4 comments

Mystery Fantasy Romance

Cookie recipe










~1~

“One batch of chocolate chip cookies.” A lady said, sadly. “Why so sad?” Sophie asked, whipping out her secret recipe. “My son always loved chocolate chip cookies but now he’s.…” The lady said. “Oh.” Sophie said, taking out the ingredients. 

10 minutes later, Sophie handed the lady some cookies. The lady bit into one and her face immediately brightened. She smiled and paid for her cookies. Now, Sophie’s cookies were not ordinary. They made each person how they should feel. Like that lady. She was sad and now she’s happy. Of course it could make someone feel horrible-if the baker made it that way. But who would do that…?









~2~

That night, someone broke into the bakery. Sophie called the police and an investment took place. “Well miss, looks like nothings been stolen...I think.” 

“Let me search”. Sophie said, trying to hide the sweat. Could he have…..would he dare...Sophie thought. She dug through her basket and couldn’t find her recipe. “The recipe is stolen!” Sophie cried. The investor scratched his head. “Is it important?” He asked. “YES!” Sophie panicked. “Fine. okay.” The investor took the fingerprint on the basket. “We’ll tell you the results.” And with that. The investor left. Sophie took deep breaths. She hoped that the recipe wouldn’t be in the wrong hands. Keefe should help. He always does. Sophie’s trembling hand dialed Keefe’s number..

Just then, Dex stormed in. “What the heck Dex!” Sophie screamed. “What?!” Dex snapped. “You good?” She warily eyed him. That’s when it hit Sophie. Dex had the cookies the thief took.

“Foster!” Keefe burst into the shop with Fitz and Biana behind him. “What a mess.” Biana observed. “No dip sherlock” Sophie mumbled under her breath “Why is everyone here anyways?”

“We heard that your shop has been robbed” Marella answered, coming through the door 

“When did you get here!?” Sophie shrieked. “Did he take anything?” Keefe asked. “The recipe.” Sophie whispered. Everyone gasped. “Whatever.” Dex grumbled. “What's his problem?” Fitz asked. “I think he has the cookies.” Sophie told them. “Dex...where did you get the cookies?” Biana asked. “Down the street.” Dex mumbled. “Let’s go.” Sophie said. “But it’s night!” Fitz complained. “You can go if you want, but I’m going with Foster.” Keefe glared at Fitz. Sophie felt herself blush. “Dex! Take us to the bakery.” She said before Keefe could read her emotions. They followed Dex until they reached a brick building. “Oh hello fellow customers-” the ‘baker’ had seen Sophie. “Hand over the recipe thief!” Sophie blurted out. “I don’t know what you're talking about!” He said. “He’s lying.” Keefe whispered to Sophie. “I know he is.” Sophie growled. Before they could do anything, the baker leaped away.





~3~

“WHERE DID HE GO?!” Sophie screamed. “I’ll go get my dad.” Fitz said, leaping away. A few seconds of awkwardness and Alden and Fitz leaped back. “Heard that your recipe is stolen.” Alder said. Sophie nodded. “He leaped away before we could catch him.” Biana said. “And the investors were no help.” Sophie said. “Huh? What’s this?” Fitz picked up a piece of paper. “Do you know what this says Foster?” Fitz asked. “Only I call her that.” Keefe shot at Fitz. “fine.” Fitz shot back. “It says...England.” Sophie read. “What is that?” Dex grumped. “It’s where people live.” Sophie answered, knowing what was coming next. “The Forbidden cities!” Everyone (except Sophie) cried. Sophie cringed. “That’s where he’s going?!” Alden asked. “I think so.” Sophie answered. “Then what are we doing? We need to go to the Forbidden-England.” Alden said. “Not me. I’m going to sleep.” Dex said, walking towards his house. “Just call it England.” Sophie groaned. 




~4~

“This is England?” Fitz asked. “Mhm”. Sophie said. “Foster there are so many houses. How are we gonna find him?” Keefe asked. “Well there is an address…” Sophie mumbled. “Couldn’t you have told us before?” Marella groaned. Sophie mumbled a sorry and said, “hey! I found the street!” The group quickly found the right house, but it looked….scary and haunted. “Let’s split up.” Alden said. “I’ll go with Fitz.” 

