The Fall of Ember Kingdom Side Story The Missing Heart

Submitted into Contest #37 in response to: Write a story about a valuable object that goes missing.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

It had been so week since Kimberly had been killed and he still hasn't told his Little Elias. He had been gathering gems for his mother for the entirety of the week she had been killed full of joy that one day his mommy would come home and see his gem collection. 




He had avoided Yeter'el because he was just as hurt over Kimberly's death as he was. If the two of them got together Yeter'el would turn into a wolf and howl bringing Egan to tears. He sat at her vanity staring at her brushes and Combs. She was killed by Traitors who sought to frame Yeter'el for the crime. It was a brutal death, one worthy of a creature but they didn't count on Yeter'el being able to hear her scream one last time. They had found her unmoving and her killers had ripped open her chest. Yeter'el moved quickly, paralysis coming over each of her attackers from his poisoned claws. Egan had walked to her, his Kimberly. Her heart...was missing. He whirled to her killers his sword made of his Kindly King Aura, only more slick and deadly. He demanded they give him her heart but they were speaking nonsense. 


They said after they killed her and began to open her chest something flashed. Whatever it was it exploded from her and disappeared into the air. Fed up Egan hissed at Yeter'el to gather each and everyone of their family members and bring them to him forcefully. Yeter'el obliged him and mercilessly hunted down each of their families being even the children. 


"My Name is Kindly King Egan!" He roared at everyone who had been terrified by Yeter'el and brought to him. "Because of these men-! Look!" He demanded of them all. The children screamed in horror as did wives brothers , sisters and parents of this group of men.


"My name is Kindly King Egan. But THAT was my Wife! Mother of my Children. She was pregnant when she was taken and now she has no child and her Heart is Missing! Yeter'el do you smell any more traitors?" He asked. Yeter'el sniffed them all and brought seventeen more men and families. He tied the fellow  conspiracy members after terrifying them as well. The courtyard of Mystical Needs was full of traitors and killers along with their Worthless Families.


"You see, I didn't get my name from what you originally may have thought. My Father is Wroclaw. He was one of the Most Brutal Men ever to Rule Ember. He trained me and my Title of Kindly King Egan was earned from my merciful punishments to criminals. I have no compassion left for these men. As their families, you all carry their sin. To Atone for the Death of My Wife and Unborn child… I will have No Mercy for anyone in attendance. As King of Ember, I offer these rotten Humans for the health of yourself King of Creatures Yeter'el. Please leave no evidence of their existence." He bowed his head to the tall man who had scared them. 


The man smiled such a hungry smile and turned into a creature cross between a wolf and demon. His eyes went ice blue and he began eating the children first, moving to their mothers and then to their brothers and sisters ending with eating their fathers and mother's for last. The screams continued with each bloodthirsty bite King Yeter'el took. He quickly killed the children eating them in one go. He took his time with their mothers and tore apart the uncle's and sisters. When he had gotten to the last parent all twenty seven traitors were crying and pleading for Egan to stop the Creature King from eating their families. Egan had turned to them, his eyes flashing his green aura. He created a deep green sword before walking up to the first conspiracy member. 


"Where is Kimberly's Heart?" He hissed.


"I don't know-" Egan ripped his heart out and moved on to the next asking the same question. When he didn't say anything about her heart he took his. He continued with the process until he was in front of the conspiracy leader. His sword had each heart stacked along the blade. Egan's eyes held no mercy.


"There's just enough room on my blade for a twenty seventh heart. Whaddya say hmm? What did you do with Kimberly's Heart?" He growled lowly. 


"Kindly King Egan, Please! Please! We haven't anything to do with the Missing Heart of your wife. We were all responsible for her death, yes! Please now live to your name! Please!! Everyone I've loved you have killed. Please have mercy upon me My King!" 


"Pathetic." Yeter'el spat.


"You know Yeter'el he's right. Twenty six deaths along with their families are fresh on my hands. And you've had a hearty meal. I think I will call our friend to deal with this one." Egan said with a horrific smile on his face. 


"Soul. Could you make an appearance my friend?" Egan said as Yeter'el burped. A red hooded figure showed up. He pulled down his good to reveal a snow white colored head and deep red irises and black pupils. 


"Egan. My my you've increased.my population over three percent in one night and you call me to the surface. Whatever is the matter- oh God. Is that Kimberly?! Why is her heart missing. Without all of her, her soul will never reach my Kingdom!"  He cried. Then his eyes landed on the conspiracy leader. "Oh me oh my… Tell me Egan… the twenty six families that landed in my kingdom and the twenty six who landed directly in my throne room. Did they kill Kimberly?" He asked.


"Yes."


"Ah. So Kindly King Egan left the building. Ruthless Son of Worclaw came home for this night. But even so, why is this one still in the flesh?" Soul asked.


"I offer you a live offering for your lovely wife Spirit. I hear she does well on the wicked flesh of blackened hearted men." Egan said and the ghost of a gasp left the fool on the pavement. 


"Yes, Spirit needs to up her food intake and I humbly accept this tasty offering for her Egan. Burn the twenty six hearts Egan and have Yeter'el take their rotten corpses to the Creature Lands. They will provide excellent food for the creatures. However this one," those red and black eyes looked at the fool before Soul pulled his good over his head only his eyes shined, "Will be a wonderful dinner for my lovely Spirit. Good doing business with you, Kindly King Egan." Soul and the man were gone. He ignitied his sword turning the hearts to Ash as Yeter'el transported the other twenty six to the Creature Lands.


"Yeter'el...take her to the morgue in the castle." 


Ever since then Egan had been in his room looking at Kimberly's things. His eyes caught a flash and a woman was standing in his mirror. 


"Who are you? The hell you doing in my mirror?!" He demanded. 


"King Egan of Ember Kingdom. I am Ashten of The Tlyxisp Wilds.we have something that belongs to you." She said holding up a crystalized heart. Kimberly stood next to her. The woman passed it through the mirror. 


"Remember to bury her heart placed in her chest. It will beat until she is returned to her body. Good evening, Kindly King Egan." She said and his mirror went back to normal. Egan quickly headed to her grave and used his magic to lift the dirt on top of her and open the casket. He placed her frozen heart back into her chest and it thawed before slowly stop beating.her chest knitted back together and she gave one last breath. Egan buried her once more and went to his room. He threw himself onto his bed and cried again.


*Original story posted on my Amino Writers Page .

April 13, 2020 22:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.