The couple who saves the world

Submitted into Contest #175 in response to: Start your story with two people planting a tree together.... view prompt

0 comments

Happy Fiction Fantasy

There were husband and wife, they were planting one tree on their backyard.

“Phew, almost done!” said the husband.

“Let’s give water to make it grow to a big tree.” Said the wife.

They planted the tree as hard as they could with a lot of love to it. They gave water every day, pruning it, say a good thing to it, and care as much as they could.  A few years later, the Earth is getting sick, dirty, also because of global warming, there was too little water, all the weeds, trees, and flowers were dead. The couple tried to save their tree, because they knew that if they didn’t save their tree, then there will be no tree in the world forever. They tried to not make them feel thirsty, they move their body as little as they can to drink less water. From that, they saved water every day for their tree, but sometimes they tired at being like that.

“Ugh I am so thirsty!!” said the husband, tried to drink whole bottle of water.

Just then the wife shouted at him.

“Hey! You can’t drink water like that, that is for our tree, isn’t it?” said the wife filled with annoying.

“Okay fine, but I can’t even remember that when I drink water as much as I want.” Said husband with disappointment.

“I feel that way too, but if we give up on growing trees right here, it would be such a wasted to save water until now.” Said wife with serious tone.

“Fine, I hate you because you always saying the right things and I can’t even refute about it.” Said the husband hugging his wife.

They both were tired at drink more little water than others, which everyone didn’t have water to drink very much. If they do, they could just give up that time, but they knew that that is only hoped to save the Earth. Just a small hope of drinking a full bottle of water in a time, take a shower with lots of warm water again.

“Imagine that we drink whole of the river sweetheart. I don’t know how this tree can make water for us, but unless it can make our environment pollution to gets better.” Said the wife.

“I hope so, then we can drink a clear water, remember that we had drank a clear pure water.” Said the husband feel broodingly.

“To be honest it was not that much clear water before too, isn’t it because of the people who trashed on the ground every day.” Said the wife

“Do you know why, because they thought it will not affect the Earth just only for her or him to throw away on the ground.” Said the husband.

“Yes, and that is the problem there are too many people think like that,” Said the wife

“Ahhh, imagine we have plenty of water and play with it like a waterpark. “said the husband with big laughing sound.

A few weeks after, the wife and husband heard a dropping sound outside. They were surprised and look over the window. They saw outside and they thought their eyes are getting crazy, because it was raining outside. It was the first rain that they had seen in 3 years after a grave global warming. They just ran outside immediately, not only them, even their neighbors came outside. The couple saw that everyone tastes it and enjoy it so happily, then they realized it will be so good for their tree.

“This is so good! Isn’t it the first rain in 3 years? Let’s just enjoy it.” Said the husband, filled with delight.

“Yes, it is, I almost forgot what rain is.” Said the wife looked at her husband’s eyes happily.

“Also, this will be so good to out trees, it’s water party, enjoy it my lovely tree!” said the husband and wife together.

After a long raining, the sky got clearer than before, they can saw a sun. Everyone came outside without thinking, some of them forgot to wear their shoes. They felt a warm wind go through their cheek; it was so warm. They laid down on their yard and looked at their tree together. Just then, the wind made the tree’s leaf shaking, and the tree’s seed, which it was a maple seeds flew all over the air. They both stand up in once and shouted with a brilliant idea.

“Look! The seeds are going to the other house’s yard. I hope they settled down there.” Shouted wife with amazement.

“Me too, let’s expect it to spread roots under the ground.” Said the Husband.

“Maybe this was the reason why we grow our tree for lots of years.” Said the wife.

After that day, there were a few more rain, and it made the maple seeds to spread roots on neighbor’s yard, and it started grew in a small tree. If it was just rain there, maybe it would just same that have rain in the mud, but because of the couple’s tree, the natural environment was getting better too. They could see a sun over their head, every kid came outside and play. Someone of the people came to them and be appreciated about to grow the tree.

“I told you too just to be patient at drinking lots of water. Finally, our final plan completed.” Said the wife.

“You are right, I agree with that. Thank you for being made me to have right thought again last day.” Said the husband.

“I knew that someday our tree will become a hero, who saved the world.” Said the wife.

After a year, the environment got better, and the trees are grown to a big maple tree. The couples were happy about that they changed the world a lot better. By growing a few trees, it went to other village too. Then rained again and there are a lot of trees around them. They still drinking less water, imagining drinking the whole bottle of water as much as they want.

December 10, 2022 02:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.