My story is titled Mrs. Victoria Brempong a renowned Dentist was nominated for a prestigious award on Mothers day.

Written in response to: Write about someone who has been nominated for a prestigious award, but isn’t sure they deserve it.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Creative Nonfiction Western

My story is titled my mother Mrs. Victoria Brempong a renowned Dentist was nominated for a prestigious award on Mothers day.


On Mothers day the nomination of my mother Mrs Victoria Brempong filled her with a strong sense of pride and she thanked the Panel of Judges for their singular honour.

During the month of May my mother Mrs Victoria Brempong was contacted by phone in order to receive a prestigious award.

It was at this moment that my dear mum was so excited in her old age.

She first informed the entire family and my father.

It was during this moment that the entire family became so excited that their dear mum was nominated for an award.

As a Dentist she often advice school children and the elderly to often brush their teeth twice a day and chronically visit the Dentist almost every six months at the Dental clinic or hospital.

She mentioned that this may help in promoting a good oral hygiene with a good breath.

Also due to her hard work in the health sector in providing the community with a hospital and clinic,

the judges came to an agreement that she needs to be commended and also congratulated with a prestigious award during the Mothers day event.


Again ,my mother Mrs Victoria Brempong understood fully the responsibilities of her position and she looked forward to interacting with the community at large.

Also Mrs. Victoria Brempong the lady nominated for the award represented the lodge in a professional manner.

She was nominated for an Award but she wasn't sure that she deserves it.

It can be noted that an individual reputation precedes the Awards.

However as according to the nominee's story it can be noted that Mrs. Victoria Brempong deserves the award.

As noted the most effective nomination package starts with a clear concise and specific opening statement of some sort about the reason why the nominee actually deserves an award for which they are being nominated as in the scenario of Mrs. Victoria Brempong.


In addition ,Mrs. Victoria Brempong the renowned Dentist was nominated for an Award due to the following reasons.

It was noted in the nominee's story that Mrs. Victoria Brempong exhibited ongoing initiative , devoted herself to a sustained and selfless voluntary service to the society at large.

Also she was noted to be kind and very hardworking in all business endeavour.

At most times she spends her leisure time reading and writing books.


However ,she has a few books to her credit. Sometimes she gives donation to the hospitals and the orphans at the Osu Childrens Home.

She is sometimes known as a philanthropist at most times.

She is also a Christian by Religion and she worships and prays often.

Also Mrs. Victoria Brempong helped to establish and build a church in her neighbourhood.

She gave donation in order to help in the establishment of the church and a school for the community.

As in the Health sector she helped in providing hospital equipment ,sanitizers and face masks to the hospital as part of her Corporate Social Responsibility in the community.

In addition she helped in building a Library and a Dental clinic within the community.

The Library helped most school children to read, As readers become leaders within the society .

A reading Nation is a winning nation within the community.

At most times Mrs. Victoria Brempong encouraged school children to save towards the future.

She made it mandatory for all school children to open and have a Bank savings Account at Standard Chartered Bank.


Mrs. Victoria Brempong is very hardworking she volunteered and helped in the vaccination of the elderly at the hospital during the Covid-19 vaccination.

The elderly were vaccinated with Covax vaccine in order to prevent them from the infection of Covid-19.

As according to the nominee's story Mrs. Victoria Brempong is a very smart lady and hardworking in all her business endeavour.

She often encourage students to study hard in order to make an impact in society at large.

It was Mrs. Victoria Brempong who helped in giving the youth motor bikes for school. She helped establish the initiative of one student one motor bike that helped most students to easily drive to School.

As noted through leadership by example ,Mrs. Victoria Brempong often volunteers to teach the youth on good manners and she often assures the youth of good jobs after their studies in the Universities.


Sometimes Mrs. Victoria Brempong grants travelling opportunities and scholarships for school children and adults to go and study and also work abroad in order to bring foreign exchange to the country.

Again,Mrs. Victoria Brempong actually earned the respect of her peers and became a good role model to the society.

As can be noted Mrs. Victoria demonstrated innovation or some sort of creativity in delivering lasting results.

However Mrs. Victoria Brempong was later supported for the Honours nomination due to the fact that

1. It was confirmed that the person is actually doing what they are being nominated for.

2. Again it was confirmed that an honour would be supported by the community at large.

3. The nomination must include significant and other recent achievements.

4. Also the Honours nomination seeks to then describe the impact that the person actually had.

In addition Mrs. Victoria Brempong during her tenure of office also worked with the Central Bank that is the Bank of Ghana to introduce new currency into the job market.

After Mrs. Victoria Brempong the renowned Dentist was nominated for an Award she wasn't actually sure that she deserves it.

However due to the fact that she was in her old age and out of service and out of service in her retirement.

During her adulthood she worked at the Ministry of Health in order to earn her livelihood and also fend for her family.

Mrs. Victoria Brempong dedicated her life in helping the poor and needy including the vulnerable of the society.


Finally, I will like to conclude that my mother Mrs. Victoria Brempong was very excited upon receiving the Award in the form of trophy and cash prizes during the Mothers day ceremony held at the Conference center.


May 26, 2022 06:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.