7 comments

Funny Drama Romance

I don't get the ideology behind the statement, when people say "My first love".......


Every bright morning fills me with new hope of that one day my love will blossom. My heart, with cold-contempt feelings will turn into spring and the crave for true love which I hid from everyone will be fulfilled.


My name is Eva, my dream is to find my true one, in this world of tinder, Facebook and what not. But it's not the fault of these apps actually, my dream got shattered when I realized, that each boy I have dated is such a playboy. Like people are being so fake that we can't even trust a person, confidently. But I don't have that much hatred against my exes than against Lucas.


Lucas, is just like an accident in my life, which I never want to see again. He is so full of himself. He is the son of my father's business partner and a family friend, we have a well-to-do company. Lucas's father, Brian, is such sweet man. But Lucas is a big plunder on his name. Lucas's mom died a long time back, so my mom gave him the position of his son. Oh hello? No, why mom? Is this an adoption center of assholes like this one kid. My dad(Jake) and his boss are good friends, somehow. So they usually meet us on Sunday. That's why I hate just Sunday's now. Shit! Eva, are you forgetting something? Today is Sunday, my love. I am feeling so shitty.


"EVA, get out of your messy room. We have to go somewhere." My mom, Josie, shouted from downstairs.


"Go somewhere? Isn't it the Adam's( Brian and Lucas surname) that come to meet us?" I shouted back.


"Shut your box of questions, come down fast." Rude, Josie, So rude.


I wore a pink top and black jeans with open hair and sneakers.


We went to this high-class resort, where everyone was dressed up so well and posh, that I felt alienated with my dressing- up sense, but to be honest my clothes were so comfortable.


At last, we met the Adam's, I hugged Brian and slapped Lucas, joking, hitting Lucas in front of my mom is so injurious to my health. I didn't even meet him, he was in his room, Brian told me.


"Eva, darling, go and call your brother." My mother said.


WHAT???? WHEN DID HE BECOME MY BROTHER??? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS RELATION GUYS???? I couldn't argue with her in public so I went up after asking his room number. I knocked at the door. Here, he was with a towel on his waist and 8 pack abs and wet body. I pushed him aside, I was feeling shy.


"Shameless creature, who opens the door when being half-naked? Oops, my bad, it can only be Lucas- the great, cause he has only half-brain." He came closer to me, I am blushing, what is this stupidity, we are supposed to sworn enemies. He can't change my opinions about him.


"You are grown up now, Eva. Stop being childish or else I'll say mom."


"Who's mom?"


"Your mom, obviously."


"WHAT?" When did she become your mom, she isn't properly behaving as my own real mom.


"Fine, whatever. Change fast."


"Should I do it in front of you?"


"No, thanks. I am too lazy to see your strip show, go change in the bathroom."


After bearing Lucas's tantrums and a good family gathering, we were on our way home. It was so cool, breezy and heart- swooning weather, but suddenly the picture of Lucas, riding his bike with his long hair flying here and there in the breeze came into my mind. I was sensing betrayal from my own feelings. Because I had this exact image and reason's why I hate that guy in my life. But now the same image was vanishing and coldness in my heart was withering. No way! Lucas can't be the one, he is the last person I can fall in love with.


For the first few days, I was in state of chaos, making up my mind, clearing my confusions, emotions maybe it is all infatuation. I needed a big break from everything, my parent's, college and even Lucas, I went to our villa which was in the hilly areas. It was a small villa, with required commodities. I was writing my sentiments down and calculating them. Even though, I knew I was just messing things more. And one day, Lucas showed up in my place.


"HI?!" I just stood astonished, so shocked that I couldn't move or speak," It's cold out here, let me in, Eva..."


"Oh, sorry."


"So....Suddenly, what made you leave the worldly affairs and come to such quite place?" He asked me as soon as he entered in and turned towards me.


"You...."


"What?"


"Your stupidity." He laughed and kept his back pack down.


"No, seriously. Why are you here. I didn't call you and ask you to come.?" I asked him in uncertainty.


"I missed you...your taunts." Something suspicious started cooking up between us, right after this small conversation, but we left our words meaningless as it is. The other two-three days, we just enjoyed, we did cooking and burnt things, then did lot of skiing. Clicked pictures together, we were for the first time creating memories. Lucas even being such a notorious teaser was deep down a good guy and I probably knew this. But was constantly ignoring this fact under my ego.


One night before, Lucas was leaving, we sat in front of the chimney, having some wine, light music. I was fulfilling one of my couple goal right at this moment. It was all so nostalgic and romantic feelings. He stood up and forced me to stand up, I did stand up but with hesitation, he held me and all of sudden, we started dancing. I rested my head on his shoulder. We were living our life.


Lucas held my hand and finally confessed,


"I love you, EVA. Maybe I have been loving from a long time. I couldn't wait for you to come back." And he smiled.


"I---I---I want some time. I don't know what to say, we are---" I was so nervous to say anything.

"It's ok. I'll wait. And I am happy at least you didn't reject me, that would have been more weird. Make up your mind, I am all ears. But tomorrow I'll be leaving, as you know." And we continued dancing.

I was so happy with his confession, but downcast at the same time as he was leaving. The next morning, he left with a small peck on my cheeks. My eyes were teary, as now I hated thought of him leaving me. After few hours, I called him to know that if he reached back safely, but he didn't pick. I tried to reach him so many times. I was getting all type of thoughts, is he not answering cause I didn't say a yes? But I believed Lucas, wasn't that fuss creating boy.

