315 comments

Friendship Creative Nonfiction Happy

   Author's note: I used people from Reedsy in this story. I'll put the links to their profile's in the comments!


 It was inside a dark space when it happened. A bright flash igniting the dim bunker.

   “What was that?” A first voice whispered. 

   Silence.

   A groan split the silence.

   “W-where am I?” A soft voice asked. 

   “This is Bunker 910.” A third voice confidently said. “I’m Celeste, and I’m the leader here.” Celeste held out her hand to shake the newcomer’s hand. 

   “I-I’m B.” B shortly replied, sounding like she very much didn’t want to be there. Celeste was wearing purple robes, and if you looked at her eyes, you’d see they were constantly changing colors.

   “How’d you get here? I’m Mania, by the way.” Mania was wearing a dark-blue hoodie with dark-green sweatpants. She had ruby-red hair and emerald green eyes that shone brightly. 

   B on the other hand, was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants, just like Mania. She had gray eyes and dark-purple hair.

   “I...I was teleporting...Or, I was practicing. It was practicing my teleportation…” B explained a bit awkwardly.  

   “Is it a new power of yours?” Celeste inquired, leaning forward, her long purple hair brushing the floor. B nodded, fidgeting with her fingers. Celeste squinted at B. “Come, I’ll introduce you to the others. Mania, please keep watch.” Mania nodded as Celeste helped B to her feet. They began walking down a small hallway. 

   “So, your power is teleportation and…?”

   “Water and air.” B finished. 

   “My powers are magic and wind. Wanna see some magic?” B nodded. Celeste grinned. She picked up a rock and muttered a few words under her breath. A breeze blew, and the rock began to glow a soft purple-with bits of purple clear-shards surrounding it. Then-in a purple-flash, it became a small, white, fluffy, hamster. 

   “Aww, how cute!” B softly exclaimed. Up ahead, there was a two-way-fork. One that went right, and the other went left. Both contained bedrooms. 

   “Come right this way!” Celeste carried the hamster and led B into the room on the right. Sitting on a white-modern bed were two girls. One was wearing a dark blue and a dark pink blouse. She had dark blue eyes and long dark, brown hair that's left was down, and had a slight wave to it.

   The other girl looked a bit like the other one. She was wearing a black-cat-eared headband with a black hoodie and a ombre of black for leggings. She had long hair that was black and fading to silver. Her eyes were silver and she had light-chestnut brown skin. 

   “This is Esmeray.” The girl with the dark-blue flowy dress waved. 

   “Call me Esme for short.” Esme greeted.

   “And I’m Syvis.” The girl wearing black waved. “Esme and I are sisters.” B nodded. 

   “I’m B.”

   “Just B? Is that short for anything?” Esme asked. B shook her head. Celeste led B to the other room. 

   “This is Aerin.” Aerin was wearing a black hoodie and pastel-colored leggings. She had vivid blue eyes and shoulder-length brown curls with gold highlights, and her skin was an olive-tan color.

 KD was wearing an orange T-shirt with jeans and had green eyes. She had bronze hair and caucasian skin color. 

“Hi!” Aerin enthusiastically greeted, hopping out of the chair she was sitting on. “Can I finish showing her around?” Celeste nodded. 

“I have to go back to my watch, anyway.” Celeste bade B a goodbye and skipped down the corridor, leaving the fluffy hamster behind with B. Aerin glanced at the hamster.

“Ooh! Watch this!” Aerin disappeared in a white puff of smoke and reappeared as a hamster. 

Aerin reappeared as a human once more. 

“C’mon, B. I can’t wait to show you around!” Aerin skipped out of the room, leading B the way. “Questions, comments, concerns?”

“Er...Yeah...What is this place? Why do you have to keep watch? Where am I? Am I dea-”

“Woah there, bud. One step at a time. First, this is Bunker 910. World War 91 is out. Magikers, whatever you call them are fighting against the-uh-what’s the other side called? Ah-yeah-the Devils. And we keep watch for-well, we’ve been here for a long time. Like, time is frozen for us. We don’t age, and we’ve been here for-I’m not sure how long. We keep watch in case a monster, or something attacks. Mostly, we keep watch because that hatch in the main room might open.” Aerin explained all while breathlessly skipping around B. “I can tell your not much of a talker, huh?”

“Yeah. Can’t you just-I dunno- ‘magic’ your way out?” B wondered. 

