89 comments

Funny Drama

"Can you keep a secret?" Amany asks me. I think to myself. Obviously I want to say yes, because who doesn't want to know their best friends secret. But, I think again. Am I really capable of keeping a secret that will probably make me burn up inside because of how badly I want to let it out. Can I, Crystal, be a knight in shining armor and keep the beast tamed? Well, yes, I believe I can. WAIT! I remember once my friend Janna asked me to keep a secret and I didn't. Oh, and what about the time I spilled who Julia's crush was.

"Hello?!?! Crystal? I asked a simple question. I wasn't expecting you making it seem this big!"

"Shush Amany. I'm trying to concentrate!"

"Chill Crystal. I didn't know the genius needed her peace and quiet just to say whether or not she can keep a simple secret."

Hmmm. So she is waiting for me to say if I can keep her secret. But, she never said for how long. Should I ask? No, because by asking she is implying that I must keep it forever. What if I say I can keep it, then whisper it when no ones around. Wait no, I remember hearing a story about this King Named Midas who had long ears grow because of how bad he was, and his barber whispered into a hole in the dirt the Kings secret, and then turns out a plant grew and the secret got in the wind. Amany will never forgive me if that happened. Well, I have to do the only logical thing that this 5 hour train of thought has lead me to.

"No Amany, I can't keep your secret."

"Ok, whatever. Lets go watch some videos at my house."

"Sounds like a plan!"

Wait, so if she doesn't care enough than that means that this is a small meaningless secret. Maybe, just maybe, I can keep it!

"Wait Amany! I think I can keep this secret!"

"You sure?"

"Yes, I am sure!"

"Ok. The secret is..."

"Yes?"

"I am going to be moving schools at the end of this school year."

"WHAT?!?!"

I pull out my phone to post this everywhere. That's when Amany gets worried.

"CRYSTAL! You aren't going to post this, correct?"

"Uh... Maybe? Oh come on! Why don't you want anyone to know!"

"Because I just don't want anyone to know! That's my decision!"

She has a point. But still! I want everyone to know! Ugh, what do I do? What do I do?!?! I never should've said I could keep this secret!

"Fine! I wont post that your moving schools at the end of the year! But can't we at least tell some of our close friends?"

"Why did I trust you. No one means no one. Why can't you understand that?"

"Well you kind of brought this upon yourself by asking if you can trust me..."

Oh no! I can't believe I just said that! Now she is probably gonna get so mad and storm off! I have to fix this!

"Uh, I am so sorr... Wait why are you laughing? Are you making fun of me or something?!?!"

"No, your just reminding me of myself when I first found out I was moving schools! The thing is, I am moving to a private school! So, my parents said not to tell people because I got accepted to it, and if anyone else had applied, they will feel heart-broken when they hear the news!"

Hm. Her parents thought things through. I should try being more like them.

"Oh, ok! That makes a LOT of sense now. Your parents really thought things through, huh?"

"They actually said that once the letter came in the mail! Its common sense! I thought you of all people would understand."

I... I am heart broken now. How could she go against me, and say that I should've understood.

*sniff* "I understood from the beginning! You just wont accept that!"

UGH! I really know how to ruin a fun night. First I pin the blame on Amany, and now I'm saying she is rude! What kind of mess did I drag myself into?!?! Ugh, if only I could go back in time and fix this mess I've made! Wait, that's it! I'll fix up this mess right now!

Hey, I'm sorry for being so stubborn, rude, and whatever else you wish to label me as. I know it was wrong of me, and I wont ever do it again!... is what I would say. But, she will think I'm some cliché girl that is trying to fix a problem by quickly pushing it away by saying "sorry". I have to say something from the heart! No, that's even more cliché...

"Uh, sorry I made such a big fuss when I told you your secret will be safe with me. I wont tell anyone! Unless, obviously you tell me I can!"

"Its fine! I assumed this would happen. Anyways, wanna hear another secret?"

"Ya sure!"

"ITS A PRANK! HAHAHA!!!"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS AMANY! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! GET OVER HERE"

"LAST ONE TO MY HOUSE IS A ROTTEN EGG!"

