0 comments

Christmas High School Romance

Christmas Curse

                 Once upon a time, there was a pretty girl who named Angelique in town of Quebec. Everyone loved her since she was born. They said she had the eyes of an angel and skin was so pure and clear like a crystal snow. She had the people who hated her the most. The people were her closed relatives by her uncle of mother’s family. The aunt and her daughters hated her all the time because her looks and characteristics were different from them and everyone loved her because of her charm and attractive look they thought her like that. Even if she didn’t do anything people who saw her first time also loved her. Her mother was proud of her because her child was born with love charm from the god. Her mother always said she was the present from the god. She was being lucky to get family love and love from town. She was treating like a lucky charm from the town. Then, one day her luck was all shove away by the pregnant woman. She was the person who took away her father and makes a curse over her. She was so sad because she didn’t do anything to her. She was not being hated her at all but that pregnant woman hate her the most. But her mother told her not to keep those words in mind longer it will make it real if you take it. She knew that won’t be possible. Years passed like the wind, she was being a teenager now and she had someone in mind. That guy was smart, cool and popular among girls because he was the basketball prince who had charming smile and good looking skin and taller than other guys. He was always top in exam too not only in sport results.

                 She was wandering around him without letting the person know. But he recognizes her time to time when she comes to see his matches. Then, one day she was running towards the headmistress office on corridor, she saw someone come across her road and she can’t stop her speed so she fell down to the floor and hurt her back. She can’t stand up for a moment and she heard the voice of the guy. So, she try to open the eyes and see Marvin. She was shocking to see him at that time. She didn’t know what she must do right now so she stand up quickly and rushed out from the floor and head to the headmistress room. He didn’t get a chance to say a word to her. After three days later, they meet on the corridor near canteen too. She tried to get away from him again. But he try to grab her hand to ask her why she kept moving away from him. But she was so slippery to catch. He missed the chance again. A week later, he tried to find her all the way but there is no trace of her. But on his match in evening after classes end. She showed up on the high stairs away from the match floor but he saw her there sitting and watching the match until the end. He wanted to go up when it’s break but there have no chance to go over there. When the match end, she got a called so she picked up the phone and standing near the exit door. He saw her unexpectedly so he was happy and go forward her. She didn’t notice someone was behind her back. This time he didn’t miss the chance to talk to her. He said it directly when he was closed to her. She was shocking to see him this close. She left without saying anything so he wasn’t sure she heard it or not.

                   Being like this all the time, only he never gave up on this mysterious girl who scare to get along with guy. He followed her all the time and he saw she hadn’t friends around her especially boys. She get along with a little group of girls only. So, he tried to get information about her from those girls. But those girls are hard to friendship too. He was not failing on girls every time after he changing his style of talking to girls one of her friend accept him as friend. They did not saying much of her to him. He got the special interests her by spying himself around her without noticing. Then, he made a plan to confess her on Christmas eve the school was closed now because it was holiday. Everyone was gathering among the places and visiting to the relatives. He got the news from her close friend she had no relatives to visit in Christmas time so she might be here for holiday season here. He prepared in nearby coffee shop where she liked to go in Christmas time. At there, he took the seat she ever sit for having coffee and cakes. When he was there, he saw the nice view in winter from the cafe was only good view in that spot. From her friend he heard she liked to be quiet by herself and sometime she listen classical music. This place was matching her likes so she liked to be here mostly in Christmas time. Everything was finishing as planned before. He waited there to evening. In evening, she came into the cafe without knowing anything. But she notice something was strange there were no customers in cafe, it kind of strange in her mind. Anyway, she walked towards the counter and watched the cakes and desserts list. The staff said someone ordered all those things and there will only dessert left. She said “why is this happening” and then she tried to go back with downing head. When she opened the door, the door was locked and there was a paper on the glass door it wrote closed on the paper. Then, she heard the song someone was sinning nicely from the seat she ever took on every Christmas time in this shop. When she turned around, she saw Marvin in that table and the cakes and desserts she liked so much were on that table. So, she go forward to him and said “what do you mean by that, why do you took all those things from me, what did I do wrong to you”. Then, she was crying in front of him, that wasn’t like he expected. He stand up and said “I didn’t mean to make you sad don’t cry or my heart will be broken, I just wanted you to be happy and want to get a chance to talk to you because you are always running away from me”. Then, she stopped crying and said “why are you interesting me, I didn’t want to friend with some kind of popular person like you, I don’t want to get hate by others”. He said “so that was the reason you running away from me”. She said “yes and I have other reason if someone popular or famous come to meet and talk to me that person might meet the failures all in his life, that was the curse I can’t help them out”. She continued “that’s why I kept myself away from you, I don’t want you to get hurt by me, and you need luck in your life if you want to get much brighter future”. But he said the sentence without knowing the curse, that sentence was “I like you whatever you are I will protect you and facing the problems and troubles with you together”. She was laughing after hearing this confession. She said “sorry mister I am not interested in you”. He was surprising over her and said “that was reject”, she replied “yes, it is” then she go out without taking or eating anything. He was left like this by confusing everything.

                    Years passed, when they were being a high school grader, the Christmas time came over again. She didn’t change her likes and hates so she went to the library on morning, going to playground in afternoon and going to shopping in evening and then went to the cafe nearby shopping mall. There she saw him again with presents again on her desk. Now, she went to the other table for having a quiet time. She dropped down her bags and ordered at the counter and takes the desserts with her hand. After she get back to the desk and start eating, he moved to her desk and proposing to her again. She ignored this time again without saying anything; she rushed eating the desserts and grabbed her bags and leave again. He was running after her but he missed her again. After they passed the exam in high grades and she chose the university far from town. But he tried to get into that university again to attach with her. He was following her all along by himself and confessing over five times in Christmas eve always but he got failed again and again. Then, one day his friends come to see him at his apartment they said “why didn’t you get over her, you are smart and intelligence and cool guy you can get the beauty in any time but why is she only”. He said “she was someone who took my heart away and I was not scaring of the curse or whatever anyway, I wanted to stay by her side without taking anything from her”. His friends thought he was being crazy by her. For him she was the only one who did those things to him. So, he can’t let go of hope to get love from her.

                      This is the last time he tried before leaving a hope on her. The tenth time of Christmas Eve proposing. She was back in home town and go forward to the cafe she liked to be there in every Christmas time. But now she had the career of journalist so she tried to write this cafe story in her article for this Christmas time. Then, she met Marvin at their place rather than the staffs and owner uncle. She said “aren’t you get enough from me what do you want from me”. He said “I want from is confident on love”. She said “I admit you are someone who always does the things, those I didn’t expect over years”. But he said “this is the last time I confessed to you, on those years I know more about you and know your special information”. She interested in his talking now so she took a seat in front of him and lay her face towards him. She was staring straight to him with blinking eyes like a star. Then, he kept his tone and saying “you afraid of someone get hurt by you and because of you, you wanted to love someone but you afraid of hurting yourself from loving again right”. She nodded to him. He continued “for me you don’t need to worry about it because I won’t let you down and don’t make you hurt by me, I proved my love to you all those years, I was not changing for those years and I trust myself It won’t changing again”. She said “you seemed like so selfish and confident all those times, okay I accept your will but we tried dating only a year if you change during a year you won’t be see me again”. He was surprising and didn’t know how to say it again; he was knotting by the Christmas curse now. But he hugged her tight this time and happy ending. In this story, love can make the stone to move. If you make your move with your strong mind, everything can be possible. You can give your mind and heart as a present to your beloved. This is best present your true love gave you. 

December 23, 2020 06:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.