“I wish. This bunker-” Aerin patted the metal wall next to her hard “-isn’t just your normal everyday metal. It’s a special kind of metal that prevents things from getting in or out through powers. The only way out-the hatch.”

“How come I came here then? Through teleportation?” 

“I’m not sure.” Aerin muttered, tapping her chin. “Anyway, we’re in New Japperys, I believe.”

“Do you mean New Jersey?”

“I haven’t recited my states and capitals in a while.” Aerin pointed to a closed door. “That’s the bathroom. “The fact that you got in here is what shocked me the most, it must’ve shocked the rest, too.” Aerin glanced up at the ceiling. “Anyhow, that concludes the end of our tour!” 

   “Oh, okay, thanks. I’ll be sure to check out the restroom soon.” 

   “It’s really fancy, now, c’mon! We’re going to play a game-Esme and I. Want to join?” B nodded. “I’ll do a bit more explaining. The six of us-we were thrown-yes, I mean thrown down here. Celeste was here first. She was the first one inside this bunker, then Mania, KD, Esme and Syvis, and me. That’s how the ranks formed. There might’ve been one or two bumps on the way.” Aerin talked as she walked. B listened quietly, having no clue what to do with her fingers.  

   “So...Uh...Does this mean I’m the last rank?” 

   “Nope. There’s only two leaders; Celeste and Mania.” Aerin explained. “We’re going to play a game called Uno, ever heard of it, B?” 

   “Yeah,” Aerin and B sat on the floor while Esme and Syvis dealt with the cards. 

“So, B. How did you get here?” Esme asked-the question she was itching for an answer. B promptly shrugged. 

“She doesn’t know,” Aerin spoke up. “She has teleportation powers, and it’s a new power.” Syvis squinted at B.

“I’ve got my eye on you, Miss B.” 

“Syvis,” Esme scolded softly, her eyes glimmering. “Let’s get to the game.”




               ***


It wasn’t the usual wake-up by Mania, or her magical alarm that smashed into her if she didn’t turn it off. In fact, it was the chortling of Monsters. It’s loud feet pounded on the metal floor as it charged forward. Celeste bolt straight up. 

“Monster!” She called, hopping out of bed. Mania and Aerin who were sleeping in the same room perked up. 

“Monster? Already? But the last attack was just last week! Don’t they come after a few weeks?” Aerin exclaimed, alarm in her tone. Celeste shook her head, holding out both hands. 

“I don’t know,” purple floating orbs formed in both of her hands-dark purple mist surrounding it. “We’ve a monster-perhaps two, to fight.” 


               ***


“What was that?!” Syvis yelled. 

“Monster!” Esme informed, leaping out of bed. “We’ve gotta hurry!” Shadows began creeping towards the sisters. B worriedly glanced around-confused. “It’s okay,” Esme comforted. “First battle is always hard.” 

“Let’s go meet up with Celeste and the others.”


               ***


“Where are the monsters coming from?” Syvis questioned, Aerin turned into a rabbit and cocked her head into one direction, and then the other. Aerin pointed towards the left direction. Monsters were able to get in and out of the bunker, but they haven’t figured out how. 

Celeste took the lead and gently crept forward, Mania behind her. “Alright, here’s the plan. Since I have magic, I’ll go first. B, would you like to help?” B nodded. “Alright, can you control the winds to slow down the monsters? Mania you attack the monsters with your fire Esme and Syvis, stick together and in the shadows. Aerin-you do you.” As Celeste said each person’s name, they nodded and looked at her in the eye.

“Ready at your go.” Esme grunted, shadows whirling around her and Syvis. 

“Go!”

And so they charged at the monster who was charging at them.


               ***

Celeste threw her purple orbs at the monsters. There were not one or two monsters as usual, but a dozen or so ugly slobbering, slimy, creatures. Once the orb connected with the monster, it disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. The monsters was moving slowly-have trouble with B’s winds. 

Shadows strangled confused monsters-turning half the room dark with shadows. 

“It’s always easy to defeat these types of monsters,” Celeste grinned, standing over a pile of dead monsters.

“The bodies will consume-go into the earth.” Mania explained to B, who had a proud look on her face. 

               ***


B had been with the group long enough to earn all their trust. She was practicing summoning water out of the floor. True, it was a difficult skill, but she’d try. 

“Hi, B.”

