0 comments

General

Once upon in my future I was walking down a leaf-strewn path. I assumed it was Spring, the King of all seasons. Though the motion set before me was so vivid that I wanted to believe that it was real, yet it was not. There was a loud rap on my door. “Mam your delivery is here!” A robot voice cried. Yeah it is right Robots are employed to deliver food at customer's homes. I ordered my flying saucer to come and pick me. It obediently arrived and swooshed me to the door. I opened the door. 'A voice electronically polished to such perfection that all humanity had been drained from it'.

“Mam please just give us your fingerprint and the pizza is yours!” The robot instructed. I meekly followed its command. I gave my fingerprint on its sensor. “Thank you Mam we appreciate your cooperation.” It cried in its heavy modulated voice. I nodded, not taking notice of its meaning. Life seems a lot easy when you don’t even have to get up. People in the past would define it as lethargy and encourage you to do exercise. “Exercise what a boring notion.” I thought to myself. This is life.

There was a book that lay on her shelf. Where did it come from? She picked it up nevertheless.

‘Racism the history of climate change’ The title read. “Uh climate change who believes in it? My grandmother used to tell me monotonous tales of such global crises but I don’t think it is a crisis. Her glance shot towards the book cover, oh a cute koala. What type of creature would it be? Well let’s find out. She flicked to page number 262. When she finally arrived on the page she scrutinized the text as if to gobble it down. 

Year = 2019

Accident = the wildfire of Australia

Before reading further she struggled with the term wildfire. However, she shrugged her shoulders and continued to read. 

The 2019–20 Australian bushfire season, colloquially known as the Black Summer, began with several serious uncontrolled fires in June 2019. Throughout the summer, hundreds of fires burned, mainly in the southeast of the country. Humans are the real culprits. As she was to turn the next page she saw a struggling koala in the photograph. A tear threatened to come out. At least 350 koalas are feared killed as bush fires continue to burn in the eastern part of Australia. As of November 19, 2019, the fires had also taken at least four human lives, and torched about 1 million hectares (2.5 million acres) of farmland and bush in New South Wales and Queensland.

How sad? I thought. My heart was now pounding with fear and pain. “What is left in this era?” 

We have destroyed the gift of nature, which was bestowed to us by god.

We were self-centered and selfish, and still we are! Now we are paying the price for what we have done.

Humans never did deserve such a beautiful planet. ‘Why did mother earth ever choose to side with the humans, if she knew what they were capable of?’

These days the world’s famous personalities are based on their wealth and prosperity, and how much bank balance they have. Well this is not the only type of wealth which can exist in this world. Imagine setting your eyes upon a green undulating veld profuse by the bright sunlight and the children of nature humming around it. The melodious sights, the delicate zephyr making the leaves sway. The withered leaves are gone and will pass tonight. Nature is gayer than anything on the moors. In beneficial circumstances nature is a blessed mother. She may be enough for our needs but not to fulfill our greed. The next hour waterfall thundered down surrounding the trees of varying shades. Grass covered the land like a slick. Admiring the thin wispy clouds amid frivolous leaves and twigs reviving their jolly sensations. Unspoiled and pure, the stream escaped through the untouched and nutritious soil that led deeper into the tightly knit trees. The sound of trickling water brings your mind back to peace. Who can abhor such blessings of nature? Isn’t this wealth and prosperity for us ungrateful humans, who spent day and night whining about our own problems. We are the one who are going to bear the loss of deforestation and climate change. We need to think about the upcoming future generations, who will most probably be deprived from the non-renewable resources. These non-renewable resources will be formed in a million years. Is it really important for us to exploit these resources, saving less and taking small steps will lead to great success so next time when you are about to save a little amount of crude oil or coal, just do it. You do not need someone's approval to get started. From today onwards all the humans who care about their future generation, whether it is their children or their grandchildren, we must vow to ourselves to take up your duties and execute them diligently. Respect the environment, making rational use of natural resources and taking steps to prevent pollution from the different processes involved in our industrial operations. Promote the sustainable use of raw materials and natural resources. The right to a safe, healthy and ecologically-balanced environment as a human right in itself, but entails the duty to protection. Accordingly, existing environmental laws should be followed and implemented upon whole-heartedly. 

Follow the three R's reduce, reuse and recycle. Create awareness among other people and promote a message of tranquility. Conserve the water resources including other natural resources. Remember the planet will always start with us. Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.

Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change. In case of coal mines to keep the environment sustainable, the measures should be taken along the scientific lines. Remember these are the steps which will take us to defeat the human crimes.

August 14, 2020 17:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.