1422 comments

Drama Gay

Fourth part of Home. Has nothing to do with prompt. Enjoy!


“Yeah, I like it here.” Daniel says into the phone.

TJ called him after Daniel had taken a shower.

His room is simple. And blue. Why is it so blue?

 The walls are indigo, and the dresser is sky blue. There are paintings of water and the sky, hung on the wall. He has a light blue comforter and royal blue pillows. He feels out of place in the over sized green shirt, and black shorts he’s wearing.

“What's wrong?” TJ asks him.

Daniel’s laying on his back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

“What do you mean?” He says. Something is wrong, but he’s not going to admit it right away.

“You sound sad. And distant.” TJ informs him.

He bites his lip. “I do not.”

“Yes, you do. And, I bet you're biting your lip right now.” TJ says.

Dang it, TJ. You know me too well. “How do you even know that?”

He laughs. “When you're upset about something you don't want to talk about, you bite your lip.” 

“Whatever.” Daniel says. He stops biting his lip.

TJ laughs again. “ But really, what's wrong?”

“It’s - well, I’m just worried about my dad.” He says with a sigh, running a hand through his wet hair.

“What are you worried about?” TJ asks. (TJ wants to be a therapist, so Daniel was constantly a practice patient.)

Daniel bites his lip again. “What if he gets mad I called my mom? Or he wants me to come back? Or he wants to hurt me? Or-”

TJ interrupts him. “Danny, it’s fine. If you don't want to go back, you don't have to. If he’s mad about your mom, he shouldn't have kicked you out. I don't think your dad would hurt you. Even if he did, he’s gonna have to get through me first.”

Daniel snorts. “Thanks, I feel very safe.”

“I could totally take him!” TJ protests.

Daniel tries not to laugh. “I would love to see you fight my dad, who, by the way, works out daily and is twice your size.”

“Shut up.” TJ replies, laughing. “I would, though. For you.”

Now Daniel’s grinning. “Thanks. I would too.”

“With your ninja skills? Or your seducing ones?” TJ teases.

“Don't worry,” Daniel says. “The seducing skills are only for you.”

TJ laughs again. “Okay, good.”

Someone knocks at the door. 

“Hold on.” Daniel says, rolling off the bed.

He opens the door. 

“Hey! I’m Angel! Your Daniel, right? Wow. You look just like Catherine.”

Daniel blinks. “Uh… yeah?”

The girl in front of him has long black hair, and light skin. She was smiling, which showed off her perfect looking teeth. She had dark brown eyes, and freckles splattered across her face. She’s shorter than him by a few inches.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Angel. Mom said dinners ready.” She says.

Daniel nods. “Hi, Angel. Will you give me just a sec? I’m on the phone.”

“Yeah, I’ll wait.”She says.

Daniel turns , and puts the phone to his ear. “Are you still there?”

“Of course.” TJ replies.

“Okay, I’ve got to go. See you tomorrow?”

“Okay. Love you, Danny.”

“Love you too.” Daniel replies, smiling.

They hang up, and Daniel turns back to the door. Angel’s smiling at him.

“Who was that?” She asks him, grinning.

He walks out into the hallway. “TJ.”

“Would this TJ happen to be your boyfriend?” She asks, following him.

Daniel stops. “How’d you figure that out?”

“I know you got kicked out for something. I heard you ‘TJ’ you love him. I’m assuming TJ is a boy. Most boys don’t say that to each other. So.”

Daniel thinks about what she says. “Nice.”

They talk as they walk down the stairs, and into the kitchen.He finds out that she’s sixteen, asexual, and loves drawing, writing, crafts and watching movies.

When they reach the bottom of the stairs, Catherine passes them some plates and cups to bring into the den. They help put stuff down, and then sit on one of the couches.

Almost everybody that had been in the house was in the den.

The couches were packed, and people were laying on blankets in front of the T.V.