“Hi there, Esme! How are ya?” B greeted and smiled. “I’m getting better at the summoning water skill. Watch!” Esme scooted to the side and watched as B placed both her hands on the floor. B closed her eyes and concentrated hard. A small orb of water began coming through the metal floor-clearly torn whether or not to answer B’s calls and to sticking to the metal. Suddenly, B let out a sharp cry of pain. The blob of water quickly returned back to the metal. 

“B!” Esme exclaimed, rushing forward. “Are you alright?” B crouched on the floor, clutching her stomach with her eyes shut. 

“Me? Yeah, I’m fine.” B managed a weak smile. “I’m just going to go lie down..” And B presumed to leave the room, leaving a puzzled Esme behind. 

“What in the world…? I wonder if it has something to do with her powers.” Esme muttered before walking to the very-fancy-bathroom.


            ***


Mania plucked at her paints, clearly bored. “What’s the point of keeping watch, Celeste? I’m pretty sure we know that the hatch will never ever open.” Celeste frowned. 

“I’m sure the hatch will open at one point, don’t jinx it.” Manina continued to pluck at her pants, then getting bored, she began to play with fire. 

“What if when the hatch opens-?” 

The hatch is opening!” Celeste shrieked, jumping to her feet. “Look at it!” Sure enough, the circle-shaped hatch was slowly moving, grunting noises coming from above. 

“I doubt there’s no one in there, KD.” A small, baby voice squeaked. The rest of the girls came rushing to the hatch-room. 

“It’s really opening?!” Syvis whispered excitedly. Mania nodded happily, a grin spreading across her face. 

“Sun!” 

The hatch had finally opened, and staring right back down at them was a girl with green eyes, wearing an orange t-shirt with jeans, caucasian hair and bronze hair. 

“Oh my-” 

“There’s actually people inside it, KD!” The small, babyish voice said once again. The blinding sunlight burned into the girl’s eyes, for they haven’t seen it in a while. 

“Oww, the sun!” Aerin grunted, shielding her eyes. 

“Hi there!” Celeste grinned. In one swift movement, Celeste waved her hand and soft, purple clouds lifted them out of the bunker. KD’s eyes widened, she grabbed Celeste by the shoulder. 

“You have magic?!”



March 13, 2021 03:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

315 comments

The people in the story: B.W. https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/b-w/ Celeste: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/cb2a9d/ KD (Carolina) https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/e34f75/ Esme (Luna) https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/c6841f/ Syvis (Sapphire) https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/c8d767/ Mania (Writer Maniac) https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/writer-maniac/ Aerin: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompt...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
04:50 Mar 16, 2021

Up ahead, there was a two-way-fork. One that went right, and the other went left. (Remove the comma after right) . She had dark blue eyes and long dark, brown hair that's left was down, and had a slight wave to it.(Remove the comma after down) I have seen that you have a tendency to put commas unnecessary. It's okay we can work on it. I loved your story, the action, the dialogue. Everything. I totally agree with Zilla here. In your recent comment about my story, I saw your suggestions. You tend to over-explain things a lot. Over explaining d...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zilla Babbitt
20:34 Mar 14, 2021

Hm, sequel material? I didn't really know what to expect but I liked this. Hard to disappoint with a nice Reedsy-cast fanfic. The descriptions of the characters are a bit much. The reader doesn't need to know exactly what they're wearing, their exact skin color, and exact eye color to visualize them or enjoy the story. In fact, over-the-top descriptions tend to distract from the story. Other than that, this was pretty good. Keep it up!

Reply

So, I shouldn't do THAT much detail of the character right? Ahh, okay, thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:14 Mar 15, 2021

Hi Blxxii! I'm probably being reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyy annoying right now, but in your bio you asked if you left anybody out for your story and I filled in the form too :) Really sorry for being super annoying :<

Reply

Heya! No, your not annoying at all. I'm reading your response right now!

Reply

23:22 Mar 15, 2021

If I was you, I would've been XDDDDD Oooh, thanks! How are you?

Reply

Good! Question; can it be a fictional character? (The one your in a relationship with.)

Reply

23:24 Mar 15, 2021

:) Yeah, it can

Reply

Alright! It'll be out before the prompts go away <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Wowwww this was so good! The ending is a total cliffhanger so I *ahem* DEMAND PART 2!!!!!!! Lol. “ “I haven’t recited my states and capitals in a while.” ”...idk why but I giggled at the fact that my character said the line because I’ve NEVER ‘recited the states and capitals’, lol. Anyways, a very well-written story with awesoke imagery! Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

YAAAAAS I CAN’T WAIT TO READ THIS TMMR!!!!

