MY CINDERELLA GIRL

Submitted into Contest #170 in response to: Start your story with the line “I’ve got a plan”. ... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Friendship Romance

I've got a plan my Cinderella girl to win your heart, to show you best friends can fall in love and stay in love until the end of time.

Isabella my best friend, the one person in this whole world who has stolen my heart. These letters are for her. These letters will reveal how I feel for Isabella.

What these letters won't reveal is my identity. I will reveal myself when the time is right. I will be watching Isabella from afar. Here is letter No.1

My Cinderella girl, I watch you from afar with your big beautiful smile that shines bright like the sun. Your captivating greens that are as green as the flowers. Your beautiful wild hair that is as big as your personality. I wish to hold your hand and make you laugh. How I wish to tell you at this moment that I love you. How I wish to be the one person in your life you can count on. My dear Isabella don't be afraid of this letter. Always my love. Your secret admirer.

I know writing a letter is lame but these words and the words yet to come are real. So, I pray Isabella takes this letter and the letters that are too come seriously and keeps on reading them.

I mail the letter and by tomorrow Isabella should receive her first Cinderella letter. Butterflies are flying all over my stomach. My friends and family have told me so many times to tell Isabella face to face how I feel for her but I chicken out every time.

Isabella has been my best friend since we were kids. I remember the first time I saw Isabella. I was eight years old. Isabella and her family moved into the house across from my house.

I remember the first time I spoke to Isabella and the first time we played together. I was only eight but I knew then we would always be friends forever.

I was right and somewhere along the way I began to see Isabella as more than just a friend. As time went on me and Isabella began to go down different paths but my love for her never changed.

You don't know how many times I wanted to take the advice of my friends and family and tell Isabella how I feel for her. I was scare and still am scared she will reject me.

These letters are my only hope to tell Isabella everything. Words are powerful and I hope my words are felt deep inside Isabella's heart.

ISABELLA

Oh My God! I have a secret admirer. He's calling me his Cinderella girl. Wow, I can't believe this. I have to find who this person is. This could be the person I give my heart to.

I show the letter to my friend Peyton. She reads the letter and tells me I have a stalker. Peyton tells me not to bother looking for the sender. Should I take Peyton's advice?

I read the letter once again and decide to take a chance. This letter is beautifully written. It's something about these words that reminded me of someone I use to know. Here is to the letter, my secret admirer, and finding my love that is out there.

SECRET ADMIRER

Look at her beautiful as ever. I put that smile on her face. My words had a big impact on Isabella. There are more letters to come my love.

I return home with a smile on my face and my heart beating with excitement. My Cinderella girl here is another letter for you.

My Cinderella girl, a princess you are so loving and caring. Always giving back, never asking for anything in return. Always putting a smile on those who need to smile. Isabella , my Cinderella girl you always put a smile on my face. Always my love. Your secret admirer.

Second letter is finished and ready to be mailed. I leave my house and go to the mail box. Here is to you my Cinderella girl.

ISABELLA

Another letter from my secret admirer. I open the letter and begin to read. Oh My God! how beautiful this letter is. This person knows me, just by reading the letter I can tell this person knows my work or maybe this person works for me.

I don't tell Peyton about the second letter. She is cynical about love. Peyton thinks love is fake and people who fall in love are fools and idiots. Me on the other hand loves a good love story and believe in the magic and power of love.

I head to work today with the biggest smile on my face and it's not just because of the letters but also because today is our annual Halloween party. I'm going as my favorite Disney character Cinderella. How ironic is that?

I arrive at the office. Everybody is already there and oh my does everyone look amazing. I wonder if anyone of my co-workers is my secret admirer. No, it can't be anyone of my co-workers, they are just like Peyton. Nobody knows what real love is but I'm hoping to find out very soon.

SECRET ADMIRER

Boy does Isabella look beautiful in her costume. I was right my Isabella is a true princess in every aspect of life. She doesn't even know who is standing next to her.

I listen as Isabella talks about her work, the charities she's involved in. Isabella smiles every time she talks about the kids she helps. Listening to Isabella speaking is worth every moment of her not recognizing me.

