant articles and pictures of Maya Hart pop up. Breanna picks the earliest articles about Maya. Breanna begins to read.

Maya Hart's story begins in the late 1970's in the basement of her home where she first created the Hart-computer. The Hart-computer was one of many inventions created by Maya and her most successful.

Maya's passion for inventing is what led her to create the first computer, and it was this passion that led Maya to believe the Hart-computer would revolutionize people's lives.

Maya first create the Hart-computer as a way to make her life and people's lives a little less hectic snd what Maya means by that is so business men and women, doctors, lawyers can have an easy way handle their busy everyday lives, but their was something missing from the Hart-computer and that was software to go with it.

Maya perfected the Hart-computer everyday until it is ready to be seen by the tech companies. The day Maya goes to present the Hart-computer she is excited and nervous. Maya heads to the biggest tech company of the day, as she begins her presentation Maya gets turned down immediately. Everyday, every week Maya presents the Hart-computer to more companies and she gets turned down, Maya knows the reason why she gets turned down, it's because she's a woman. Maya leaves heartbroken, but determined to get the Hart-computer into people's hand and then one day her luck turns around.

While working in her basement Maya hears a knock on the door, she goes to answer the door and she sees a man, the man introduces himself as Jacob West. Maya lets Jacob into her house. Maya asks Jacob why he wants to see her?

Jason explains to Maya he heard her presentation and he believes the Hart-computer is a great invention. Maya is surprise by what Jacob said. Maya asks him what he does for a living. Jacob tells Maya he runs a start up business called West Tech and he believes the Hart-computer can take West Tech to new heights.

Maya looks at Jacob with a septic's eye and asks him "why me?" Jacob replies "I see a lot of potential in you and I believe the Hart-computer will be big." Maya smiles. She can't believe someone believes in her and her invention. "Okay. I'm in."

The next day Maya meets with Jacob at his office to talk more about West Tech and the Hart-computer. Jacob tells Maya she will have total control over the marketing of the Hart-computer, and any other invention she creates, but that's not all, Jacob wants Maya to work with him full time.

Maya thinks about Jacob's proposal, it's everything she has every dreamed about, and so much more. Maya agrees toward with Jacob.

The next day Maya arrives at West Tech for her first full day. Maya and Jacob immediately get to work to perfect the Hart-computer.

Jacob has a lot of ideas for the Hart-computer, and one of his ideas is to put his software called W1 into the Hart-computer. Jacob tells this to Maya. Maya is hesitant to do this until she looks over the software.

Jacob gives Maya his software to look over. Maya takes it home, she goes to her basement to inspect the software. At first look Maya is impressed , she digs deeper and deeper and what Maya finds is something amazing and she believes the software and the Hart-computer is compatible.

Maya calls Jacob and tells him "I like your software and I believe this can work." Jacob is pleased, they make plans for the next day to begin to incorporate W1 with the Hart-computer.

Maya and Jacob met at West Tech, they talk about a lot of things, the software, marketing the Hart-computer and how big West Tech is going to become. Maya is excited.

Maya and Jacob get to work on incorporating W1 with the Hart-computer. It takes them a good two weeks to get W1 and the Hart-computer compatible, and at last they have a working prototype of the Hart-computer. Maya and Jacob are ready to show the world the Hart-computer.

One month later on May 3rd 1979 Maya and Jacob show the world the first ever Hart-computer. Maya is very nervous to show the world her newest invention. Jacob tells her not to worry. Maya gives Jacob a warm smile and a silent thank you.

The next week Jacob is reading the reviews about the Hart-computer and he is happy to know a lot of people liked what they saw. He calls Maya into his office and tells her the good news. Maya is equally excited.

Over the next year Maya develops more and more Hart-computers. The Hart-computers have easily become the hottest item of 1979. Jacob was right Maya said to herself.

Each year Maya develops upgraded versions of the Hart-computers so the people can stay up to date and Maya develops new software for the Hart-computers. Maya has develops other technologies that revolutionized the world, they are gaming consoles, cell phones, walkman's and many more. Maya has transformed West Tech into the biggest company in the world.

Over the following years West Tech grew to become a leader in computer technology and a billion dollar company all thanks to Maya and the Hart-computer. Maya became the youngest and only female billionaire of the time, part owner of West Tech and the most influential woman in the world.

West Tech grew into a large company with multiple buildings in multiple locations that Maya and Jacob changed the name of West Tech to Horizon Tech because they reached new heights together.

Breanna finished reading all about Maya Hart and the beginning of her career. Breanna feels a strong connection to Maya, and she wants to make Maya proud and continue the work Maya has paved for her and others like her.

February 22, 2021 21:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.