They eat pizza that has been made by Eva, the transgender chef. They watch the movie, and eat pizza and cookies. Angel falls asleep, leaning her head on his shoulder.

As Daniel’s drifting to sleep, he realizes he now has two friends.


Daniel woke to the smell of bacon and pancakes.

He blinks his eyes open, and sits up. 

He had fallen asleep on the couch beside Angel, who’s curled up, with her back to Daniel. Someone had put a blanket over each of them during the night. The den was empty other than him, so he got up quietly to see who was in the kitchen..

A clock reads 10:46. He checks his phone to see how far the movie theater is. Twenty minutes away. 

He looks in the kitchen.

Catherine is standing at the counter, in black shorts, and an undershirt. She has on a long white apron, and headphones. She’s mixing something he assumes is a pancake mix. 

She's so focused on the food, she doesn't even see him. She’s singing along softly to whatever she’s listening to.

Finally, Daniel goes into the kitchen. She smiles at him, and takes out the headphones.

“Hey, Daniel.” She says. “Want some food?”

“Hi. Yeah, food would be great.” He says, sitting in a chair.

She makes him a plate, and sets it in front of him.

 There are two amazing looking pancakes, and two pieces of bacon. She sits down at the table too.

“So, how do you like it here?” She asks him.

He smiles. “I love it here.”

She beams. “Good. I hope you know you're safe here. Nobody will judge you here.”

“I know.” He tells her. “I like everybody here. And this house is beautiful.”

“Thanks.” She says, smiling.

 Now, they don’t have anything to talk about, and Daniel tries to think of something to say.

Oh yeah. “I promised TJ I’d go see him today at twelve.”

“Do you need a ride? I’m going to the grocery store today, and I can drop you off.” She offered.

He smiled. “Could you? That would be great.”

“No problem. Can you be ready to go by eleven thirty?” She asks, looking at the time.

10:56.

“Yes.” He says.

She gets up to keep working on the food.

He finishes his food as Angel comes in.

“Morning,” She yawns.

Catherine puts a plate in front of Angel as she sits next to Daniel. 

“What are you doing today?” She asks him,

He smiles. “Going to the movies with TJ.” 

 “You're going on a date?” She squealed.

“Yeah? And I have to leave in about...” He looks at the clock. 11:07. “About 20 minutes. So, I should probably change.”

He goes upstairs, and looks through the clothes five times, and still doesn't know what to wear.

He sighs and drops on the bed, swinging an arm over his eyes.

“Do you need help?” He hears Angel ask after a while.

He uncovers his eyes and sits up.

“Yes, please.”

She starts looking through the clothes, as he glances at the time.

11:23. 

“Okay, here.” Angel says finally.

She hands him some clothes, and steps out.

He quickly puts on the black jeans, and pulls on the black shirt, and blue jacket.

“Okay, I’m dressed.” He tells Angel, opening the door.

She looks him over, then grabs a black scarf, and wraps it around his neck.

“There.” She says. “Now, hurry up and go to the car. It’s nearly eleven thirty.”

He hugs her. “Thank you so much.”

“No problem.” She replies, grinning.

He grabs his bag, and rushes down the stairs. Catherine’s dressed, and waiting by the door.

“Ready?” She asks, after smiling at his outfit.

He nods. “Yep.”

He’s trying not to show it, but he’s really excited to see TJ for the first time in three weeks.

He checks his phone, and almost trips.

There's a text from his dad.



There's the cliffhanger I love. Ha ha.

January 08, 2021 22:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1422 comments

Sorry, I only got you to 2,600 so far. I need 400 more comments!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
15:56 Jan 11, 2021

omg I just sat through your guy's 200+ comment thread and upvoted every single one lol alright hit me with the 400 one XDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

I need you people to spam like heck, please.

Reply

Ari Berri
23:56 Jan 09, 2021

k

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
23:56 Jan 09, 2021

k

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
23:56 Jan 09, 2021

k

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 208 replies

I kissed a ginger today :)

Reply

Ari Berri
17:15 Jan 12, 2021

Seriously?