Reply

Eeep the fact that this has 10 upvotes (like many of your comments rn) is making me grin so hard 🥺

Reply

Noooo your comment had 0000!!!! I MUST UPVOTE NAO!

Reply

THANK YOUUU!

Reply

Show 95 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
03:41 Mar 13, 2021

I don't really have a lot of things to say for this, but I did enjoy all of it ^^ I'm also quite excited for the next part, whenever that'll come out. I'll give this a 10/10 :) And I think I do have a little request.

Reply

Okay, what's your request?

Reply

B. W.
03:45 Mar 13, 2021

Well, it's kind of to continue with what happened to story-me/B. Like when she was doing something and she ended up getting a bit of pain, I guess I'd wanna see more of that and learn why it's happening. I guess if that makes any sense :/

Reply

Ahhhh okay-I can tell you now if you'd like? Although it might be a bit confusing. It has to do with her powers.

Reply

B. W.
03:48 Mar 13, 2021

Yeah, please tell me ^^ I'm sure I'll understand it or something.

Reply

Alright, so you know how you/B have water powers? I'm making it so she is "connected" to the ocean because the ocean is a body of water. So, when an oil spill or a ton of garbage is dumped into the ocean, it effects B because it's effecting the ocean. Make sense?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Also, the hamster is fine. It's alive :) (It might have an important role.)

Reply

B. W.
03:49 Mar 13, 2021

I love hamsters, they are adorable ^^

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Won't be active, I'm going to bed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
04:01 Mar 13, 2021

It's fine, have a good sleep.

Reply

B. W.
17:58 Mar 13, 2021

You wanna hear some riddles?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
16:19 Mar 14, 2021

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG JHGLJGHKHG THERE'S A PART 2 RIGHT? OR THERE AT LEAST WILL BE??!?!??! I LOVE MY CHARACTERRRRRRRRRRRR LJUFKJGFKJGF THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!

Reply

16:20 Mar 14, 2021

also, one thing, at one point you wrote Luna instead of Esme during the story, thought I'd point that out:)

Reply

Hehe, thank you. There will be a part two (and this might be. A series.) Maybe we could do a large callob where you tell it from your characters point of view. I fixed the mistake, thank you!

Reply

16:22 Mar 14, 2021

phew;) oOoOoOoOo sounds interesting!! mhm!!! <3

Reply

Would you like to? :3

Reply

16:26 Mar 14, 2021

sure!!:D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:38 Mar 14, 2021

The new part is out. Would appreciate your comments on this.

Reply

Okay, I'll read it later.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
02:14 Mar 14, 2021

Heyyy

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Aww thank YOU! No problem :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:03 Mar 13, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

2021 ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWES...

Reply

21:37 Mar 13, 2021

XD thanksss

Reply

Only stating facts lol :)

Reply

21:39 Mar 13, 2021

awww thanks <3 well, if you were talkin' about my romance writing, that would be questionable-

Reply

No, I'm talking about all your stories. There all amazing <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:19 Mar 13, 2021

Hey, I have come back. Starting a new series. Would love your comments and feedback. Hope you love this story.

Reply

Ooh, welcome back! I would love to give feedback on your stories ^-^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

JDJIJDEFJIDJEDNHFJ TANK U SO MUCHHH JGIFJRFIJ

Reply

TANK U SO MUCH U LE BEST

Reply

Show 0 replies

TANK U SO MUCH U LE BEST

Reply

Show 0 replies

TANK U SO MUCH U LE BEST

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 76 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
03:23 Mar 19, 2021

Heyyyy

Reply

Hiyaaaa! Do you like the new prompts??

Reply

B. W.
16:27 Mar 19, 2021

Yeah I do, do you have a favorite prompt? I like the fairy tale one

Reply

Yeah-but would you mind upvoting me? There's a downvoter, and I'd like if you upvote me. I'll upvote you (after school.)

Reply

B. W.
20:28 Mar 19, 2021

I'll try to do it soon. Also I have some news for ya

Reply

Ooo! Can I guess?Did you publish your book????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
00:01 May 29, 2021

Heya, how are ya?

Reply

Ayo ayooo :D I'm doing quite fine. In fact, today we had a social ice cream thing at our neighborhood/community. You?

Reply

B. W.
04:21 May 29, 2021

Eh, I think I'm fine, just really bored though :/ What do ya think about the prompts? I don't think I'll make a new story for a while or anything.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.