1 comment

Friendship Happy

Growing up I was never bullied, and that's because I was the bully, I was always in some kind of trouble. That was until 7th grade, It was hard to find a school that would take me because of how many times I was suspended in elementary. After a few weeks of looking for schools my mother finally found one, "Hawks Alternative Jr high". The school was only 30 minutes away from my house which sucked. Starting a new school was always hard having to make new friends was the worst part about new schools. Soon it would be August and school would be starting. The first day of school was like any other, teachers introduce themselves along with students. This school was similar to my old school in some ways but also very different. My old school did not have police patrolling the campus, nor did it have metal detectors at the front door. I wasn't too worried about any of that though. I wanted this year to be different, I wanted to actually get good grades and make friends. One thing that I found very interesting was that I only had four teaches at this school, where as last year I had 7. In a way I was ok with it though, because I think that less teachers would be better or so I thought. I got along with most of my teachers pretty well except for one, His name was Mr. Frank and he was my language arts teacher. Mr. Frank was always in a mood, always grumpy and never really engaged with the things he taught us. And I think he has it out for me. He always marked my assignments as late and sometimes wouldn't even grade them, But that's ok because 10 days from now it will be April 1st otherwise known as April fool! It would be my time to shine, my turn to get back at Mr. Frank. Now all I had to do was make a plan. First part of the plan is to make a copy of Mr. Franks keys so that way I can get into the school the night before. Second, Make/ buy all of my supplies. Third, create a blueprint of the school and plan my entrance and exit points. My entrance will be the gym doors and my exit will be waste disposal aka the back door of the cafeteria. The fourth and final step is, DON'T GET CAUGHT. (March 31st, 10pm) I snuck out of the house around 10 pm and walked about 30 minutes to my school. I arrived at gym door around 10: 30, Dressed in all black with all my supplies in my backpack. I pulled out the copy of Mr. Frank's key and as I made my entrance I started the timer. I had showed up to the school the night before to record what time the security guard would leave. The guard leaves around 8pm and returns at 11, so I won't have to worry about a guard. The timer set for 20 minutes, but I must be out of the school in 15 minutes to avoid setting off the silent alarm, I make my way through the gym to the main hall I stay up against the right wall as I quickly walk to Mr. Franks room. I quietly open and close the door, I open up my back and begin to plant the glitter bombs and skunk spray. As I finish setting up the glitter bombs I hear a noise down the hall. I quietly run to the door and unlock it, I try my best to open it quietly, I take a peep outside and I see a guard. I quickly shut the door and lock it. I pull down the blinds just incase he tries to look inside. I look down at my watch to see how much time is remaining, I realize my plan is falling apart with only a minute and thirty seconds before the silent alarm is triggered. I run to the back of the room and realize that my only way of escaping is through the window. I open up the window and jump, I sprint as fast as I can home, I arrive around 11:25. I open up my window trying not to make a sound. I set my bag on my desk and crawl into bed. The next morning I arrive to school at 7:45, I make my way to my first class which is Mr. Frank, I take my seat near the back row to avoid being sprayed by a skunk spray. More kids start to arrive taking their seats all over the class. Soon It is 8:05 The bell rings and I see Mr. Frank walks to class, he walks over to his desk, sets down his bag and then proceeds to walk out of the room. I sit in my seat confused on why he came in and then left. About five minutes later he returned, He stood in front of the class and expressed his hatred for April first and that it was nothing but a day that endorses vandalism, and destruction of personal property. He said the hated April fools so much, that instead of pranking his students he wanted to do something good. He explained that he brought everyone treats, and got everyone a day pass to six flags, and that we would be watching a movie in class instead of doing work and that he brought popcorn and drinks for everyone to enjoy. I quickly stood up and said "WAIT" I ran to the front of the class and told him what I did, I told him not to sit down until I disarm the glitter bombs and skunk spray. When I finished disarming the glitter bombs and skunk spray I stood up and looked Mr. Frank directly in the eyes and apologized, I asked him if he wanted me to go to the office, because I figured I wouldn't get to enjoy the things he brought for the class. He looked me up and down then made eye contact and said "no, I want you to stay and enjoy everything that I brought for the class" I stood there confused not knowing what to say. " we all make mistakes, but what matters the most is if you have the guts to take responsibility, I can see you're not a bad kid you just make bad choices, You are apart of this class and I want you to enjoy what I brought for you all" My eyes begin to tear up, Thank you Mr. Frank. I walk back to my seat and wait patiently as he passes out individual bags of popcorn and soda cans. Once we all had our treats he turned off the lights and started the movie "Toy Story". When the movie finished I gathered all my trash and threw it away, as I walked towards the door Mr. Frank gave me a big smile. I was finally fitting in at a new school, and just made my first friend.

April 01, 2021 19:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Joshua Lara
15:16 Apr 03, 2021

Does anyone like it???

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.