“And I’ll go with Foster.” Keefe said, dragging her into the house. Marella was grouped with Biana. 

“It’s creepy.” Sophie shuddered. “Foster, you’ve disintegrated Lady Galvin’s cape, almost blew up the school, and been kidnapped at least a dozen times. And now you're scared of a house?” Keefe scoffed. “Yeah. you’ve got a point.” Sophie agreed. “Foster, I gotta tell you something-”

BANG CLASH!

“What was that?” Sophie froze. They heard the baker curse. He had dropped cookie tins on the floor. “He’s making a batch of those cookies!” Sophie yelled, running over to the baker. Sophie knocked him down and snatched off his mask. ”Brant?!” Sophie gasped. Keefe ran over. “Hey! Isn’t that…” Keefe said. “Get off!” Brant hissed. “Why are you here?” Sophie demanded. Brant shoved a cookie in Sophie’s mouth and made her eat it. Sophie’s determined face turns sad. “Foster?” Keefe asked. He called everyone to come to the kitchen. Brant kicked Sophie off and scrambled to get up. Keefe jumped on top of him. “OFF!” Alden ordered. “That’s right!” Brant sneered. He tried getting everyone to eat the cookies by saying, “I was just trying to make cookies! Here. taste them.” 

“I love cookies.” Biana said, picking one up. “”DON’T!” Keefe screamed, knocking the cookie out of her hand. “It’s what it did to Foster!” Keefe shouted, pointing at Sophie. Everyone looked at Sophie. She was glum. “Sophie?” Biana went over to her. Brant tried to crawl away. Keefe dragged him back. Marella found a crumpled piece of paper. “I found the recipe!” 

Keefe snatched the paper and read it. He grabbed a bowl and started baking.




~5~

“I’m done!” Keefe said, lifting a cookie. “Really Keefe? Do you really feel like eating cookies right now?” Biana snapped. “No, Silly! This is for Foster!” Keefe said. Brant growled. Marella held him back. “Here Foster.” Keefe said, bending down. Sophie sadly took a small bite. Slowly, she began to brighten. “Hey! It actually worked!” Fitz exclaimed. “Thank you!” Sophie hugged Keefe but then quickly jumped away and blushed. “What should we do about him?” Biana said, nodding to Brant. “I’m afraid we have to do another 

Tribunal.” Alden said. Everyone leaped back to the elven world. Sophie told Grady and Edaline what had happened. “Brant did?!” Grady gasped. Sophie nodded. “There’s gonna be a tribunal.”








~6~

Alden shook his head as he told Sophie. “He did it because he wanted everyone to be as miserable as he is.” 

“That’s awful!” Keefe said, popping in. “Keefe!” Sophie said, surprised. “Don’t worry. I gave Dex a cookie.” Keefe said, winking. “Want to visit Silveny?” Sophie asked. “Sure.” Keefe said, leaping to silveny with Sophie. 

As they were patting Silveny, Sophie said, “thanks for...you know.”

“It's fine. There’s something I wanted to tell you…” Keefe started.

Sophie blushed hard. She couldn’t even hide it anymore. “But I think you already know.” Keefe finished. Next thing Sophie knows, her lips are pressed against his.



*note* This is based on KOTLC (keepers of the lost cities) Also, if you did not read KOTLC, it might be a little confusing.


December 04, 2020 20:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

F. A.
16:21 Dec 14, 2020

Great story! One suggestion (sorry, kind of late to change our story because it has already been approved. You can use this for the future, though!), I am pretty sure that you're supposed to give a space after each person's dialogue. Meaning that after every dialogue, hit enter twice. Good job! P.S. Would you mind checking my story, "Bakers of Busch Avenue" and give some feedback, too? Have a great day!

Reply

16:22 Dec 14, 2020

Thanks! I'll look at it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Story Time
21:15 Dec 12, 2020

I didn't know the inspiration behind it, but it was an enjoyable read all the same.

Reply

21:45 Dec 12, 2020

Thank you so much! The book that I based it off is 'Keeper's of the Lost cities' it's an amazing series.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.