Ha. I knew things would be fine. Next time though, I'm not going to let myself go through such torture! At least, not that easily or over something from Amany!

-They arrive at Amany's house-

"Hey Amany. So, you sure this was all a prank?"

"Of course! I wouldn't leave you!"

Phew, what a relief! At least now I can have fun with her knowing it wont be one of the last times! What, I have an idea. What if I prank her the same way she pranked me? That would be so funny, and worth it! I just need to wait a few minutes, pretend to get a text message, and then prank her!

-Crystal waits until they start watching a show, and pretends to get a text message.-

Ok, I have to wait a few second, and pretend I am reading the message. Now time for a shocked face.

"What's wrong Crystal?"

"Amany... Can you keep a secret?"

August 20, 2020 23:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

89 comments

Amany Sayed
00:08 Aug 21, 2020

Great job Hawraa! Yay, you finally posted :) Oop, I would read it over again cuz you missed some punctuation. But other than that it was really funny and I loved it. Thanks for using my name lol. Ps to those reading this, Ik this girl irl...

Reply

Crystal ★
13:15 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much Amany! I'll make sure to go over punctuation next time before posting!

Reply

Amany Sayed
13:15 Aug 21, 2020

Npppp

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amany Sayed
19:53 Aug 28, 2020

YOu already know my answer, but TIMMIES ALL THE WAY!

Reply

Crystal ★
14:53 Aug 30, 2020

lol ofc i know

Reply

Amany Sayed
14:54 Aug 30, 2020

Hai😂😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
00:03 Aug 21, 2020

This is so good! I liked the prank part, and the 'can you keep a secret' at the end. Such a good story especially for your first story (what can I say I've only written one too). I really enjoyed it, and can't wait to see more!

Reply

Crystal ★
13:17 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much Sarah! I tried to make my first story more on the funny side, because I don't believe I am skilled enough to make a series, or at least another part or two. Once I have a moment I will definitely check out your story!

Reply

. .
03:12 Aug 22, 2020

Thanks, after reading your story all I can say is YES, YES you are skilled enough to write a series. Sometimes stories with a bit of humour are the best, because well if you make someone smile you've basically completed what a story is meant to do, and this made me smile!

Reply

Crystal ★
14:37 Aug 22, 2020

Thank you so much for this awesome reply! When you said that you had smiled from my story, I had a sudden urge to write another, and to continue to bring a bright smile on someone's face every once in a while! Once again, thank you SO much for this awesome reply and feedback! :D

Reply

. .
00:52 Aug 23, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
00:53 Aug 26, 2020

ARE YOU AMANY'S FRIEND? God I've been looking all over for you! I'll follow you right now so I don't forget. Nice story, I liked the dialougue. It was charming and felt really accurate.

Reply

Crystal ★
01:13 Aug 26, 2020

Why did Amany tell everyone about me lol. Ya I'm her friend lol. Imma follow you back! Thank you so much for these kind words by the way! :D

Reply

Sunny 🌼
01:26 Aug 26, 2020

You're welcome. Oh and Amany talked about you in her bio.

Reply

Crystal ★
02:11 Aug 26, 2020

Ofc she did lol. :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
17:54 Aug 21, 2020

wut happenes if i write 1k words of just randomness as like a chat story lol

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:56 Aug 21, 2020

wut? lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Crystal ★
17:55 Aug 21, 2020

hmmm

Reply

Crystal ★
17:56 Aug 21, 2020

amany thats ur que to respond smh

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:58 Aug 21, 2020

I didddd smhhhh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Crystal ★
18:00 Aug 21, 2020

amany im waitin for ur line..

Reply

Crystal ★
18:00 Aug 21, 2020

any time now

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:01 Aug 21, 2020

I REPLIED WHATDFH;ALWITHERILJ SMHHHH

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Crystal ★
13:45 Aug 21, 2020

EVERYONE PARTY TIME AMANY IS NOW IN 8TH PLACE ON THE LEADER BOARD!

