32 comments

Drama

I was an opera dancer, living as a Spinster in a beautiful apartment in the middle of the city. My schedule was very tight. I used to wake up early in the morning,for my dancing practices and at two o’clock afternoon, I had been awaited at the club.My dance was very popular throughout the city, people came from far flung areas to see my dance. Sometimes I been scheduled to show my performance in front of the high officials but in those performances their families were also presents during dancing session. Than some school head Master ’s approached me to perform with the music with the rhymes on the annual day but some conservative mind parents didn’t want me to perform in front of their children ,than school authorities hired me only to prepare kids for the annual session performing. In the midst of comfortable and glamorous life,i was accoustumed to feed Some puppies daily, twice .Sometimes in severe weather I used to make a cozy place for them.It gave me peace of mind and they waited me as kids wait their mother, It was my best omen,whenever I had any problem ,I just sat with them, patted them for a while and gave them some milk and bread,after little while that problem quickly vanished. Sometimes it seems that those puppies looked up as they pray for me.  Mr Nelson, My Music Master came to practice me for some new steps.Mr Nelson, was a perfect gentleman. One night he was playing a piano and the rhythm was so romantic that till two O’clock morning we were deeply engrossed ,in the meantime some body knocked at the door.I opened. A very handsome guy was standing”Lady,it’s too late to rehearse,I have to go to an interview in the morning, so if you kindly stop now "“.I was so much engrossed that I pay no heed to him,I just slang the door but Mr Nelson realized that it was too late ,He at once stood up and said Goodbye “ and left. Next day I was sitting in my balcony, my neighbour came out and stand near ,I stood up and apologise for my last night behavior. He introduced me himself as Jason,and an architect by profession.Jason was very attractive and manly. His face was always smily.He was bechelor. His looks were very artistic and sometimes his eyes wanted to convey a message to me.One day he came to me and said”Linda,My fingers are not working perfectly, it’s jammed. It needs a proper massage”.He looked little embarrassed. “Did you consult it to Doctor"? I questioned him."Yes,but they advised for a proper massage,this problem occurred only in beginning of September, than it lowered down itself, than for next eight months I am ok.”He replied.How long this problem been lurking to you? I questioned him concerndly". “.l don’t remember exactly but I was a kid, about nine or ten, very naughty, my friend Jerry and me used to play the whole day.I think it is a curse. “He mentioned. “what curse, did you hit some body?.I asked very impatiently. ”yes,it was September, I was alone ,I had seen some puppies, they were newly born, I started pelting them and now it became my habit to pelted them daily, eventually they all died. After few days my fingers crossed for few weeks and my mother rushed me to the Doctor,my fingers became normal but exactly In every September they  jammed for a month. He answered it with watery eyes.For the time being I massaged his fingers but his fingers were as stiff as iron and his finger nails were black as charcoal .When ever from my returning home, I used to visit him. One day as we were sitting in the balcony,I asked him that this is not the solution, you must do some remedy for the fingers.He looked at me and just nodded.For the next few days I couldn’t find him in the apartment, I thought he must be out for job but in the afternoon I became astonished when I saw him carrying a big basket full of puppies.” The whole week I used to gathered them near the park and now I’m going to make a great kennel for them and I would take care of the small puppies my self. This would be an ambition of my life,i would be now fully dedicated towards these toungless creatures.This is the only solution for my pain."He said it all very dedicatedly .Next day a man brought a big kennel for the puppies. Now he seemed fully committed with the task. After few days he came to me and said that he converted his ancestral land into a Care Center for puppies. Where he would also make a block for the kittens and the other animals siblings. So ,a project started and he also shifted to "Animal welfare Center" to his village . I couldn’t meet him for some years. In three years span he made a beautiful Animal care Center, with all the facilities,in which nearly all the breed were granted proper care .One day I was watching a Tv show ,in which I watched his interview and he was praised highly. In that interview ,host asked him a question that by profession he is an architect, so how he switched over to Animals care ,aren't they two different types? He had given him a beautiful answer “Architect won’t mean only chalking out buildings and the materials, architecture deals far ahead, to love creatures is more than errecting a building".So, Jason's life was completely changed,He himself fed the puppies and given them complete care as parents take care of their siblings. Later,that institution taken the shape of an Animal Husbandry. Special funds were granted for enhancing the project by building new block for the doctors and the nursing staff.His village became very famous . Early in the morning people used to come from far flung areas for jobs and the old remote village taken a shape of a modern Town.

One evening, I was performing in the club, I saw his smiley face with attractive eyes.We both embraced each other and the whole Hall, full of audience, watching both of us.Our eyes were full of tears, we were severely emotional.I took her to my new apartment. It was a beautiful day for both of us.He was constantly looking towards his old apartment.I asked him about his fingers and the pain. He looked towards his fingers and said “believe me that pain is forgotten now,Many September's came and went but passed un painfully, I have now forgotten that pain and that painful days. “He said all this while looking in my eyes.He took my hand in his hands and proposed me.I was also somewhere in love with him but sometimes love and pain is highly textured that you can’t feel it.We both happily married and I came to his Animal welfare Center. Now I’m no more a dancer ,I’m helping my husband in a very pious mission. Sometimes I feel that those puppies I fed they silently prayed for me.(The End).

November 26, 2020 15:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

32 comments

LuAnn Williamson
18:05 Dec 03, 2020

It is very hard to read this story with all the errors. Please proof read before submitting. If you have problems with editing, maybe you can find a friend who can help you.

Reply

Tariq Saeed
17:16 Dec 05, 2020

Luann,Dear Thanks for reading but I wd b glad more if you pin point my errors.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tariq Saeed
17:49 Nov 30, 2020

Rafay,Thank you,but also read in detail and comment it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
15:42 Mar 12, 2021

Thank you khan shereen for liking my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
18:07 Feb 06, 2021

It's a present day idea.Readers would like it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:25 Dec 24, 2020

There is a line that his eyes wanted to say something ,it means charater has some pain to explain;is good mentioning.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:22 Dec 24, 2020

Many september came and went by but passed un pinfully,is very near to life sentence.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:20 Dec 24, 2020

Your stories are good try some horror .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:19 Dec 24, 2020

The coming if puppies is a turn in a drama.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:18 Dec 24, 2020

The opera dancer is a nice lady ,in the end i like her lines that means she wanted to live a life of a decent house wife.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
17:14 Dec 24, 2020

This story characters are all very decent and inocent.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
01:46 Dec 21, 2020

Sheejee,Did you read my new stories.?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
01:45 Dec 21, 2020

Thanks Sheejee,I like this types of analysis.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
13:42 Dec 20, 2020

It's approach has very natural style.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
13:40 Dec 20, 2020

Believe me many September came and went by"is also well selected.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
13:39 Dec 20, 2020

His eyes wanted to convey a message, this line has an artistic touch.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
13:36 Dec 20, 2020

I like this line "ady it's too late for reherse", this line shows that the character is very much involved in her job.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Aziz
01:43 Dec 06, 2020

Nice one

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mansoor Ali
18:12 Dec 05, 2020

Sir it is excellent

Reply

Show 0 replies
Khilwat Afridi
11:53 Dec 04, 2020

Nice message

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
16:31 Dec 01, 2020

I my self respect comedy Cum romanticism.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.