THE PROPOSAL

Submitted into Contest #50 in response to: Write a story about a proposal. ... view prompt

12 comments

General

Edward and I, can be said to be twins, born on the same day, almost the same hour don’t really know who came first but who cares, age is just a number! Obviously same hospital, same maternity ward, but yes different mothers! We grew up sharing everything wore same designer clothing’s, drove our different bicycle together had our bed time stories read to us before we sleep, all this happened because our mothers where single parent and friends, that did spice up everything and indeed working for my good, as kids I was the possessive one and would pull out anyone who takes his toys without telling me, pick a quarrel with him if Edward fails to admire my dress, but true we are neighbors. So i dropped the quarrel, Yes! Yes! There is always a monster in an angel garment. Pamela, the sea goddess her beauty was just too intimidating and yes I always hated that. o yes, am the cute one I would flaunt my hairs against her blue eyes purposely to make them red and who is she! Dares not to talk, I will beat her till mama calls. Edward will always support her. But who cares!now you know how mean I am. Time flies, we all adults now with our different degrees things expects to change, am just like his best friend, his cry mate,his mother best friend daughter ,we shared every memory together, but parted ways in college. But that aside, too lost to think changes would have occurred between us, truly change is constant, whatever! I said! It's not gonna happen. Yes, Yes! We should be getting married, imagined him fixing the gold ring that was shining out from his shoe show glass to my middle finger, now I could finally have him. To hell with all those hopeless bitches I said almost screaming, for sure the ring is mine he was obviously awaiting my arrival. I thought for a while then smiled, I knew him for his surprises, now it’s time all dressed up revealing my melanin skin, he better commend or I will break his head! Chuckles, Edward had called me for a dinner night I stepped out the door grabbed a taxi and off I go. Lo and behold my Edward ever handsome standing before me with an opened arm for embrace, guess whether he ever grows old, apparently no! a slight peck he gave me took me farther to the galaxies I couldn’t imagine. Hell no! I can’t screw up this time, I regained back consciousness quickly, we chatted and laughed for almost an hour but wait that’s not why am here he should score the goal!! It was 9:30pm one could possibly tell I am losing my patient, I excused myself for a while went to the restroom grumbling, why cant he score this !i screamed inside the restroom, took a deep breathe, adjusted my wig and I bounced out, wait I paused at the strippers stand ! am lost, standing from a distance and facing toward my space, who is this long forsaking she goat sitting close to my Edward I sarcastically said, even flaunting a kiss round his neck. Oh my god Pamela! Again! I could feel my heart pounding with hate, Her skin was just too perfect but trust me I will reap them off today before she stands up, I walked almost like a mad woman to my seat to reap off her eyes, o god here comes my other pretentious smile I just had to smile not to screw up, hi Pamela I said almost screaming ,and now she is offering a hug, I detest that,she ought to have known all this years. I shrugged my face to tight but now lost, the perfume she wore was damn too possessive, I gave up adjusted my gown and sat down breathing like a wounded lioness silently ,why was Edward attention all on her I grimaced , I decided to take it up my way, sure I did lost all my patience this time and I screamed, EDWARD! Can you please let out the ring, he jerked and in terror he said yes I will! Pamela obviously wasn’t left apart, she was surprised that I haven’t changed, but who cares! Obviously I don’t, the west life musical men came out from nowhere, the music changed, the whole ball room was shining red, just as I always wished I smiled, was just waiting for him to utter the word, now my dream is coming to past I said silently blushing, he unbuttons his expensive jacket which I knew cost a fortune lays it on the floor and before he could say a word, I screamed yes I will! Yes I will! Yes I will marry you Edward. closing my eyes too tight and raising up my middle finger above my chin I was already crying and screaming, but wait! No ring has been fixed into my hand and I could hear the pooping of Champaign, then all of a sudden the entire room was filled with laughter, and I open an eye was dumbfounded, then the both eye the ball room was now filled with people taking pictures with Pamela and Edward, obviously I was lost in my own nation-IMAGI-NATION. He did propose to Pamela and not I the fairy princess, the she goat was putting on my ring. Painfully I was sitting alone, the music was becoming too loud I couldn’t bear it, and then I screamed why! What’s happening! Edward walked toward me and said hey sis sorry thought you were lost, guess what? Pamela just accepted my proposal! i could see how happy my Edward was, in fact he hasn’t smiled that wide as long as I can imagine. Gosh I am doomed I said silently, now am called sis! Screw that name my inner me said almost crying, for once in my life I could feel goose bumps and sweating profusely at the same time, I wanted to attack her with my sharp nails and tear her into pieces but the shock was to deep that I passed out, woke up the next morning to see myself on my bed in my house ,he couldn’t even let me pass a night in his house,(sobbing uncontrollably)gosh what was I thinking, my Edward must have been bewitched indeed he must have been!

July 12, 2020 22:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

12 comments

Tochukwu Umenne
16:16 Jul 15, 2020

I love dis dr.. Mor grace

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jesse Adah
22:07 Jul 13, 2020

After reading this my hunger for the next article just increase.nice idea dear more grace

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mabel Benedict
08:02 Jul 13, 2020

Intriguing ☑️☑️☑️ Good write up darl

Reply

Show 0 replies
Eke Samuel
07:51 Jul 13, 2020

I will title it the much anticipated proposal

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ahmed Muazu
07:46 Jul 13, 2020

@Queendaline this is Apt! In every good deeds, either known or unknown; there's always a third eye watching...(Almighty God). The Lord is ur strength!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Toria Eme
07:08 Jul 13, 2020

This is such an intriguing story , Keep up the good work 👍.

Reply

Show 0 replies
FRANKLIN OGBU
06:48 Jul 13, 2020

Wow! This is a great work. The delivery of thought is top notch. May your ink never dry.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Frank Justice
06:24 Jul 13, 2020

The story presented is conscience driven

Reply

Show 0 replies
Frank Justice
06:22 Jul 13, 2020

Very insightful

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:56 Jul 13, 2020

My story is an epic one which I try to display every aspect of human life, and how anxiety can be underated

Reply

Show 0 replies
Princess Frank
00:39 Jul 13, 2020

What a wonderful story I hope you keep the work on so that I can keep reading more of your poet

Reply

Show 0 replies
Haruna Penni
00:38 Jul 13, 2020

Introduce heated dialogue and denouement by turning the plot's narration upside down. By and large, its a good beginning in the effort to catch up the writer's Edward. When viewed from literary point of criticism, the work shall be subjected to stylistic form, historical reality, readers response, psychoanalysis and postcolonial tendencies.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.