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:41 Aug 21, 2020

YASSSS PARTY INDEED

Reply

Crystal ★
17:47 Aug 21, 2020

ur so late smh

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:48 Aug 21, 2020

Stop bullying me

Reply

Crystal ★
17:49 Aug 21, 2020

ur bullying meh tho

Reply

Crystal ★
17:50 Aug 21, 2020

nd dont frget to upvote my comments ;D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
17:48 Aug 21, 2020

oop u said indeed >:( thats meh thing :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:49 Aug 21, 2020

Actually, it's mine, you stole it from me, don't you remember 😂

Reply

Crystal ★
17:49 Aug 21, 2020

did not nuh lie

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
13:41 Aug 21, 2020

Thanks to everyone for the support! I look forward to writing more!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
03:11 Aug 21, 2020

Hi Crystal! Sia here. Amany mentioned you a lot! I loved this story, I need a part 2!!!!! Would you mind checking out a few of my stories? If you could tell me your fav. Genre I could suggest a few of my stories.

Reply

Crystal ★
13:23 Aug 21, 2020

HI Sia! Thank you so much! I'll definitely think about a possible part 2. Honestly, I believe I should hire Amany as a manager or something because of how many people she got to support me lol! I will definitely check out your stories once I have a moment! I will probably say they are all my favorite but ill try to choose one! Once again thank you!

Reply

Sia S
14:00 Aug 21, 2020

Welcome! lol 😆 Thanks for checking my stories!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:25 Aug 21, 2020

Wow, GREAT first story! I loved the reveal that it was a prank, and how you used you and Amany as main characters. (Or at least, your names [I mean—I know Crystal isn’t your real name—but—dang I’m confusing myself 😁] Awesome job, and keep writing, you’re amazing at it! ~Aerin!!!! (P. S. I replied to a comment by Celeste TO you, but then I remembered you wouldn’t receive it. So here it is!: Yup! Amany has mentioned you several tiiiimes. So, you’re a year younger than her, you skipped 6th grade math (just like me ;)) and you’re her best fr...

Reply

Crystal ★
13:19 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much! I will definitely continue to write more on here, and I'll check out your stories once I have a moment! Amany has told me about you guys being friends! I hope we can be friends as well! :D

Reply

13:27 Aug 21, 2020

No problem! Thanks. Yess!

Reply

Show 0 replies
21:49 Aug 21, 2020

Hi, Crystal! I love your new bio! A couple things to say: 1. Yessss I love anime! Do you watch Avatar: The Last Airbender? 2. Haha, I’m also doing a class with a grade above 😆. For me, that’s algebra with 17th graders (I’m 11, just so you know) 3. Hmm...I don’t know. Oh! Just so you know, I just posted a new story, if you wouldn:t mind checking it out! 🤩 Okay, that’s it! Bye! ~Aerin P. S. Just upvoted all these comments of yours so you should have more karma points 😁

Reply

Crystal ★
23:54 Aug 21, 2020

Hey Aerin! Thanks! 1. Anime is my lifeeeee. I finished Avatar: The Last Airbender last week for probably the 3rd or 4th time lol. 2. Oh, good for you! I'm going to be doing Algebra 2 with ninth graders, which is scary because my district has some weird rule that if you do high school classes without being a 9th 10th 11th or 12th grader, you have to do 2 classes there. So I have to do Algebra 2 and Biology. So ya. I am 12 btw. 3. I will go check out your story right now! Thats all the answersss! Bye! - Hawraa(aka Crystal) Btw tysm for u...

Reply

00:10 Aug 22, 2020

Haha, no problem! Yessss I LOVE Avatar. Do you know the spin-off, the Legend of Korra? It’s the avatar in their next life—a water bender named Korra. It’s on Netflix, and my sister and I are watching it! Soooo good!

Reply

Crystal ★
00:11 Aug 22, 2020

I have heared of The Legend of Korra, but Avatar isn't the type of anime I like to binge watch much. I like japenese anime way more lol. Mostly shonin, which is like fighting ones lol.

