1 comment

Fantasy

William, why you’re not getting up? You’ll going to get late for your final exam..

It was the third time Chris (William’s Dad) tried to wake him up..

I really don’t understand him, he wants to become world’s best Environmentalist but now he doesn’t even bother to wake up to make his dreams come true..

Chris whispered to himself in an audible enough voice..


You can’t even understand Dad what I’m going through, I had a nightmare which still giving me goosebumps,

William whispered in a sleepy but confused voice..

Ok fine, nightmares are not something special to even bother thinking about so just relax and go to your University otherwise you’ll not be able to make your dream come true..

Yeah I know nightmares are not that special but this one was really different and horrible..


(William was studying Environmental studies because he wants to become the World biggest and famous Environmentalist to work for the betterment of climate, safety of endangered species and other animals living in the forests... He also works as a rescue worker as a part timer.. In the whole world he only loves his Dad, other common Australian animals and the most adorable specie known as Koala Bears..)


After giving his final exam, he reached to the headquarter of New South Wales fire brigade where he works as a part timer but he was not mentally present at that moment because in his head he was having the glimpse of the dream he had yesterday in which a grandfather was telling a story of 'William' (himself) to his grandson in which he died while saving innocent animals from disastrous fire in the forest of New South Wales, also he realized that he’s not living in the real world but In the world of fantasy where the writer portrayed him as a hero…

Which type of dream it was, completely nonsense, I can’t be a hero of a story or a comic, I’ll become the real world hero, he whispered to himself..

The other day he had the same dream with the same tragedy and now it made him more tensed and conscious, at that day when he reached to the headquarter he heard the sirens of fire brigade vehicles and it seemed really chaotic In the headquarter..

What happened? He asked to one of his senior.. 

Don’t you know? There is a fire in the forest and we need to control it before it lead to become a disaster..

What..?? Unbelievable, William started to shiver and his nightmare just appeared in front of his eyes.. 

After few minutes he found himself with his Co workers and seniors in a fire brigade vehicle leading to the forest and then he realized he needs to pull together himself to safe the innocent species..

When they reached to the forest where fire got uncontrollable, they heard the voices of different animals who were screaming and crying out loud because of pain and burns…

William heard the voice of Koalas as well which made him more anxious and without even realized the dangerous situation he ran into the forest to save his favorite specie, other fire brigade workers shouted at him and then they also ran after him..

While saving the Koalas and other animals he got injured and didn’t even realize that he’s living his nightmare and making it a reality because at that moment he just want to save the animals as more as possible..

After rescuing some of the animals, his co workers asked him to leave because the fire seemed more uncontrollable than they thought but William denied to go back because his love for animals didn’t allow him to leave them alone..

While running to the more dangerous side of forest he got the glimpse of his dream in which he died while saving Koalas and other animals at that moment he just stopped for a minute to think about what’s really happening? Was his dream true? Is he really a character of a story? And will he going to die really soon? All of these questions shook him up and at that moment all of his life started to appear in front of his eyes as a film and then he decided to prove his dream untrue and started to run behind, while running back he heard the voice of a young boy he saw in his dream, “He is not even a common human being grandfather but a super hero who decided to put himself in danger to save innocent animals, I wish we could have heroes like him in the real world as well, I’ll going to become like him”..


And then William just collapsed, where he fell, he saw a burned baby Koala crying for help which gave him a heartbreak after few seconds he stood up with the baby koala in his arms without even realizing the intensity of the burns and wounds he had at that moment and he prayed to GOD that let it be just his another nightmare but not a reality because it was not easy for him to accept his self a character of a story where he can't do anything without the permission of the writer, after he just reached to other rescue workers and they tried to take the Koala baby away from him, he just found himself crying out loud because both the Koala baby and him were in extreme pain and at the same time he was also facing the biggest but also the bitter reality of his life which was more painful for him because he thought that the animals and Koalas he's saving are not even real but just a character animals in a story...

Other rescue workers immediately took him to the ambulance where he was about to take his last breath…

While they were taking him to the hospital, William just closed his eyes and admitted that he’s the character of a story in which he’s not able to change his fate because it’s in the writer’s hand, somehow he felt thankful to the writer because he made his dream come true and then while taking his last breath he thought that what if this'll going to happen in a real world? Then who’ll going to save innocent animals because there is no William Chris in the real world...

And then right before he took his last breath, he satisfied himself with the thought that maybe his story will going to inspire the real humans as that kid inspired by him in his dream..!!!

 

March 08, 2020 21:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

19:59 Mar 09, 2020

It's a story of a fictional character who wanted to become a real life hero...!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.