A MADDENING BIRTHDAY BASH

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about a stressed parent planning their child's birthday.... view prompt

0 comments

General

The day was hot and humid with sun shining so high and the clouds seemed as if just painted in the sky.


Everyone was just running around here and there on orders of Steephee, mother of three year old Savvy whose birthday party preparations were on. The birthday was on the very next day.

Steephee was all set with the caterer, decorator, tattoo guy, puppet show organizer, joy ride man and so on.

A huge mango cake was already orderd as mango was Savvy’s favorite.

Savvy was going to the best school of the city, the school of filthy rich people, where birthday was not only an occasion to rejoice but a day to exhibit every pomp and show possible.

The invites were already sent to the parents of all the kids of the section of play class whom they hardly even knew.

According to their concept, actually this was the base of making a new circle for themselves for their kids.

Steephee was already tired and was feeling very drained off after calling almost 30 moms of the classmates of Savvy.

Saying Hello, How are you ? I am Savvy’s mom was now repeated again and again so, her head was just going to burst.

She needed the so called “me time”.

“Kids are mad for their birthday;

They make us too” said Steephee.


Steve grinned and said I was looking forward to listen this from you.


Steephee gave a blank look and moved towards the garden.


But Savvy was now back from school and was playing her tantrums which frustrated Steephee even more.

Steephee suddenly remembered that the gifts that were to be distributed in the classroom during school time to Savvy’s classmates were still pending.

“Oh my Gosh”

She muttered with a hand on her forehead; carried Savvy along her right arm, ordered the maid to ask the driver to get the car ready to fly to the market.

With her aching head and energetic Savvy, they sat down in the car and started for the gift shop.


Suddenly, the sky was all dark with thunder sound just piercing the ears and lightening up high.

Steephee again snapped her forehead and said, “Was it necessary to have such a storm today.”


Everything will be ruined, so much work is left.

Oh no! cried aloud Steephee.


A soft voice of Savvy called out, What happened mom?

Why are you so angry?

Steephee murmured you don’t know how busy I am for your birthday, I have so much to do.

O God! Save me.


Savvy hugged her and said, “Mom don’t get disappointed;

I am just fond of the cake.”


As soon as Steephee heard this, she had tears in her eyes, she hugged Savvy tightly and said, “I love you Savvy; You’re a sweet heart”

This magical hug, the sweetest and the fondest words of Savvy just transformed every single thought of her Mom, Steephee.

Steephee realized that children are not happy by the show off game but they are fond of love and care.

They want quality time with the parents and friends. They can play even in the sand pit and enjoy a lot.


This is we parents who drag them to the clutters of richness and class.

It is we parents who want to boast off our status, while the children don’t even know what the status quo is.

So, Steephee took a deep breath and asked Savvy to look outside the car window; how dark it became in the day time and as they peeped out, it started raining.

Savvy was very happy to see the rain and so, both of them enjoyed their way to the gift shop.

Soon, they reached the gift shop and they bought the gifts and returns for the kids very thoughtfully. They bought coloring books and reading animal books for the little ones. Both of them enjoyed shopping together and had a great laughter. But of course Savvy had many unwanted demands of the things in the shop relatable to kids of that age.

While returning back to home, the rain stopped and Steephee suddenly observed the rainbow in the sky and showed it to Savvy as well.

“Rainbows are lucky” said Steephee.

Both of them giggled.

They reached home, Steve was sure that he would have to listen the frustrated talks of Steephee but to her surprise she entered the lawn smilingly and whispered much is done for today.

Let the show be a hit tomorrow for our princess Savvy.

Moving towards the kitchen, suddenly Steephee shouted because she slipped and fell down.

Steve and the maid rushed towards her and helped her to get up. Steephee was crying, her ankle was in pain and she was unable to stand properly.

Steve took him to the living room and made her sit comfortably and asked her to twist her ankle.

“It is paining”, cried more Steephee.”

Savvy rushed inside with her doctor set and said “Mom, I’ll put a band aid and you’ll be alright in no time”

Steve brought a crepe bandage from the drawer and tied it around her left foot.

“I think it’s a sprain” said Steve.

Steehpee yelled ” how will we manage tomorrow?”

Steve said you have food and have rest all will be fine by the morning.

Savvy mumbled, “Mom you’ll be okay for my birthday; I love you”

Steephee hugged both of them and took a deep breath.

All of them had dinner and went to sleep.

Next, morning Steephee got up fresh with no pain and was quite happy, she wished Savvy for her birthday while waking her up with a lot of kisses and hugs.

Savvy soon got up excitedly, got ready in her princess dress for her school and went to wake her dad for the drop off to school.

Usually, she goes to her school with Steve but today she went with both her parents and received so many blessings from all the teachers and their loved ones.

The cake cutting and gift distribution in school all went well and the evening birthday party was superb with lots of fun and frolic.

The cake lover Savvy enjoyed her birthday party fully and was quite excited for unwrapping all the gifts she received.


“All is well that ends well” said Steephee gratefully.



Deeksha Arora

Writer/Author

https://abillionthingstodo.com/


Other proposed titles for the story: STEEPHEE & SAVVY


A HIGHLIGHTED EYE OPENER BIRTHDAY BASH


META DESCRIPTION OF THE STORY:

The story is about the birthday preparations of a three year old girl, Savvy, daughter of Steephee and Steve. The birthday preparations were quite tiring and an eye opener for her mother, Steephee.

August 06, 2019 11:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.