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Pragya Rathore
08:06 Aug 26, 2020

Beautifully written! Do you and Amany know each other personally? Your bios are eerily similar... Your story was great! The characters were amazing. The dialogue was realistic and engaging. My favorite part was: "So, my parents said not to tell people because I got accepted to it, and if anyone else had applied, they will feel heart-broken when they hear the news!" Great job! Please check out my story and please leave a 'detailed comment'! :)

Reply

Crystal ★
14:15 Aug 26, 2020

Thank you! Ya, me and Amany are best friends in real life, and she was the one that told me about Reedsy! Thank you so much for these kind words! I will be sure to check out your story, and I will leave a detailed comment if needed(u never know, your story might be so awesome)! :D

Reply

Amany Sayed
20:00 Aug 26, 2020

**Cough cough I think you mean sisters?

Reply

Crystal ★
20:09 Aug 26, 2020

*thats somethin that we keep to ourself amany. no one will understand our sisterhood lol*

Reply

Amany Sayed
20:10 Aug 26, 2020

😂💛

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Pragya Rathore
18:14 Aug 21, 2020

Great job, Crystal! (I've never actually met someone with that name :p) This story was really interesting. And the protagonist's name was Amany! This is the most creative interpretation of this prompt that I've seen yet. Amazing job!

Reply

Crystal ★
18:42 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much Pragya! I tried to follow the prompt, but at the same time, bend around it. So, I decided to make it funny!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
15:05 Aug 21, 2020

Wow, cool first story! I loved it! Great job!

Reply

Crystal ★
15:54 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much Avery! I hope you continue writing stories! :D

Reply

Avery G.
16:26 Aug 21, 2020

You're welcome! You too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:36 Sep 12, 2020

I have a new story out. After writer's block. Would you mind checking it out ?

Reply

Crystal ★
20:39 Sep 12, 2020

Sure thing!

Reply

Sia S
05:33 Sep 13, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
02:31 Aug 23, 2020

This was such a fun story to read! The dialogue exchanges were so entertaining, I was so intrigued to know what was going to happen next! Amazing work. :)

Reply

Crystal ★
15:14 Aug 23, 2020

Thank you so much! I appreciate these kind words! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
נιмму 🤎
00:19 Aug 21, 2020

liked how it ended the way it began. I like your description crystals thoughts. And the prank thing was such a relief. Amany has told me a lot about you! Hope we can be reedsy friends bro

Reply

00:24 Aug 21, 2020

Yup! Amany has mentioned you several tiiiimes. So, you’re a year younger than her, you skipped 6th grade math (just like me ;)) and you’re her best friend? Hehe...as Celeste said, hope we can be Reedsy frieeends!

Reply

Amany Sayed
13:28 Aug 21, 2020

haha, sorry, my bad she's my unbiological sisterrrr :)

Reply

Crystal ★
13:29 Aug 21, 2020

Thats more like it AMANY

Reply

13:31 Aug 21, 2020

Haha okay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:31 Aug 21, 2020

Got it 😎

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Amany Sayed
01:46 Aug 21, 2020

lemme go yell at her to answer comments smh

Reply

01:53 Aug 21, 2020

Haha 🤣 (Wow...look at me...I laughed then use the emoji...um...)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Crystal ★
13:19 Aug 21, 2020

Thats exactly what you did Amany.

Reply

Amany Sayed
13:21 Aug 21, 2020

Mhm, and you told me you had to go eAT YOU LYER! jk, at least you're listening to me :)

Reply

Crystal ★
13:27 Aug 21, 2020

Nd I oop. Meh toast is heating up cuz MY BROTHER BROKE THE TOASTER SOMEHOW so i need to put it in a pan smh. So ya I came here to respond to comments.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Crystal ★
13:25 Aug 21, 2020

Yessir. Amany knows her facts correctly. EXCEPT FOR DA BEST FRIEND D: Amany tell them the real label of our relationship xD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Crystal ★
13:20 Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much! Amany has also told me a lot about you! I'll be sure to go through your stories when I have a moment, and I hope we can all be friends! :D

Reply

13:31 Aug 21, 2020

😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.