0 comments

Fiction Science Fiction Horror

Everyone in America was familiar of what happened on October 30, 1938 "Doc". The CBS radio broadcast a live performance of the famous H.G Wells book "The War of the Worlds". It was performed with a sole intent to scare the listeners and I must say they succeeded on their goal to scare everyone. Panic occurred during that time my father was only 6 years old. I remember that he said during that time they thought it was real and they use human skins and blinked sideways. Extraterrestrial being for human beings at that time may be possible due to ignorance. Technology was not that great compare to this time. That prank was a success and it was pulled not on April 1st which many didn`t think of it like that.


Sunday morning on April 1st 2023 I was about to go to work. My routine was getting up, make a coffee, and turn on the TV. I did my usual routine at that time and on CBS channel I saw some videos of prank compilation since it was April Fools Day. I remember where the host laughed at compilations that was showed and suddenly an earthquake happened at their studio. The host was screaming and panicking and I thought to myself "Nice another prank". The TV went to standby and when it returned a host with eyes blinking sideways appears and announced they will launch a full invasion on Earth. I didn`t believe any of that since everyone was familiar of the prank they pulled on October 30th of 1938. After the broadcast upon looking down the time I was almost late I hurriedly turned off the TV and drive to my work. I notice it was too quiet at that day no one seemed to be around. I went to my office and saw my colleagues talking about the broadcast and I talked with them also about it. We have a laugh and suddenly another announcement inside the building was heard it was the voice of our CEO. He was in a hysterical and panicking voice " They`re here run and a blood squishing sound was heard on the building" and the announcement got cut off. Everyone on the office laughed so hard at that announcement until one of our colleague Jonathan came late with blood on his shirt. He was wounded with a lot of blood and losing consciousness. It was at that moment chaos erupted and everyone was running in exit direction. I stayed to try to revive Jonathan he said these words to me "It`s over and died". I went also into the exit direction but found a lot of blood and corpses of my colleague. In my shock I froze and a cold hand touch me. A hairy moist and soft hand like tentacle with hair and I pass out at that time. I woke up with the care of my other colleague Rick, Ronda, and Nolito. I asked what happened they told me they saw me passed out laying on the floor.


"It`s true all of it" Rick said.


"Aliens?" I asked.


"Yes the broadcast was true an alien is invading the world" Nolito replied.


We turned on the radio and listened to radio stations all of them are static. I turned and turned until we found a news broadcast about what happened apparently due to everyone not taking the first broadcast seriously the army didn`t prepare and they are completely wiped out. Then three hours have passed Rick and Nolito went to get some food on the cafeteria. A loud scream was heard from both of them. I tried to go help them but Ronda stopped me saying " Please stay don`t go" cried and pleading. I didn`t know what to do at that point. I stayed and waited for their return but none of them went back. Tired and hungry I stayed and calmed Ronda. About half an hour she said to me she needed to go to the restroom and I said at that time go to the next cubicle near me. Ronda insisted to go to the toilet hesitant to agree to her request I eventually agreed. As we are walking to the restroom area I saw an axe and I break the case and got the axe. When we arrived Ronda told me to go and guard the door outside. So I did I guard it outside, moments later I also had the urge to take a piss. So I went inside the restroom and heard a murmur inside Ronda`s stall so I listened and I heard her saying gibberish words. I slowly peek on the girl`s restroom and saw Ronda talking to a bloodied corpse of Rick at this point I concluded she might be one of them so I run as fast as possible holding an axe upon turning to the next corner I saw a bloodied corpse of Nolito standing up so I hack his head clean with the axe blood spilled over the floor and I didn`t feel anything since there was an alien inside his body. I went inside the janitor`s closet and heard noises many noises and a foot step went towards me. I could hear it coming close to me those heavy foot steps. The door knob was turned and in my rage I hacked anyone who opened it. It was Ronda with my swing I killed Ronda and I heard a scream. Suddenly I saw my colleagues are all in shock and they are all well and alive. It was all a prank a cold cruel joke or is it? I almost broke down and cry when I saw one of the eyes of my colleague were blinking sideways I got mad, confused and decided pull the axe on Ronda`s head and proceed to butcher them all. I then lit the building on fire and proceed to slaughter everyone I encounter. That`s when I heard the police sirens I didn`t know what to believe anymore and proceed to charge to the police but like a moth going to a flame I was shot and passed out and I awoke here.


"Tell me Doc am I crazy?"

"I don`t know what to think anymore".

"Have I gone mad?"


"This session has ended patient no. 45 we will do another session for another time" the doctor replied.


Upon seeing the Doctor leave he looked at me one last time and he blinked sideways like the one`s that I saw and I hysterically laugh like a mad man.



March 30, 2021 04:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.