The Vampire King's Sons

Submitted into Contest #101 in response to: Write a story that involves a reflection in a mirror.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Horror Thriller

It's ok, no one will know...

I'm safe now...

He can't- he can't hurt me. Not anymore.

------

I love the smell of a fresh-baked apple pie. There's nothing like it. No better way to make this home my own. Sure, I still haven't unboxed any of my boxes yet, but I have to do this first.


"Mum," I sigh as I take my first smell of the apple pie, straight out of the oven. I cut into the crispy crust of the pie and let the juices ooze out. Delish.

-----

"Wow, it's already 12:00am?" I say looking up from my book at the clock. "I really should go to bed," I say as I put my book down and make my way to the bathroom.


I stare at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hair is messy and I have bags under my eyes. I try to smooth my hair and rube the circles out of my eyes. I scoot closer in front of the mirror to wash my face. I turn on the water and let the ice water run through my hands. I hold the water in my hands like a bowl. As I bring the water up to my face I see a dark shadowy figure in its reflection. I drop the water and spin around looking behind me. I grasp the sink behind me as I stare out in front of me.


"Hello?" I ask as I scan the room. I look around the bathroom then out the door. I could swear I shut it. The bathroom and my room are connected so I have a straight view of my bed and the door leading out to the hall. I see nothing so I just think it's my mind playing tricks on me. I let out a shaky breath and turn back to the sink.


I splash the water on my face with some soap. "Aha, dame!" I yell as the soap gets in my eyes. I rinse the soap out of my eyes and rube them on the towel. As I look up in the mirror I see the figure again standing in the hallway door. This time I wast no time opening the sink drawer and pull out my NP-34 handgun. I turn around and point the gun at the figure.


He's a tall muscular man. He is devilishly handsome with eyes so dark I can barely see where his pupils end and his irises begin. He looks like he has light brown hair, but it's hard to see with his black hoodie covering his head. I point my gun at him ready to shoot.


When I suddenly feel arms around me. One around my neck and the other around my hand holding the gun.


"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Don't want me to be any angrier than I already am Lilliana," the person holding me says.


I then looked up towards the doorway and the man was gone. He was just standing across the room, how'd he get to me so fast? Shit. How does he know my name? Crap, he knows what I did. I stopped fighting him. If he's who I think he is I have no way of beating him.


"How did you do it?" he asks.


"Could you be more specific?" I hiss.


He hits me. Hard. Across my face. "Don't get cocky with me Lilliana. Just tell me how you killed me brother!" he yells.


Shit. I knew it. Marcello Scovino, the Vampire King's youngest son. How did he find me? Better question, how does he know I killed his brother? Ok, I know that sounds really bad but he was a MONSTER. His name was Giuseppe Scovino the Vampire King's oldest son. He was a Relic. Once a Vampire loses all its humanity they turn into a "Relic". After that, they don't care about anything. They just kill, kill and kill.


The CIA hired me to kill him. It's very hard to kill a vampire. Only two ways. A stake in the heart or decapitation. I did the second. I prefer that one because it's final. If you stake a vampire it is only final if the stake stays in the heart. Once the stake is out they come back to life. It was a hard job. He taunted me, fed on me, used me. It was horrible but it made it easier to kill him. He thought I was weak. Dumbass.


"Answer me!" Marcello yells hitting me again causing me to drop my gun.


"I have my ways," I say through my teeth.


"That's it!" is the last thing I hear Marcello say before I feel a blow to the head and I pass out.

-------

Damn, my head is throbbing! What the hell happened? I finally open my tired eyes. I'm in a car driving on a secluded highway. The only source of light is the moon. I look over to see Marcello driving, staring blankly at the road. My wrists are throbbing, what's on them? I try to move them but they're tied to the seat. I try to talk and ask where we are but there is something covering my mouth so all I get out are muffled words.


"Oh, you decided to finally wake up? Hu?" Marcello says looking over at me. I try to talk again but he stops me. "Don't waste your energy. You'll need it where we're going," he says smiling.


Ahhh! I want to scream! How can he do this to me? I bet he's taking me to the Vampire King himself. Worse than all of this I can't stop staring at him. I am so mad at him. I want to kill him! But he is just so hot. He’s not even doing anything. He’s just sitting there in his blue jeans and black hoodie. Shit! What am I saying? Look away, look away! But, I can't. It's as if there’s some pull to him that I can’t control.


I’ve been forcing myself to look away for at least 10 minutes. I can’t stand it! This is crazy he just abused me and kidnaped me! Now I can’t stop thinking about him? I have to look at him. It's not a want but a need. Don't do it! I tell myself. But I have to. I steal a quick glance towards him, only to find that he was looking at me too. Does he feel it too? I hold his gaze a long while until he abruptly looks away, smirking to himself.


“Like what you see?” he asks, laughing to himself.


Ahhh! I try to shoot back a snarky comment to match his but, with this cloth over my mouth he can't understand me. I scream angrily, this just causes him to laugh harder. I'm going to kill this bastard! That is if I don't fall in love with I'm first...

July 04, 2021 06:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.