So, I called my mom.


"Hey, mom?! Did Lucas reached home?" She was crying, I was becoming more worried.

"MOM, SAY SOMETHING, WHAT'S WRONG?"

"Lucas---Lucas, met into an accident while coming back home. He's in ICU. He told me not to call you."

What? This isn't true, I am dreaming. My world is moving away from me, he can't leave me. I left everything as it is and took a taxi and reached the hospital. I didn't care about a thing, my heart was in pain because Lucas was in pain. I was screaming in my inner thoughts, why me? why, why, why me? Please, god. Why Lucas? Why our love? I fell down on my feet and my mom got hold of me.

I looked up towards Brian, he was motionless and not a small drop of tear was coming out of his eyes, as if he was dead from inside.

"Where's the doctor?" I asked my mom, she just moved her head.

"Where's the doctor? Where's Lucas? Dad, you can answer me, can't you. Why is no one answering me??" The doctor came out of the ICU. I grabbed his shoulder.

"How's he doctor, how's he? He is a fighter, nothing can harm him. He is safe right? Answer me." Doctor was seeing my helpless condition.

"I beg you, please give me my Lucas back safely, doctor. I can't live without him." Brian, held my hand and gave me support. Doctor said in a low voice.

"His internal bleeding was heavy. The condition was very critical to handle, while doing the surgery. But you are right, child. He is a fighter, he fought hard during operation. He made it out alive. But still he will take sometime to recover fully. He will be fine." Will be fine, was honestly the thing that I needed. I went into the room in which he was admitted. My dad, mom and Brian went home, they were tired, it was a hectic sorrowful day for them.


"You liar, you said you'll wait. Here you are lying, ignoring me. I don't care how much time, Lucas, you have to wake up. Stop teasing and annoying me, by being in such a condition." Tears rolled down from eyes. Still I kept talking to him, in a hope of an answer. "I am sorry, I didn't reply any soon. But you know, when you confessed and told me you love me, you gave me a new life, a far more better life. Because I realized, that my real life was you. You are my last love. Every little tantrum of yours, which I used to think of yours was nonsense, now is a memory for me. I love you, Lucas. Now wake up, please I am in pain. SAY SOMETHING I AM GIVING UP ON YOU---." I hugged him and just kept my head beside him and sang this song for him to hear, that I am with him.

Few days, passed, Lucas started giving little response. Every night after our parents went home, we used to hear the song "SAY SOMETHING", the one we danced on in our villa before his confession. This song meant a lot to us right now. This song meant to me a lot right now. Before sleeping, I used to kiss him.

I was coming back from college to home, for getting dressed up, before going to the hospital. All the lights were out and no one was at home.

"Mom, Dad? Hello, guys?" I called, but no one answered back. Maybe they went somewhere, but why did they give our house this ghastly vibe and then I went upstairs to my room. Someone was there going through my diary, which I have been writing for the past few months.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"You have been hiding a lot of things recently, EVA?" The voice, it was sweet, same as Lucas's, I must be imagining things. Lucas should be in hospital, he isn't still well, my dad told me.

"Lu--Lucas?" It was him.

"Hey, love." He stood up and smiled, it was the same smile he gave me before leaving me, I was crying. I ran to him, touched him, his face and body. Maybe I am not dreaming after all. He was crying too.

"Lucas, you--you---are fine? ahhhh, GOD." I hugged him, I was controlling my tears from a long time, and today I let it all out. I was still touching his face, continuously. He held my hands.

"Lucas, I am sorry. I am so sorry, to leave you alone." My body shivering.

"No, Eva. You never left me alone for a second, you were right there. Being strong in front of everyone. I heard everything, but I just couldn't say anything." He bit his lips and dried off his tears.

"I heard, when you said, I was your life. It meant my world to me. I love you so much, I'll never let you be in pain anymore." And he took out a ring and proposed me, this time I couldn't ask for some time to think, because life doesn't really wait for you. LIVE THE MOMENT.

"Yes." I shouted and jumped on him.

"But, wait a minute. I heard all the things you said to me so what did you mean when you said, my last love."

" You know, Lucas. When I was I finding my true one, which was always near to me, I used to see couple saying, My first love But when, you love someone wholeheartedly, it becomes difficult for you to love someone else the same way, even if you fall for someone more better, your feelings for the first love won't change, so they become your last love. The one you'll love everlastingly." . He looked into my eyes and I kept my hands on his heart and he kissed me.




December 18, 2020 07:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Shreya, you did an excellent job writing this story! The first word itself really drew me in to your story, so fantastic job! :)

Reply

Shreya Kandari
16:25 Dec 23, 2020

Means a lot, tried giving my best. I am happy that you liked my story:)!!!!!

Reply

Aww, I really did like it!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Levi Ackerman
07:51 Jan 06, 2021

Wow Shreya , this is so good . You are so talented in many various fields. I'm truly the J word right now lol

Reply

Shreya Kandari
08:02 Jan 06, 2021

Thank you Levi, means a lot!!!! I hope my next story makes you more pleased! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Khristina Rada
22:23 Dec 24, 2020

I really love your story but found it hard to read. There are grammatical errors and the flow of the story is not quite right. Having someone edit it would help alot. Good luck!

Reply

Shreya Kandari
06:56 Dec 25, 2020

Hey thank you so much for reviewing this story. Sorry was recently busy with tests so didn't have the time to edit properly. But I am gonna take your opinion in account:) Please like my story, will mean a lot.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.