0 comments

General

Have you ever had the embarrassing moment when you realize your fly is open? You must have wished that someone told you, while also thankful that no one saw you, right? Well that was what happened to Joshua Gurerro. Joshua goes to Jefferson Madison Middle school, or JM for short. He is tall, red-headed, with green eyes and a big mouth. He is kind of nerdy, getting straight A’s, but also on the basketball team, so it kind of evens out. 

So one night, he stayed up all night playing video games.( Don’t pretend you haven’t done that, because I know you have.) He went to sleep at about 5:00 AM, so he was very tired in the morning. He groggily threw on some jeans and a shirt, ate cereal, and left for school. He noticed people looking at him kind of weird, but he thought it was their own problem, so he didn’t care. When he got to school, he went over to his normal table. He sat next to his best friend Paul. They were all giving him strange looks. “What,” he asked. “Nothing,” they said, and looked away. He shrugged and went back to what he was doing. When he was walking down the hallway, a group of “popular” students were giggling and pointing at him. I am sure you have already guessed why. BECAUSE HIS FLY WAS OPEN!!! He obviously did not know that at the time, and he assumed they thought he was “cute”, and even tried to talk to one of them. The girl just walked away giggling. He thought “ Why is everyone staring and giggling at me?” He gave himself a once-over, and he didn’t notice anything strange. 

He went into the first period, which was math. Everytime he stood up to answer a question, everyone started laughing. Even the teacher was trying not to laugh. Similar things happened in all his other classes, and everytime it happened, he got more and more frustrated. He kept checking himself to see what was wrong. Was there food on his mouth? An eye booger? An actual booger? None of those. He thought everything was fine, so why do people keep laughing at him? He was still pondering over this question when the hottest girl in the school came over to him. He was so surprised. He thought the day was finally going to take a turn for the best. He straightened his composure and waited for her to talk. When she finally opened her mouth, it seemed like everyone around was straining to hear what she was about to say. She said” Your fly is open.” Everyone around them started bursting into hysterical laughter. He has never been more embarrassed in his life. He slowly looked down, and sure enough, his fly was open. He quickly zipped up his pants, and ran outside. 

When he got home, he told his parents everything, hoping to get some sympathy, but what he got instead was laughter from both his parents. Oh, that made him really mad, my friends. He stormed up to his room, and started feeling sorry for himself. He thought,” Why didn’t I notice earlier?” he thought. “Why didn’t anyone warn me?” He was on the brink of tears when his parents came into the room. He told them to get out, but they wouldn’t listen. He stayed in the room until he calmed down. Then they started talking. “I’m sure they would all forget it by next week.” They were trying to make him feel better, but somehow, it only made it worse, because they said next week, so that means he would have to go through torture for the next 4 days. He was thinking about just skipping school, but he knew it would make him a wimp, so he sucked it up and decided to go to school the next day. He was a nervous wreck when going to school. Before he went out the door, he quadruple-checked himself to make sure the same episode did not happen again. When he got to school, the torment began. The school bully Dab Ully, standing at 6 feet tall,(IN MIDDLE SCHOOL) was waiting at the front door. He thought about just skipping school, but then remembered what happened last time.( Trust me, it was not a delightful experience to watch) He went to face the bully. 

The bully started by calling him names, but he knew that was just the beginning. Then, he started physically bullying him. First, he pushed him against a locker, and pulled down his pants. Everyone started laughing when they saw the Spider-man boxers he had underneath. Some people even took pictures, and started posting them all over the internet. Next, he gave him a turbo wedgie. To all of you guys who do not know what a turbo wedgie is, it is a wedgie, but he almost rips off your underwear. And oh the pain, especially for boys, because your balls will basically get crushed. Next is underwater exploration, which is not nearly as fun as it sounds. He pushes your head into the toilet, and flushes it. You basically feel your face almost getting ripped off. Now comes the worst. He shoves you inside of Peter Wang’s locker. For all of you who don’t know who Peter Wang is, he is obsessed with animals. He even keeps some grasshoppers, a boa constrictor, and a tarantula inside his locker!!! He keeps you in there until the first bell, then you can get out. Similar things happened throughout the day, and he had never been so happy to get out of school before. 

He went through the rest of the week in constant fear, and avoided all the bullies. He ate lunch in the restrooms, and hid after school for a few hours in the library before going home. After a week, he thought his nightmare was over. He went to school, and sure enough, the bullies have found another victim. He was about to start celebrating, but then some dude came up to him and said,“You have a hole in your pants.”


June 24, 2020 21:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.