Reply

Show 0 replies

It's National Kiss A Ginger's day after all.

Reply

Ari Berri
17:23 Jan 12, 2021

oh yeah i forgot

Reply

You going to kiss a ginger?

Reply

Ari Berri
17:29 Jan 12, 2021

Maybe?

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

I'm so sorry! Upvoting all 1,043 comments at once is a bit of a hassle. Is it okay if I don't finish it today? I'm still working on it, again, sorry!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Writer Maniac
16:36 Jan 11, 2021

Come on! Don't kill me like this! I really wanna know what he texted to him now! Thank you for telling me to read this, it was really wonderful and totally worth it! Could you please leave some feedback on the two stories I had mentioned before? Thanks :)

Reply

I know! Cliffhangers are the worst.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
17:15 Jan 19, 2021

The net part is done!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

I zoomed in on your profile picture... Best profile picture ever.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:16 Jan 11, 2021

Thanks! Could you read the words? I don't know if they show.

Reply

I don't know for other user's-(I'm on mobile.) But I have to hold the image to see up closer.

Reply

Ari Berri
16:32 Jan 11, 2021

Ohhh.

Reply

If your on computer, what is it like?

Reply

Ari Berri
16:50 Jan 11, 2021

It doesn't show the whole thing, just Scar's face, and the bottom of the words.

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

YES! 3,000 POINTS!

Reply

Ari Berri
03:13 Jan 11, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
22:10 Jan 08, 2021

OMG how did you write five stories so quickly??? WOW

Reply

Ari Berri
22:11 Jan 08, 2021

I wrote this a year ago, I'm just copying them on here.

Reply

Maya -
22:14 Jan 08, 2021

Oh, still you posted so many in the last few hours. :D

Reply

Ari Berri
22:15 Jan 08, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
12:42 Mar 24, 2021

Don’t leave me like this!!! I love the detail that you put into the blue room. I could picture every single little thing. I love that. You are such a great writer and it’s so hard for me to find something you need to work on and give constructive criticism. On another note, it looks like all the points I gave you disappeared. I’m gonna gang up with some of my friends and we are gonna get you, slowly but surely, back to where you deserve to be. Downvoting has gotten out of hand. When I upvote people a few hundred points they vanish as...

Reply

Ari Berri
14:13 Mar 24, 2021

Thank you. I'm glad you like my work so much. Thank you! I'm trying to upvote as many people as I can so they don't lose as many points as me.

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
14:26 Mar 24, 2021

I am working so hard to upvote all these people. But more and more loose points every day.

Reply

Ari Berri
14:29 Mar 24, 2021

It's seriously unfair.

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
14:44 Mar 24, 2021

No joke. I am trying my hardest to upvote you. You got hit so hard. You deserve to get back up.

Reply

Ari Berri
14:48 Mar 24, 2021

Thank you! Seriously.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mango Chutney
08:19 Feb 10, 2021

🏳️‍🌈

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sue Marsh
19:04 Jan 12, 2021

Well done and a great read

Reply

Ari Berri
19:07 Jan 12, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
17:55 Jan 11, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
17:56 Jan 11, 2021

XD Thanks!

Reply

Unknown User
17:59 Jan 11, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
18:01 Jan 11, 2021

I won't, don't worry.

Reply

Unknown User
18:02 Jan 11, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
18:04 Jan 11, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
17:14 Jan 19, 2021

The net part is done!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
19:03 Jan 09, 2021

That's one vote!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
17:57 Feb 15, 2021

CLIFFFHANGERR

Reply

Ari Berri
17:59 Feb 15, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
00:32 Jan 20, 2021

K but TJ and Daniel are now my big ship. Also, cliffhanger. WHY ARI WHY, but it's okay, I'm going to read the next part now :)

Reply

Ari Berri
01:10 Jan 20, 2021

:D

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
01:23 Jan 20, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.