13 comments

Coming of Age Fiction Funny

โ€œListen up, tryouts are today, but if you're here for Spiritual Magic, that's in room 408. Anyway, let's get started.โ€ Horoscope said. She clapped her hands and everyone got out there tarot cards. I couldn't believe mom let me get some.

โ€œUh... first up Libra!โ€ Libra plastered a smile across her face and followed Horoscope to the small felt room, (the locker room just decorated.) And everyone waited for five minutes. One by one people went in and came out. Finally, I ran in when Horoscope stopped me.ย 

โ€œNo way are you trying out.โ€ She snickered.

โ€œWhat-what why?โ€ I stuttered.

โ€œYou wanna know a secret, Aries, one that Gemini never told you,โ€ she said, leaning back in her chair. โ€œYour friend Gemini? Is our rival in taroting. For all I know, you might be undercover to see what we do differently.โ€ I was astonished. I didnโ€™t know Gemini had an altar taroting group.

โ€œOh come on Ro, I swear I didnโ€™t even know she tarots!โ€ Horoscope wrote something on her clipboard.

โ€œIf you stop being friends with her, maybe.โ€

โ€œI would never stop being a friend with Gem.โ€

โ€œThen no taroting.โ€

โ€œOk, wait! Is it forever? Or temporary.โ€

โ€œMmmโ€ฆ temporary, just spread a few secrets or rumors about her.โ€ she tilted her head, โ€œNever betrayed a friend before, have you?โ€ I groaned as the bell rang for lunch.



Everyone was sitting there. Leo was eating his food like a dog while Libra was laughing.

โ€œY'all are such idiots.โ€ Scorpio preceded.

I plopped down next to Gemini, who was laughing at something Cancer said.

โ€œCheck it, the FBI said Iโ€™m the most dangerous person ever.โ€ Cancer said somewhat pleased.

โ€œAnd Iโ€™m least dangerous.โ€ Gemini added.

โ€œYou guys want to play a game.โ€ They all nod.

โ€œBasically just tell me who youโ€™d be in a horror movie.โ€

โ€œIโ€™d be the one to find everyone dead.โ€ Taurus smiles.

โ€œIโ€™d be the one to find out who the killer is.โ€ said Gemini pretending to shoot a gun.

โ€œThe one who says โ€˜Hello?โ€™โ€ Cancer says, rolling her eyes.

โ€œIโ€™d be the one who snapped and goes on a killing spree.โ€ Capricorn admits.

โ€œIโ€™d be the one to end this game cause it sucks.โ€ Scorpio glared. We all sighed, and I looked at Gemini.

โ€œI need to uh tell ya something Gem.โ€ I gulped.

โ€œOooo Aries got a crushhhhh.โ€ Capricorn chanted.

โ€œI do not. What's our deal anyway Crapricorn?โ€ Everyone shrunk back.ย 

โ€œExcuse me? Oh yeah, rolling your eyes? Keep doing that maybe youโ€™ll find a brain back there.โ€ Pisces tapped him, but he turned away from her.

โ€œOh wow, you think you're all that, you're as important as a white crayon!โ€ย 

โ€œBruh, guys chillax.โ€ Sagittarius laughed. The bell rang and everyone sped off except for Gem.ย 

โ€œSo what ya need to tell me?โ€ She smiled.

I sighed,and my mouth opened but nothing came out.

โ€œNevermind.โ€ I got up raced to P.E dreading it every step of the way. When I strolled into the locker room Venus and Saturn were at my locker giggling.

โ€œCan I help you?โ€ I questioned. They both jumped and looked at each other nervously.

โ€œNope.โ€ Saturn chuckled.

โ€œWhat did you do?โ€ I groaned. I popped open my locker and looked through my stuff.

