4 comments

Mystery

I stole from a bank. That's what everybody was saying about me. Of course, it's not true. Let me explain why everybody thought that. I was at the ATM, minding my own business when someone came strolling in. Now I'm not going to say that she looked exactly like me, but she looked pretty similar. We had the same long brown hair, she was wearing a light red shirt and I was wearing a pink shirt. But yes our eyes and nose were the same. Her lips were a bit thinner than mine though. The only things that were exactly the same were our combat boots. Now combat boots are LIFE so I'm not too surprised that we had the exact same ones. So YES. We looked pretty similar. You would expect that she said the cliché line of "Give me all the money, or I'll shoot!", but she didn't. She walked over to the receptionist and handed her a note. I REALLY want to say how I noticed the note somehow and called the police, and became a mini hero. But I was completely oblivious. Now you may be wondering, if you were just at the ATM, how do you know all of this? Well, I was you know glancing back and forth just waiting for the money to come out. After I heard everything that has happened, I just put two and two together. Just so you know this happened relatively fast. Now, this girl was wearing a beanie that went up to the bottom of her forehead and a scarf going all the way to the very top of her nose. I gotta hand it to her. She was pretty prepared. She handed the note to the receptionist. Her eyes opened widely and she mutely nodded. Now you may be asking, why didn't she just say no? After everything was good with the cops, (which I will be explaining later) I did some research. Apparently, banks are obliged to give the robber the money because they don't want to deal with someone injured. And I'm not saying it's easy to rob a bank because eventually you'll still get caught. Or have your look-a-like get in the trouble for you. The robber with a very nice taste of boots walked out of the store triumphantly holding a moderate-sized bag. Now you may be confused as to why a 15-year-old is at the ATM. Well first of all stop asking questions, it's getting annoying, and second of all, I GOT MY DEBIT CARD!! OH YEAH!! OH YEAH!! *ahem* Continuing, I finished getting my twenty dollars and went to get some food. Now our mall is quite big, so yes there was a McDonalds in it. I used a dollar to buy a cheeseburger. After I finished the delicious cheesy goodness, I was about to walk out of the store, but then the receptionist from the bank yelled, "THAT'S HER!!" I assumed that she was talking about the girl who robbed the bank because you know she robbed the bank and I had just realized that oh shoot, somebody robbed a bank! But I didn't want to get caught up in all the police stuff so I left it alone, and I stared at where she was pointing. Directly at me? Oh no! This must have been a mistake, I thought to myself. So I walked over to the police and tried to explain. And then he was just like, "You can do all your explaining at the police station. And here I thought the police were nice!

So I rode to the police station with handcuffs on and sitting on a very hard chair. I sat down at a table in a small-ish room. I called it the Interrogation Area, also known as IA. As I thought of more names, I began to snicker quietly. After waiting for a good 11 minutes, a different police officer came in. She started asking me questions like why I stole the money.  By the way, I was in a sour mood for being at the police station so that's why I might sound a little rude, and my mom and dad will probably freak out and ground me for the rest of my life because I had to go to a police station even though it wasn't me who stole the money. This is practically how the conversation went.

Officer: Hello

Me: Hey

Officer: So why did you steal the money?

Me: I didn't.

Officer: Well, that's what Sheira said.

Me: I don't know who that is.

Officer: She's the receptionist.

Me: Nice.

Officer: So why did you steal the money?

Me: I didn't.

Officer: Ok then who did?

Me: Some girl that looks like me.

Officer: Really.

Me: Yup *scratches dirt off nail*

Officer: Okay.

Me: Okay can I go now?

Officer: Not yet.

Me: I'm hungry though.

Officer: I'll get your food after okay?

Me: Fine.

Officer: Do you have parents?

Me: *stares in shock*

Officer: I mean are your parents here?

Me: I mean, I don't see them.

Officer: Are they at home?

Me: Think so.

Officer: Okay, I'll talk to them after.

Me: OK

Officer: You say you didn't take the money right?

Me: That is what I said.

Officer: Ok can you explain what happened.

Me: Well this girl that looked like me and had really nice boots came and gave a note to "Sheira" probably saying that she should give them money. And then she walked out.

Officer: Where were you?

Me: I was getting money from the ATM and then I finished like a minute after she left and then I got a cheeseburger from McDonald's and I ate it-.

Officer: Where are you going with this?

Me: Let me finish!

Officer: Okay I'm listening.

Me: Good.

Officer: Continue, please.

Me: I was going to!

Officer: Yes, I know.

Me: Whatever, so then I walked out of the store and then Sheira was with this police officer and then she yelled, "THAT'S HER!" So obviously since it wasn't me, I assumed that she was talking about someone in the bank who... actually robbed the bank and then she was pointing at me, so I walked over to the police trying to explain that I did nothing! But he didn't listen for some reason, which I thought was very rude. Then I had to put on HANDCUFFS and they really hurt my wrists and then I had to sit on the really hard chair.

Officer: I see.

Me: See what?

Officer: I'm going to call your parents so I can chat with them and then they can take you home.

Me: Why do you want to chat with them?

Officer: For reasons. Now, wait here until your parents come.

Me: You said that you would give me food!

Officer: Oh right!

Me: Okay so where is it?

Officer: Just wait, I'll get you something from the vending machine.

Me: YAY!

Officer: Wait here.

Me: You already said that.

Officer: Sorry. I'll be right back.

Me: *mumbles quietly* Just get it already.

So I got food. And the police officer talked to my parents. Everything was figured out after they watched the security cameras. Now that I've told you what actually happened let me tell you how the rumor actually started. The next day, I told my friend Eliza about it. Eliza is a BIG gossip so she told someone else about it. She thought that I still stole from a bank because Eliza was talking so fast. Then she told everybody and that's how the rumor started. That's how typical rumors start, isn't it? I only figured out that the words got twisted up after the shy boy came up to me and asked if I really stole from a bank. I never noticed this guy. He was really cute. Sorry, I'm getting off track here. I told him the truth and he smiled widely. "I didn't think you would steal from a bank. You're too nice for that," he said. I learned his name was Max. He asked me if he could tell everybody the truth. And he did. He's really nice. I think I might have a crush on him.

Everything's okay now that Max told everyone. He's now my boyfriend and I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Ugh. I just realized I hadn't mentioned my name. Well just so you know, it's Emily. PEACE OUT!

April 17, 2020 18:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Cyan Villanueva
14:03 Apr 23, 2020

This was really entertaining! Had a comedic sense to it. The line “Well first of all stop asking questions, it's getting annoying” made me laugh.

Reply

Tayyibah Adelaja
18:06 Apr 23, 2020

I try to make all my stories funny in some sort of even though the situation is not very humorous

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rowan Torgerson
20:05 Apr 17, 2023

Hello, how are you this story was extremely horrendously extravagant and you know what cyan villanueva nobody asked. Your face is funny!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tayyibah Adelaja
04:38 Apr 18, 2020

Wow, I comment on my own stories. How sad. Anyways, I hope it isn't weird how most of the story was about what actually happened and not the rumor. Anyhoodle please tell me if you like it! Love y'all!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.