0 comments

Adventure Suspense Thriller

It was a terrible cold morning , Huron Anderson was holed up in the small corner of an icky cell. He couldn't sleep all night , although given the condition i suspect nobody could.

Just 9 hours ago he was comfortable in his apartment watching the re-run of Seinfeld eating hot pizza.It wasn't the greatest luxury but it was more than enough for Huron.

Just as he was going to sleep , the door banged loudly. It all happened in a spur of a moment , but when Huron opened the door , two police men dressed in uniforms grabbed and cuffed him , saying those 12 words which Huron will never forget,"Huron Anderson you are under arrest for the murder of Anthony Jeffkins."

Huron had heard of the terrible murder of Anthony Jeffkins , it had happened in his neighborhood. Huron's neighborhood was quite a shady place , Huron had planned to move out of the place as soon as he had the money , he had saving up for years. But as someone who works in a supermarket he didn't earn much.

Huron was very confused when the police came to his door , he was even more confused when they cuffed him and accused him of murder. He objected several times that he didn't do it , but nobody seemed to care or even listen to him.

Anthony Jeffkins was a very important person in the eyes of people. He was a politician , he was a man with very much of power and money. His death came as a terrible surprise to people all around. People were afraid , the government was shocked nobody would've seen this coming ,except of course the murderer.

Huron's street was crowded with people from the media , as Huron was shoved in the car by two buff policemen , reporters shouted questions at him , he caught a quite a few. one lady reported yelled ," what was the reason behind it Mr Huron ". another shouted , " what did Anthony Jeffkins do ?" he didn't here the others clearly but all had do to as to why he , Huron Anderson killed Anthony Jeffkins .

A large number of Anthony Jeffkins supporters protested against Huron. As the police car drew away from Huron's apartment , he looked outside she couldn't swallow the fact that he had been arrested for something that he had been arrested for something he didn't do.

It's had been 9 hours since Huron was arrested ,they asked him a few questions and threw him in a cell , he was holed up in a corner and he tried to be strong , the police had said that as Huron couldn't afford a lawyer , he would be given one by the state.

Tears poured down Huron's eyes , he stared at a wall , and soaked in all that had happened . Huron didn't have a family , his mother and father had abandoned him , he was alone ever since and Huron was fine with that . He had never done an illegal thing ever in his life he was simple and he stayed away from trouble.

After a few minutes a policeman came and opened his cell and pulled Huron out and cuffed him , he was then sent to a room , where he saw a man sitting down he had a freshly pressed suit and a thin business-like tie , he held a folder in his hand , and tapped the table in front of him impatiently. He had dark brown hair and a watch witch he checked every five seconds.

As Huron entered the room , the man got up and introduced himself as Santiago Macitas , his lawyer appointed from the state and said that he'll be fighting for him in the court , he sat down and gestured to the chair right across him . Huron sat on that chair.

After 20 minutes of talking to Huron about the case and asking him all sorts of questions. Santiago simply asked ," did you kill Anthony Jeffkins?" . Huron looked straight into the mans eyes and said " no i did not" with certainty , Santiago looked at Huron for a few seconds and then said , " i believe you."

Santiago got up and told him that he would see Huron at court and that he would be sent to correctional facility for now . Huron nodded and thanked him for everything. Huron was not taken back to his cell , the police man shoved him inside a van and took him to a huge building with police everywhere and huge sign that said , "fester's correctional institution".

Huron was checked and sent inside to a cell where a man was reading a book , he barely noticed Huron. As Huron was sat down on the uncomfortable bed , he gazed around the room he shared with this stranger.

Days passed and finally came the court date. Huron was sent to court .Just as he stepped out of the car he could see a lot of reporters and lots of people shouting his name and accusing him of terrible things , they all looked at him with hatred and rage.

He was rushed inside the court by the police and his lawyer sat there preparing for the trial . Huron was scared , in-fact he was terrified . after a while court started the jury members came , Santiago fought for Huron, but the lawyers of Anthony Jeffkins were far better and stronger .

Huron was a offered a plea deal that was that he plead guilty and 30 years of jail time. Huron was beyond shocked he had to do 30 years of jail time for a crime he didn't commit. And Santiago said that it was either this or that i had to go to jail for life .

Huron plead guilty he was sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit . The world thinks he's guilty except he isn't. Everything happened in the blink of an eye. He was charged guilty. and a few hours later ,he was in jail and he stared at the wall his mind blank and nothing was the same anymore , it would never be the same anymore.

THE END......

November 29, 2020 16:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.