Isabella lights up the room. Everything she does is amazing. I stand in the background watching Isabella dance. My Cinderella girl here is another letter for you.

My Cinderella girl, you look absolutely beautiful. You amaze me every time I hear you talking about your work, I admire everything you do for the kids. On a fun note, you are one crazy dancer. it suits you. Don't ever change. Be who you always are. Never change for anyone. Always my love. Your secret admirer.

I leave the letter on Isabella's desk and walk out of the building. I walk across the street, turn around and look at the building. From this spot I watch Isabella dancing and laughing.

A few moments later I watch Peyton Isabella's friend carry my letter to her. Isabella takes the letter opens it and begins to read it.

ISABELLA

Another letter oh my. Where did this come from? Peyton tells me the letter was left on my desk. My secret admirer was here. I open the letter and read it. This letter is beautiful just like the others. Tears begin to form. Oh My God! Nathan, it's you. I can't believe it's you. All this time you've been watching me.

Thinking back on the letters I never realized that this person knows me. I was too excited having a secret admirer I never bothered to actually read the letters. Nathan, where are you?

SECRET ADMIRER/NATHAN

My Cinderella girl you finally realize it's me writing the letters. I walk to the park, sit on the bench and write my final Cinderella letter.

My Cinderella girl you have revealed my identity. Yes, I am Nathan your best friend since we were kids. I have missed you all these years. My feelings for you never changed. I always thought about you. Day and night in my dreams you were always there. When I saw you for the first time since high school, I was happy yet scared. I was happy because I finally got to see you again. I was scared because if I told you my feelings you would reject me and break my heart. This is the reason why I'm writing these letters to you. It's easier for me to put into words my feelings for you. Meet tonight at our favorite spot we use to go as kids. Always my love, Nathan.

I hurry back to the party, sneak in and leave the letter on top of Isabella's desk. I leave and head to our favorite spot, the swings at Rock Lake Park.

ISABELLA

The party was amazing. Everyone looked amazing. I'm still in shock Nathan has been the one sending me these letters. I remember Nathan. He was my first new friend I made.

I never imagined Nathan would have these feelings for me. He was always my best friend. We lost touch after high school. I'm sorry to say this but I forgot all about Nathan. I'm the biggest jerk in the world. Nathan, was and has always been the best part of life and it's taken me this long to realize this.

I have to go find Nathan. I rush past my friends. Before I can leave Peyton stops me and hands me another letter. I open the letter and read it.

Nathan saw me. But where? I think back and remember the charity event this past July. Nathan was the sponsor. I can't believe this. I keep reading the letter. Nathan wants to me at our favorite spot.

The swings at Rock Lake Park was always our favorite spot, with a smile on my face I head there. I'm coming Nathan to tell you the truth. One I never knew existed until know.

I run to the swings and there he is. "Nathan." He turns around. "My Cinderella girl, you came."

"Nathan, I don't know what to say. These letters are so beautiful. I never knew you felt this way. I always remember you being my best friend. I forgot about you after high school. I'm so sorry Nathan. I'm a terrible person. Then came these letters, a mystery to me. After re-reading the first letter I knew these words belonged to someone I know. Then came the second and third letter and right there I knew it was you. I loved what you said. My heart was so full of love after reading these letters. Nathan, you don't have to be afraid of me rejecting you. I have realized the reason I haven't found love is because I wasn't looking in the right place. These letters helped me a lot. The letters helped me realize I've been missing you for all these years. I lived a comfortable life with great friends but the one person who I missed the most was not here and that's you Nathan. Thank you, Nathan for writing these beautiful letters to me."

"You are and forever will be my Cinderella girl. I love you Isabella."

Nathan takes my hand and slowly kisses me.

NATHAN

Kissing Isabella is like being in heaven. My heart is complete. I love this girl.

"I love you to my Prince."

I was right all along, writing these letters was worth the risk and the risk paid off for me. My Cinderella girl.

November 03, 2022 20:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.