The avatar.

Written in response to: End your story with someone finding themselves.... view prompt

9 comments

Funny

1:20 pm.

“Stop shaking as a leaf sweetie.”

“I’m scared mom!”

“Remember the Van Gogh’s quote baby.”

“Yes mom. I know it by heart: the beginning is perhaps bla! bla! bla!…”

“Say it sweetheart, it helps”

“The beginning is perhaps more difficult than anything else, but keep heart, it will turn out all right.”

“It suits you mom! Amen! Owoman!”

“That’s it darling. I love when you joke and I love Ben Harper.”

"How do you feel now my baby?"

"I'm fine, because this will be my last participation mom!"

"Of course, honey, if you lose this one, I'll find out what you're good at."

"Stop right now and let me focus!"

3:30 pm.

“And the winner is Zendia! "

"You did my darling. I'm proud of you. I love you!"

3:45 pm.

"Get in the car, I'll call your daddy."

" She did it! She was the best!

“She deserved it. Yes honey, good idea to have dinner at the restaurant.”

"Your daddy is going to invite us to a dinner party. It suits you honey! "

"Okay, I'd rather walk with my friends instead, but..OK"

"You're not happy baby, you haven't said a word."

"I'm glad you are! I'm busy. I am reading the book that I have to summarize for next week. Haven't you noticed?”

4:30 pm

"Hi Dad!"

“Hi honey, well done my baby! You need to take a break from this stress; "

“Yes, my daddy. I will!"

“Get ready, we're going to have dinner and go watch a movie of your choice."

"I hope you won't snore as usual!"

"Stop insulting me little girl. Luckily, I love you, else I will.... I love you my baby you are a wonderful girl."

“Where’s your mom?”

“In her bedroom.”

"How do you like my outfit honey."

“Gorgeous honey. Little overdressed for a family outing.”

“I’m dressed in the honor of our champion honey!”

"You haven't seen that she is tired, that she endeavors to satisfy your will."

"Are you saying it's my fault our daughter has championing skills?"

"I'm telling you to discover your skills or make your dreams come true but not through her!"

“Ah. Yes! I see, you want her to be this little unknown intellectual like you without a spirit of conquest and a small wage. "

“I managed to conquer you. Don't you think that was a great performance somehow! "

"Of course, because I considered myself a little game to a little hunter and you were all I deserved and no more!"

“Your worlds are upsetting me. How can you say such things to a man who loves you?”

"I'm telling you what you thought of me honey. I was that little teacher you impressed with your sentences straight out of books I haven't had the chance to read. Admit it's the truth."

"You are wrong my beauty, I choose you first for the beauty and then I fell in love with you for your intellect."

"You're joking on me man. What an intellect, the one I use each single day to teach babies to learn grammatical phrases and songs. That's it!”

"No, I'm talking about the one you use in your emails when we were away from each other, the one you sometimes read to me from paragraphs in your diary. That unique style that you can't find in books or anywhere else. This style which makes vibrate the heart of the little intellectual as you named me."

“Do you want to distract me from my goal? Would you like me to give up on helping Zendia develop her skills and be self-centered as I turn 30?"

“This is not my purpose, Zendia is not your Avatar. You don't have entitled to see her as your tool to make your dream come true. You must focus on your writing.”

“What writing? Do you mean that draft I gave you to read two months ago? You didn't at least dare to be honest and tell me it's crap.”

"I knew all about you honey, but I couldn't imagine you being as rude as you are right now. Zendia is waiting for us, let’s move. "

"I don't want to anymore, go between intellectuals instead. You will have the same language and the same dreams which are not particularly high."

"Please do it for your daughter who admires you and for whom you promised."

"You right, I will for her to protect her from your little dreams too. A little one-on-one with you and you will brainwash her like you did for me."

6:45 pm.

" Oh my God ! I hate this traffic jam. Did you finish your last book, girl?”

“Almost daddy. I will give you my summary to read it please.”

“It will be a pleasure my daughter. Why not your mother? She is the greatest writer of the country. Are you aware? "

"They're doing it again, I'm going to put on my airpods. I hate to hear that kind of talk again that makes me want to throw up."

"What did you say daddy. She's a great writer! Are you serious ?

“Yes honey, she was and she is!"

" Are you kidding daddy! Tell me the truth. What happened, what made you say that? "

“One month ago, I sent her draft to editor Chris Evans in New York.”

“And what?”

“Today I got an email from the editor asking if she wanted to sign an agreement to publish her work and write more for them.”

"Does she know about it?"

"Not yet!"

"Mum, did you hear what daddy said. Get rid of your airpods mom!"

"What's going on honey, are you crying?"

"What did you say to her again?" "

“Mom, you're a writer, your work has been accepted by the top editor in America. "

"That's what you dress fancy for. You hid it from me my naughty darling and that's what dad invited us."

“What are you talking about! Are you crazy?”

“Well done honey! You go down in history thanks to your shitty draft as you told me three quarters of an hour ago.”

"I can't trust you man. You're kidding me!"

“Look in my cell phone to see the email for yourself! my little tutor. "

"Oh my God! I did it."

"Well done my mom! I'm happy for you. I'm proud of mom."

“I did it out of frustration, because neither your grandma nor your grandpa did. I loved and married your dad thinking he would succeed and erase my frustration. Three great intellectuals in my life and no one has succeeded. "

“I told myself what this sterilized family that consumes but does not produce. They swallowed tens of hundreds of pages of books but never spat out a mouthful.”

“Then you decided to do it yourself. It's that? Mom."

“No honey, I was disappointed. I turned to you my daughter to look for other skills that my three intellectuals don't have. I saw in you the greatest tennis player that the earth has ever seen to be born. "

"But when did you decide to write books?"

“Never honey, I didn't mean to write. I just tried to kill my frustration by writing drafts."

"Mom, you finally find your avatar which is yourself."

"Yes honey! I find myself."

7:45 pm.

“Girls, there you are! We have arrived to celebrate your success.”

December 12, 2021 07:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Nouh Boutat
12:42 Dec 18, 2021

One of your best, but still prefert the first one 👍👍❤️❤️

Reply

Boutat Driss
16:45 Dec 18, 2021

A lot of thanks my dear Nouh!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
F.O. Morier
18:56 Dec 13, 2021

What a cute story! I enjoyed reading it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ben Rounds
16:35 Dec 13, 2021

😂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Palak Shah
14:10 Dec 12, 2021

I love the way that this story is written and I enjoyed reading it. Well done. Could you please read my latest story if possible? :)) Thanks :))

Reply

Boutat Driss
14:20 Dec 12, 2021

thank you so much. I ready your story. I love it. Please see my comment!

Reply

Palak Shah
14:22 Dec 12, 2021

I did. Thank you so much :))

Reply

Phoenix Osborne
00:39 Dec 15, 2021

I'll read your story, Palak!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jie Liu
07:59 Dec 12, 2021

👍👍👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.