0 comments

Contemporary Inspirational

No one knows exactly what was my date of birth.Mother often says "Sidra born three or four days before India Pakistan cricket match 1986,Pakistan won the match by one wicket.Raised in a conservative family of okara Pakistan,where there were spacial farms for fruits and vegetables but nothing special for me. Often I depressed myself by asking such question,irritated and irrational for the society,that we woman folks are born to raised kids and to be dominated by the men society,nothing ours,instead a weep."Girl,today a match is coming to see you."Reluctantly went to see them with my dupatta on on my head and eyes down."Do you know cooking?Do you ever stitch? Do you ever washed? They didn't ask my tendency for studies.What sort of people they are? "I'm not ready for marriage".My mother looked me with her somber eyes and said."initially,every girl says like this but after marriage the love of husband make her comfortable."I was adamant.No" was my answer.When I admitted in college,I met a lad,Ali ,who came from a tiny village to okara.He pulled up by poverty striken,never saw a theater,a mall,even a church.I first met him in my aunt's house,he was tutoring his kids."What sort of a lad is he,? Jungle boy."I said to my self."I came here to get education,my brother who is a mechanic in a workshop,he sponsored me."He always talked depressing,"I would do my studies but I a poor lad,how I would make,all the boys around here are well known and well off.I would never make here".

One day I saw Ali in a computer lab.All the time he bowed his head in a computer .".Sidra,I am learning computers and now I'm taking it good,I started a target market."He said proudly.But it is not an kids entrepreneurship,"I said concerned and one day all went mess,he was not having computer and a laptop of his own.we had a fight.So many days we didn't talk.

"Listen,Sidra,I won a grant,of 10,000 Dollars,I applied it some times ago,I have forgotten it."Ali said impatient.

The whole thing happened by chance.When he was working on a computer,he had found some shoes crafts men.we both had an idea .we asked the leather shoes crafts men,about the clients we have and they said Yes.Now we don't have money to start with.we started learning leather shoe business,raw hides,soles,we both naively followed the whole process but a notion pinching me badly was "heavy investment ".which we don't have.we tried many companies but all in vain.Eventually,we found. Y combinator in US,the silicon valley accelerators known for blockbusters like Airbnb and DoorDash.But their conditions perturbed us .The company didn't allow any venture to launch projects from Pakistan.Again a big blew to US.Ali borrowed money and departed to US and in return he brought investment of 30,000,Dollars from two investors..With some of that money,launched kickstarter campaign and hit the large amount of 107,286 Dollars.we became confident and leadoff their family's will,"Got Married".Decided to fly to US for the entire venture and applied to YCambinator again.we got in US,barely speaking English.we both taken classes in English Language and watching movies with sub titles.On the other hand,we joined the summer session of YC.First time saw the Harvard and Stanford's graduates, launching buzzy tech startups.This time we both wrestled to work insanely on our English side spoken.

we made it with English but Ali noticed one thing that individuals here in US are not wearing Leather crafted shoes,the only shoes the people like here in US and Pakistan,that was Sneakers.Even the business people they use it to their offices and on other front leather shoes became expensive and the people were unable and unwilling to buy this type of product on line services.Many questions raised up."if you plunged into sneakers than what are Nike and other manufacturers are up to? The whole day we were in search for so many questions asking from so many people.slowly our mission emerged up.we got the answers.The sneakers are every day shoes,and shoes are great way to start,if they could get it right one day they would make it.They could possibly one day expand to other essentials.still our road map seemed unclear.I and Ali pretending as a students, to know about the sneakers industry,trying what the people liked to wear every day.we interviewed the people,their way of walking with the sneakers and snapping of their feet comfertibility wearing sneakers.I still remember one customer volunteerly spoken up"My feet are happy in sneakers".Now we were on comfort level.we talk to a manufacturers in south Korea and named our company "Atom".

We wanted to create our brand around the artsy of urban community.we were inspired by the ideas built with intentions such as,Nike's, first focus was on running,Patagonia's environmental ideas."If we build a global sneaker brand and allocating a big part of our life,it has to be our interest."Says Ali.who also writes poetry,while Sidra is a painter."

One day we received an email from Alex Ohanian,the Reddit cofounder and VC.Flying straight from San Francisco to talk in detail about sneakers development.Ohan was greatly exhausted,his feet was 14.5,

So we handed him a pair for his wife,Serena Williams.Next day Ohia,the tennis player,thumbs up for the Atom and invested leadly in Atom,and raised 8.1millions.Than ,as a great chilly sauce,Masha Butcher's,.The company became great from all the dimensions.

"Now the hardworking not ended.Do more required." I Said.Now to maintain the sneakers edge ,more efficient effective workmanship is required..

It's the first warm day of April,Sidra is rooting around the stacks of shoe boxes,in Atoms ware house,which they hired as a warehouse,in a sprawling Brooklyn Navy yard,the former building site of ww11 warship,that is now a haute manufacturing hub."Now you Will always find me in diaphanous white dress.But My hands are cold.I would fire some one,it always gives me severe anxiety".Sidra said .For me and Ali,it's a space not so long ago,could appears in our dreams.Massive windows ring the area,to one side is an art gallery,Wall fashioned out shoe boxes,some of which are revealed to Atoms sleek,color full sneakers,stuffing the structure like gemstones.But as the firing reminds me ,as this new dream is laces with the own sets of challenges.

The End."Atom".

,




July 15, 2022 14:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.