I turned to them and they were gone.ย 

โ€œBroโ€ฆโ€ They were so suspicious. My phone went, KKRRRRRRR. I pulled it out and put it on vibrate as quickly as I could. I could see a notification at the top and clicked on it. Instagram pulled up and showed me a post from ImHotterThanTheSun โ€œAries hates Gemini. She was talking to Horo all about it. She was going off about how Gemini didnโ€™t deserve to be taroting or plain alive. Sheโ€™s only friends with her because she feels sorry for her. For how dumb and stupid, and ugly she is.โ€ What. Excuse me-I donโ€™t hate-I looked around before pulling on the lopsided gym shorts for class. After a short while, I walked to the bike racks outside. I donโ€™t understand why lunch for me and my friends is in the seventh period. Pisces was trying to grab his bike.

โ€œHeyโ€ฆโ€ he murmured.

โ€œMmmโ€ฆโ€ I answered.

โ€œI saw the postโ€ฆ you didnโ€™t really say that, did you?โ€ I sighed.ย 

โ€œYou even know I wouldnโ€™t say that.โ€ I gripped the handlebars and hopped on. Pisces hopped onto his bike and talked. โ€œSorry about Capricorn, you know she meant nothing.โ€ We rode through the musty street.ย 

โ€œBut I donโ€™t like Gemini. At least not like thatโ€ฆ ImHotterThanTheSun had no right to just invade my business like that, I canโ€™t believe Venus and Saturn.โ€ It was a silent ride back home. When we arrived at my home Pisces turned back around so he could take the right turn to where he lived.



The next day at school, I was a total wreck. I had on a gray sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. Everyone in the hall was laughing at me. I donโ€™t understand why you laugh at someone for that. Itโ€™s not like I uploaded a video of me getting my braces taking out (which was horrific.). I slid towards first period, then second, then third, then fourth, when I realized Gem was in my fourth.

โ€œHey Gem.โ€ I said in my most cheerful voice. She was talking to someone else. โ€œShe thinks that Iโ€™m bad at taroting and Iโ€™m ugly. Iโ€™ve always thought she was pretty, but I guess not.โ€ Gem turned around and her face was pale then red then pale again. I sat down at my desk, two seats to the right of the row in front of her. I was happy I at least aced my English paper. I waited till after school to walk up to Gem.

โ€œIโ€™m sorry I didnโ€™t mean to talk about you like that.โ€

โ€œIt's fine...I got carried away with taroting that I forgot about you, and Iโ€™m never gonna get into Horoโ€™s group.

โ€œWhat about me? Join the Union Chronicles!ย Itโ€™ll be so fun.โ€ I raised my eyebrow then nodded.

โ€œAnd about what Crapricorn said. Do you like me?โ€

โ€œNope. I donโ€™t think I ever will. Just besties.โ€

โ€œYou sure.โ€

โ€œIโ€™m telling ya. I donโ€™t like you.โ€


November 18, 2020 14:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

14:26 Nov 18, 2020

Great story! It was a w e s o m e!

Reply

Thank you I haven't posted in a long timeee. I thought this story would be trash. It was supposed to be for last weeks story the betray thingamajig. I was gonna do that one but the deadline came and I posted it for this one instead.

Reply

15:42 Nov 18, 2020

It's really great, and I loved it! Mine was supposed to go under alien marketplace one, but it got submitted under the wrong prompt :P

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:26 Nov 18, 2020

I dont have much to say besides that I liked that you made it about the zodiacs and all of that, I don't think anyone has done that yet. I'll go and give it a 10/10 :)

Reply

Thanks it just sorta popped into my mind. The rough draft was rough. 0-0 but yeah thanks B.W!

Reply

B. W.
21:00 Nov 18, 2020

ya gonna make another part?

Reply

course. I just change it from a different character's point of view each time.

Reply

B. W.
22:54 Nov 18, 2020

yay ^^ i say pisces

Reply

Show 0 replies

I might do pisces or gemini which one? edit: I'm gonna altar between Reedsy Editor and Reedsy Prompts

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:52 Dec 07, 2020

Goshhhh super-duper creative! Love it. Keep writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.