2 comments

Drama Science Fiction Creative Nonfiction

It starts off with a curious girl named "Emma" getting a wristwatch that can bend time and change the frequency of reality. She starts to see that she can use her new powers to help people .


At first, she saves children from a burning car twice in the same day.


After two weeks She helps a little boy who has been shot. She saves a little girl from drowning. She even manages to save a man from committing suicide.


This technology is more than just an ordinary AI , But with this new extra power, "Emma" must catch up to her own level of responsibility, rather than just be reactive to crises.


Quicker than anything else ever has, the wristwatch able to learn the skills unlike any other Machine changing itself at will, enter into brain anyone or anything and analyzing ; but an influx of these superpowers on a rare wristwatch threatens to rip "Emma's" brain apart while she ignore the whispered pleas for stop footing in an uncompromising world. She struggles to find a way to balance it all. To save everyone .


The watch becomes like a drug, and "Emma" becomes addicted to the rush of being able to manipulate time and space, even if she knows it's not healthy.


She knows this is dangerous, so she tries to stop using the watch, but the withdrawal makes her feel sick and weak, and she starts to see hallucinations of the people who have died around her because of her actions to change time, everything comes with a price, especially messing with time, and trying to save someone, makes someone replacing with another.


She knows that her addiction is dangerous, and she must find a way to break free before she goes too far.


But as she struggles to find a way to stop using the watch, she realizes that the watch isn't just changing the time , but it's also changing her and making her think differently about life. 


It's showing her how to take control over her future. And she realizes there are things she needs to do to keep herself together.


As Emma learns more about what her ability means for her, she finds out that sometimes you need to let go of something important to get what you want. The only problem “Emma doesn't know exactly what she wants anymore.”

And when "Emma" finally stops trying to escape the watch's influence, it changes everything.

Now, Emma is forced to face the consequences of her actions.


How did she end up here?

What does it mean to be human?

Can she really make a difference in the world? 

Or is it already too late?

***

Emma was standing in the middle of a crowded street.

People were walking by, going wherever they needed to go.

 Cars were driving down the road, honking their horns. People were shouting.


 Dogs barked. Birds chirped. 

Traffic lights changed colors.

 A train passed through. 

All of this happening at once.

It seemed normal enough.

Except Emma could hear nothing.

Not a single sound.


The effect of the clock began to take effect, she was not able to sense time and its passage, everything became fixed and fast, even feelings, became related to time.


At this point, she understood that she had lost control of her mind, she didn't understand why, or where it came from, but the watch was controlling her.




Her head was spinning. She felt dizzy, confused, and disoriented.

A man ran past her, screaming.

Emma tried to follow his voice, to figure out what he wanted. But she couldn't hear him.


He screamed again, then stopped. He turned around.

There was blood running down the side of Emma's face. His eyes looked worried, like he'd seen something terrible.


Emma tried to speak. Her mouth opened. No words came out.

Emma reached up to touch her face, but her hand went right through her skin.

She heard a loud bang, and a sharp pain shot through her chest.


Then, she saw a flash of light.

The next thing she knew, Emma was lying in her bed in her house, looking at the ceiling.



She wondered if she should call someone.

Should she tell them what happened?

She thought back to the night she got the watch.


Why did she choose to pick up the time wristwatch?!


Was it because she liked the way it looked, or was it because she was drawn to its abilities?


Was it because she wanted to impress people, or was it because she wanted to be noticed?


What was the real reason?


Emma realized that she wasn't sure.

All she knew was that the watch made her feel powerful, and she didn't want to give it up.


That was why she kept wearing it. That was why she ignored the warnings.


Emma lay in bed wondering if she should try to get rid of the watch. If she could just throw it away, maybe she would wake up feeling better.


She decided she would quit using the watch.

She started to get out of bed.

Something caught her eye.


A small box was sitting on her dresser.

She picked it up and opened it. Inside was a note.


It said, "You are no longer the person you used to be."

She read the note over and over again.

It was signed, "Your friend, John."

Emma felt confused.


At this moment, she knew that she might destroy the future with her reckless actions.

She looked around her room.


Everything was the same.

Nothing had changed.


She decided to go back to the time she picked up the time wristwatch and stop herself from doing it.

She closed her eyes and waited for the next thing to happen.

She waited for her body to react.

Emma opened her eyes and looked at the clock on her wall. It was 5:00 AM.


She came back "30 minutes" before she found the time wristwatch. She went to that place, and found the watch and smashed it so that no one would find it, and it would bring a disaster. 

On her way back, she met the man who helped her when she was injured .


He smiled at her and said, :"Have we met before?"

She smiled and said, :"Shall I invite you for a cup of coffee so that we can remember together?"

They both laughed ,

"by the way my name is John" he Said


And from inside the café, they both sounded happily ever after while it's snowing.

The END

June 18, 2022 00:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Maria Avisal
04:18 Jun 24, 2022

This is such a creative idea. I liked the way you ended this story. I think you could expand on the beginning by giving more details about the positive (and negative!) consequences of the powers she is given by the watch.

Reply

03:44 Jun 25, 2022

Dear Maria 🌻 Thank you so much for taking time to write your reply ,I understand what you mean, And it will be one of my priorities in the future. I know how hasty I was to write what was on my mind, I wanted to convey human conflicts《🫀🧠》. Thank you and I wish you a beautiful day and life 🌠. with my respect and love 💝 ♧Evella The Caramella♧

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.